Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aleeeshuh

Beauty Army: July

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by iPretty949 View Post

 

Seriously???

 

234

 

So it means that when I get home from work, I wont get the chance to choose and they will automatically choose for me?

 

This is a mess. I am working 8am-5pm and I do not know if I have time to lurk around the website just to reshuffle items that I want to see in my box.

 

I already have a pending charge and they are even asking me to update my card. Messsssy!

Try clicking on the upper right hand corner where it says, 'Your subscription window is open.  Choose now.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled BA today. I still have a shipment that will arrive sometime next week. I am just not that excited about the stuff they offer and with all the problems it's not worth it to me right now. I will probably watch over the next few months and decide from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 View Post

 

Well, revenue is recognized when it is earned. Since the boxes are not sent out the services have not been performed, thus making it an unearned revenue. The cash would still show on the balance sheet since cash was actually received, but the credit would be to an unearned liability account instead of an income statement account such as sales revenue. If you have a contract with no payment made and no services performed, then you do not have an accounting transaction. No goods, services, or cash were exchanged, thus no entry is made on the books. Accounting is my other passion besides beauty. :)

 

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Thank you for taking time out for my accounting refresher course ;)...  What you say makes sense!

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 
ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal View Post

 

Try clicking on the upper right hand corner where it says, 'Your subscription window is open.  Choose now.'

 

I did, and it just has this circles swirling for 5 minutes. I emailed Nancy Lee and told me that MOP was not updated and I have to give my credit card again. Are they nuts?! I have a pending charge of $12 in my account, now tell me I didnt update it? I did update it FIRST among all my subs even though I skipped for two months.

 

I think the problem why I cant pick my samples is

Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 10.38.59 PM.png

 

I asked her how to update it again and it cant be found anywhere in the site. No reply as of this afternoon.

 

I am one inch away of canceling. I am going back to work tomorrow and hopefully I can find time to deal with it when I get home (hopefully not to see that SOLD OUT note again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last month I kept getting 'terminated accounts cannot be updated' when trying to update my payment info, got the run-around from nancy-lee so i emailed their customer service and they told me that it was a glitch in their system, they pushed my payment through and on top of my first box that I picked, they sent my second box of picks too. I only paid for the second box so the free box sort of made up for it. my new selection window is later in the month now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am quite sad with all the reports of unanswered emails. I completely understanding having 1-3 people answering emails but every time I get an email, it's from the same person. I have had 3 emails go unanswered, not even a reply. 1 email go unanswered after the original reply and some of them months ago.

 

It is EXTREMELY important to keep your members updated BA. They're paying your bills!! Get some more help. Take an hour break from posting unnecessary things on your facebook page and answer your emails!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, vanessa. Its really sad because I was always so supportive of beauty army, but I'm not even a subscriber anymore. I work in membership and it is very important to keep your members happy if you want them to continue to subscribe, because in any industry, there is always someone out there who will keep them happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my box! Love everything except the mangosteen & acai thingy leaked and there were cream and sweet fruity smell everywhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by morre22 View Post

 

Mine said the same thing except it will take another week longer because I live across the country. It is a little ridiculous because I picked my samples on the 2nd and it did not get mailed out until the 13th.

EXACT same situation for me, I chose on the 2nd. I had to email on the 12th when I hadn't even gotten a shipping notice and saw that people that picked the same time were already getting their boxes. From my tracking info, I should be getting it at the end of the week. I was really excited at first but at this point I just want to get it. This isn't the first time I've had problems with them either. I wasn't even planning on getting this month but the items were really good so I resubscribed.. if next month's isn't amazing I'll probably cancel. It's sad because I like the idea of it, I've just had too many problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Cylarne View Post

 

EXACT same situation for me, I chose on the 2nd. I had to email on the 12th when I hadn't even gotten a shipping notice and saw that people that picked the same time were already getting their boxes. From my tracking info, I should be getting it at the end of the week. I was really excited at first but at this point I just want to get it. This isn't the first time I've had problems with them either. I wasn't even planning on getting this month but the items were really good so I resubscribed.. if next month's isn't amazing I'll probably cancel. It's sad because I like the idea of it, I've just had too many problems.

Yeah I was super excited to get this, especially since it is my first month, but now I'm just wanting it to get here like the excitement is gone.. I'm sure I will be excited once it does get here but with their incredibly slow shipping I won't have it until next week probably. I will give them 3 chances, including this one, and if it is still horrible I will unsubscribe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you reasons for canceling? I'm thinking maybe I should too, but they pulled through last minute during my selection window.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Anyone know how to cancel online?? I can't find the cancel button!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Besame stuff is amazing, I neeeed the full size. My youngblood primer feels exactly like monistat antichafing gel, and it's a little heavier than the CoverFX. The Atzen is teeeeny tiny and I haven't tried the eyecoolers or my macadamia oil. I loved my selections this month, super excited for next month :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by blondie415 View Post

 

I would really like to stay i love the products but almost 3 weeks to get it is crazy

i agree! shipping takes way too long. it just frustrates me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by aleeeshuh View Post

 

What are you reasons for canceling? I'm thinking maybe I should too, but they pulled through last minute during my selection window.

 

Thinking of canceling too. I had been struggling to choose my samples.

 

I updated my MOP last month because of billing address change. I skipped two months and decided to sub this month. I cant get anything to work!

 

They deactivated my account, reason why I cant choose.

 

Nancy Lee told me that there are some technical issues that affected my acct. Now, I am RETRYING for the Nth time, 530PM -- SUBSCRIPTIONS CLOSED. HOW CONVENIENT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by aleeeshuh View Post

 

What are you reasons for canceling? I'm thinking maybe I should too, but they pulled through last minute during my selection window.

Mostly the selection. I am terribly frustrated with the products and fact I have to make myself a slutty oily  senior citizen to get a decent selection!! . After 7 months, we should  be getting some new, exciting things. To be honest, I forget about it. No a good sign...

 

I did cancel this morning and signed up for Truth in Aging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

 

...I am terribly frustrated with the products and fact I have to make myself a slutty oily  senior citizen to get a decent selection!!..

 

Just choked on my taco while reading that. Hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

 

Mostly the selection. I am terribly frustrated with the products and fact I have to make myself a slutty oily  senior citizen to get a decent selection!! . After 7 months, we should  be getting some new, exciting things. To be honest, I forget about it. No a good sign...

 

I did cancel this morning and signed up for Truth in Aging.

What is Truth in Aging??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...