March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ashamed to say I had a little slip today. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The Derm Store sent me a limited time $10 coupon off anything, and their shipping is free.  I've been looking for a little travel purse kit for makeup on the fly that has everything -  foundation, powder, blush, shadow, concealer, lippie, gloss, the works. It has it all except mascara, and I've been hunting something like this for a long time.  It's not one of those big kits with 199 eye shadows, 44 glosses, etc. This one is very small and it's by Jane Iredale, a line I really like. It was $28, so my coupon brought it to $18 with no S&H. I was going to wait until April because the code was good for 31 days, but I saw that some the skin tones were already sold out, and I wanted to secure my shade. I did stop myself from buying anything else, though, so at least I had a "managed" lapse.
icon_neutral.gif

I was able to ignore the 20% off beauty sale at Drugstore.com though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even though I did backslide today, I still think this no-buy is a great idea, because normally I would have bought much more by now!

Well I might have slipped but I didn't use any money I hadn't spent already. lol After I returned some clothes I bought and wasn't really sure if I liked in the first place then spent $40 from the return on a few things - the new Sinful Colors collection ($1.99 each) and three Maybelline Tattoo shadows. Doesn't count right since it was money I spent before and got back? lol

If that's how you define your no-buy, then it doesn't count! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I might have slipped but I didn't use any money I hadn't spent already. lol After I returned some clothes I bought and wasn't really sure if I liked in the first place then spent $40 from the return on a few things - the new Sinful Colors collection ($1.99 each) and three Maybelline Tattoo shadows. Doesn't count right since it was money I spent before and got back? lol

I'm both proud of myself today AND angry at myself. I managed to go to both CVS and Walgreens and wasn't really tempted by anything (Although there is a KILLER deal right now on Revlon nail polish at CVS), but I DID buy some ingredients online (black soap and shea butter, one pound of each). However, this was sort of a necessity--I realized that I am almost out of body wash (and let's face it, I WAS curious about black soap) and I'm out of the shea butter creams I'd been using on my elbows (exczema)--and with it getting warmer, I need to take care of THAT condition before it gets horrible. That said, I found a good price and am not going to beat myself up about this. I still avoided impulse purchasing, I just hadn't realized before starting the no-buy that I would need something during the time frame.

And TRUST ME, you DON'T wanna run out of soap, right?

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm both proud of myself today AND angry at myself. I managed to go to both CVS and Walgreens and wasn't really tempted by anything (Although there is a KILLER deal right now on Revlon nail polish at CVS), but I DID buy some ingredients online (black soap and shea butter, one pound of each). However, this was sort of a necessity--I realized that I am almost out of body wash (and let's face it, I WAS curious about black soap) and I'm out of the shea butter creams I'd been using on my elbows (exczema)--and with it getting warmer, I need to take care of THAT condition before it gets horrible. That said, I found a good price and am not going to beat myself up about this. I still avoided impulse purchasing, I just hadn't realized before starting the no-buy that I would need something during the time frame.

And TRUST ME, you DON'T wanna run out of soap, right?

Soap is a necessity! 

It is...but I was annoyed at myself for making a point of getting one that I've been lemming for, rather than just picking up some on-sale body wash, ya know?

Baby steps!

It is...but I was annoyed at myself for making a point of getting one that I've been lemming for, rather than just picking up some on-sale body wash, ya know?

Baby steps!

for sure, but if you have to buy it...might as well buy something you want, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for making me feel as if I haven't "fallen off the wagon", so to speak. 

elf has been doing everything in its power to get me to go to the website but I simply refuse. I have a major purchase next week (new sword and dagger, custom made) that I am picking up. Must not run out of money!  LOL

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

elf has been doing everything in its power to get me to go to the website but I simply refuse. I have a major purchase next week (new sword and dagger, custom made) that I am picking up. Must not run out of money!  LOL

lol I had to unsubscribe from their emails. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ELF's emails are always SO darn tempting.

And the current Estee Lauder GWP is killing me. 

But we're strong, we're invinci....oh heck no, no Helen Reddy THIS early in the morning.

I bought more fake nails...Sallys had them on clearance for 2.99-3.99. No makeup though and nothing else of beauty nature. Oh and I bought some nail wheels for my polishes b/c of this post LOL! My surgery is thursday so I needed something to calm my nerves! LMAO

The UD F&F sale isn't even tempting to me. Mainly because Naked 2 is excluded from the promo code.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The UD F&F sale isn't even tempting to me. Mainly because Naked 2 is excluded from the promo code.

I got naked 1, since I actually dont' own anything from UD...I'm not quite sure how that happened. I usually skip the section at Ulta though. 

I have the first Naked palette. I saw the Naked 2 at Sephora but wasn't really impressed by it since I already have the first one. They kind of look similar to me anyway and I can't justify buying more neutral eye shadows. This is the only UD product I have.

OK, in an effort to actually do this no-buy, I will organize my stash this week. I can't go tonight after work, but tomorrow after work I WILL go to the container store and find some things to help me out. That will definitely help me to see what I definitely don't need to buy any more (eyeshadow palettes, mascara, glitter etc) and what MIGHT be permissable to buy once in a while (concealer, primer). 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, in an effort to actually do this no-buy, I will organize my stash this week. I can't go tonight after work, but tomorrow after work I WILL go to the container store and find some things to help me out. That will definitely help me to see what I definitely don't need to buy any more (eyeshadow palettes, mascara, glitter etc) and what MIGHT be permissable to buy once in a while (concealer, primer). 

I'm headed to the 99 Cent Store for the same reason. BUT my problem is that until I organize it, I won't know what size baskets I'm gonna need. Rut Roh.

I'm headed to the 99 Cent Store for the same reason. BUT my problem is that until I organize it, I won't know what size baskets I'm gonna need. Rut Roh.

I have the exact same problem, but I definitely need something free standing because I have so little counterspace. I can definitely utilize the storage space for more than just make up, so I'm planning on over buying. 

Latest posts

Back