Sign in to follow this  
ladygrey

March 2012 No-Buy Support!

OK So I went to Target on my way home but I wasn't bad, really. I picked up tights, chocolate, and the lash growth serum I mentioned yesterday. and that's it. So yes the lash growth serum was kind of against the no buy but it could've been much much worse.

I like this thinking line , Isabel! I'm trying not to buy ANY beauty product at all though, lol. 

I  did just try to place an order on the toofaced site, but it kept saying "order not found" which I took as a sign to STOP trying. 

Originally Posted by automaticeyesx View Post

I'm getting married in two months as well! May 12 :) I'm definitely in need of a no-buy, especially nail polish. Good thing I already ordered what I want from China Glaze's hunger games collection! But seriously, other than my birchbox I need to stay away from cosmetics stores and sites.

Congratulations! Our date is May 5th :)

I have been mainly going crazy with moisturizers/ face creams/ things that I hope will give me perfect skin. Honestly, until I started shopping for the wedding I never really cared that much about make up- I'd buy new products once in a blue moon. But since November or so I'm placing at least two Sephora orders a month in addition to trying out all the sub services- I have GOT to stop. Especially before my fiance figures out how much I've been spending ooops.gif

Ive been on a low buy for what seems like 2 years because I bought so much makeup at once and then I came to my senses. I sold/swapped what I could and now i still have a ton. lol Right now im on a no buy because money is really tight! My ONLY splurge is my Birchbox, otherwise I havent bought a thing. Im also proud of my MAC empty collection!

I used ECBs that were about to expire to get three Lip Butters today (I chose those because I would then accrue MORE ECBs). I did notice, however, that CVS isn't much fun if you AREN'T looking at makeup LOL

And I used my Milani Glitzy Gloss for the first time--kinda loving it.

And I got my PG BrandSampler in the mail, which had Crest Whitestrips in it...so kinda counted as a new beauty freebie.

And I got an email saying that I won a full size Kiehl's Clearly Correcting.

So...I may make it after all!

ETA: I went to Goodwill and for $22 got a burgundy cardigan, 2 burgundy shirts (our team color at work is burgundy), 2 pairs of black slacks, a black and neon pink colorblock cardigan, 2 t-shirts, and a really glam tank top/jacket combo. Yeah...THIS is why "fashion" isn't part of my no buy. I think, though, that if I make it through March, I might alternate months--One month, no beauty; One month, no fashion.....It's a thought, anyway.

Calexxia, that is awesome! I love shopping at Goodwill. Once I found a Free People sweater for $3. $3! And it was something that would have cost at least $100 full price.

Today I dug around in the back of my makeup drawers and decided to use things that I've had for ages, and they've been neglected. So today I used:

Stila cheek color in Tutu: this is discontinued now, so I don't even know how long I've had this...

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: I like this color, a lot. When I first got it, I used it all the time. Then I forgot about it for ages!

A long, long time ago, I got a really cute Abercrombie skirt (well, it had short things underneath, so more like a skort? but not the kindergarten type) at the ASPCA thrift store in Davis, CA.

They just opened up a new Goodwill near me. I've been meaning to go since their old location had stuff from DKNY, with tags.

Today is a good beauty-no-buy day. I went to Sephora's website, and there is NOTHING I want. icon_biggrin.gif Same with eBay, although I do have a bid going on, but I placed that in February and it's for a lotion that I am almost out of.

There is a good will not far from me. I really should get somethings there. I need some shirts for work. I work with kids so i dont want to spend a ton on nice new shirts. I need to keep Goodwill in mind.

I had to go to Wal-Greens today to get my passport photo done and managed to stay away from the cosmetic department.

Originally Posted by Pancua View Post

I had to go to Wal-Greens today to get my passport photo done and managed to stay away from the cosmetic department.

You get claps for that one! claps.gif

Originally Posted by sprite9034 View Post

The Julep 50% off code is killing me today.

Only resisting because there will be other sales.

Blargh.

You can resist! 

Just remind yourself that there will ALWAYS be an awesome sale, and there will be plenty of sales when the no-buy is over! At least that's what I keep tellin' myself. :)

The Julep 50% off code is killing me today.

Only resisting because there will be other sales.

Blargh.

I am not going to buy any make up for 3 months hopefully, in fact I am trying to sell some of my unused ones on ebay.

I have too many make up now and they are stacking in my room.

My March revolution is to use up:

1. Nars madly blush (I've been using that for the entire spring last year, then I somehow got other favorite blushes and it has been sitting in my MU collection for forever)

2. Elf liquid eyeliner (either used it up/most of it and throw it away)

3. Urban Decay 24/7 zero (It's almost done, still tiny bit left but I went on and got a new one. Havent used the old one since)

4. Milani Concealer (bought it in the 75% off sale, used for a week then it's never used again. However I got 6 of them!!!!)

5. Milani Lipmixer (a nice color to go with Nars madly. hopefully it'll be at least half gone at the end of the month)

6. Loreal mascara (too many different mascara sitting. So I need to use a FIFO method to use them up!)

7. Asian lipstick (dont like the formula at all but since I got them and no return policy available in those asian store. I and stuck and have to use it up!)

Yaaay, excellent!!! I had to stop by Walmart this evening and even though I was tempted to look at the cosmetics and beauty sections, I totally resisted. :)

Originally Posted by greenapril View Post

I went to the mall today and didn't pick up any makeup or perfume.

Made it through CVS today without buying anything (well, a couple magazines)....of course, my "enabler" had me some Sally Hansen stuff she had picked up for me prior to the no-buy...so it's kinda funny that I'm still accumulating stuff, even though NOT spending.

Guys- My Target revamped and expanded their cosmetics section. Talk about temptation.

Side note: Does anyone know if the Elf es primer is any good?

Guys- My Target revamped and expanded their cosmetics section. Talk about temptation.

I like it, and the price is RIGHT!

And that would devastate me. I've been getting a lot of good stuff from their clearance lately, even without renovations. EEK.

So I've decided to join this no-buy for March, but only for items i know i have too much of. My no-buy includes: nail polish, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, lipstick (: not lipgloss :), foundation and concealer; however, all other items are more than welcome into my collection.  

Yeah, it's actually pretty decent. i think its worth far more than a dollar!

I'm on a no-buy until the end of March ... but ended up buying an ecotools brush set today for a small discount :/ I think it was worth it though b/c they are always out of stock here (cheaper here than online and shipping) plus I've been lusting after them forever... but seriously, I need to stop making excuses!! No buy forreals now.

And I hit pan on a Stila black e/s that I've been using since hs!!! (but it broke and had to be repressed and now the sweet little pan spot is gone... so sad)

I'm thinking of satisfying my make-up fix (and buying fix) by working on DIY make-up projects using youtube tutorials.  Learn how to depot lipsticks and powders, make magnet boards for the bathroom and magnetized palettes and such.  It will be cheaper than buying make-up and help me organize and declutter what I already have, as well as save moolah on future purchases by doing things like making my own lip balm using lipsticks that are down to the nub and vaseline.