Beauty Army: July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been on there before, BTW. I am not regretting canceling yet

Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on your profile what did you pick to the grand central beauty mask

New samples at 9am is what they're advertising right? Only 2 noteworthy items, the rest are perfumes or one time use satchels.  Hopefully the next 3 days will be better than today!

Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New samples at 9am is what they're advertising right? Only 2 noteworthy items, the rest are perfumes or one time use satchels.  Hopefully the next 3 days will be better than today!
yes 9am PST but I've noticed its all repeats of previous months. I'm not seeing new items.

everyone talks about how they get perfume samplesand dont want them,  if you dont click on perfume sample you wont get any that is what i do i might get maybe one at the most

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been on there before, BTW. I am not regretting canceling yet
this is just my second box i guess that is why i havent seen it before

everyone talks about how they get perfume samplesand dont want them,  if you dont click on perfume sample you wont get any that is what i do i might get maybe one at the most
Two months ago I couldn't get less than 4 to show up and I never clicked perfume.  If they are low on samples, perfumes tend to show up.  There were other items I wanted so I had to take a perfume sample.  

If you are getting a lot of perfume, you should wait until 9am PST the next day to see if there are more samples

that would be the obvious solution. but sometimes the choices are between mostly perfume samples and foil packets. so what to do then? complain and skip.

I didn't click on perfume which is where my frustration lies...

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Two months ago I couldn't get less than 4 to show up and I never clicked perfume.  If they are low on samples, perfumes tend to show up.  There were other items I wanted so I had to take a perfume sample.  

If you are getting a lot of perfume, you should wait until 9am PST the next day to see if there are more samples
This is exactly what is happening to me! And 2 of them are ones that I've already received in prior months (that I HATED for the record).  I really want the macadamia oil. Although that alone is worth the price, I can't seem to get the one or two items that are disappearing when I retake my profile.

All I can say is it was totally worth it!

Here are some pictures from my review:

IMG_4671.JPG

bakit.jpg

rouge.jpg

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

Click above for more pics of my box ^^^^

You can read the rest of it in my blog (link is under my avatar), it was too long to post in this thread.

I'm in LOVE with Besame cosmetics. The pans are so vintage and packaging alone I'm in love. Gabriela was just so nice and invited me to her main store in Glendale, CA which I'll take her up on next time I'm in California. She uses METAL compacts that they have pressed for them. It's so 1930s/1940s feeling. OMG, seriously loved the packaging. She gave me something else to try - I have it packed still - and I of course have the rouge which I wore the day I met her.

This is the second month I have had to email BA to get my 12 bucks refunded. I thought that if you skipped on the first day of your selection window your account would not be charged? I am so done with this!

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the second month I have had to email BA to get my 12 bucks refunded. I thought that if you skipped on the first day of your selection window your account would not be charged? I am so done with this!
I've only ever skipped last month, and after a day or so the money was back into my account without me asking them. They did send out an email yesterday asking to update info. It said 

"Good news! We've updated our credit card processing system.

Our new system only charges you when your samples are selected each month. No more pre-authorization charge for months that you decide to skip. If you skip a month, you simply won't be charged for that month."

I was right on the verge on cancelling. Previously the only samples offered to me were tiny foil packets and this month I actually got at 1 full size product. This was my first month that I think my box was actually with the $12. And the Macadamia oil is amazing!

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've only ever skipped last month, and after a day or so the money was back into my account without me asking them. They did send out an email yesterday asking to update info. It said 

"Good news! We've updated our credit card processing system.

Our new system only charges you when your samples are selected each month. No more pre-authorization charge for months that you decide to skip. If you skip a month, you simply won't be charged for that month."
I kinda feel bad about canceling now. The email CS sent me was super nice (mine not so much). I think i will resub a little later. I have a heap of samples to go through!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selection window for my august box just started. 6 of 9 are foil packets! :/
do it at 9am like they said or maybe a lil later i always done mine about 11am and maybe get 1 or 2 foil packets if that

Back