Beauty Army: July

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
I used to be an advocate for Beauty Army, but for my July selection I changed my beauty profile about five times and my selections are still the same. I even put my age to 13-18 and another time I did 55+. There were no changes in my selections, with the exception of the order it was presented in.





My last day to select is July 4th. I'm going to wait till then to see if there are better choices.

 

iPretty949

Social Media Manager
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
1,478
Reaction score
367
I already skipped two months. I wish they could introduce new selections as I will be skipping often if not. It makes me sad.


 
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
1,373
Reaction score
45
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Wow slim pickings. I think this will be my last month of skipping. I have skipped 2 already, why just keep getting charged every month just to go through the hassle of skipping and waiting for a refund.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
Yes slim pickings indeed!!!!!!!!!! I skipped last June's and I might end up skipping this July's too. So sad...

 
Joined
Jun 29, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Nancy-Lee said that even if you change your age it doesn't change your samples. They have also started doing different samples each day, so they change from day to day what you can pick.

 
Joined
Sep 11, 2011
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
That selection is insane. Foil packets for $12. I quit after my second month, February, because I could see where they were heading. And I don't like that you have to be billed and then ask for a refund. They keep the float in your money until that refund is processed. I think this company is a has been/also ran, and I am glad I bailed early.

 
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
20,866
Reaction score
1,618
Location
USA
They're working on it. They understand that people don't like the skip feature now and are working on fixing it so you're not charged first before skipping. When that will end up changing I don't know. I gave them several leads from IMATS with companies to potentially work with so hopefully one or two pans out.

 
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
6
I decided to cancel. I will not pay for foil packets. I've messed with my profile MANY times and I got the same samples (different days), they were just shuffled in order. I wanted to love them but I just can't pay for foil packets when I shop so often at Sephora and get them for free with every order. I will miss the cute box though.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
Really??? That doesn't make sense because a 13-18 year old is less likely to an anti-aging cream than a 55+ year old

Originally Posted by AuttyW /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nancy-Lee said that even if you change your age it doesn't change your samples. They have also started doing different samples each day, so they change from day to day what you can pick.
 
Joined
Sep 11, 2011
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
They're working on it. They understand that people don't like the skip feature now and are working on fixing it so you're not charged first before skipping. When that will end up changing I don't know. I gave them several leads from IMATS with companies to potentially work with so hopefully one or two pans out.
Not for anything, but your post makes me feel even worse about Beauty Army. You are giving them tips on company's to work with. People are paying them $12 per month. Shouldn't they have suppliers lined up and shouldn't they be forming strategic partnerships and procuring their own samples. The price they charge for what you get us insane. My glam and birchbox are $2 less, and their smallest samples are usually bigger than what beauty army offer. Plus they are all off brands. I predict they will fold before Christmas. I wonder how many active subscribers they actually have.
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
20,866
Reaction score
1,618
Location
USA
Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're working on it. They understand that people don't like the skip feature now and are working on fixing it so you're not charged first before skipping. When that will end up changing I don't know. I gave them several leads from IMATS with companies to potentially work with so hopefully one or two pans out.
Not for anything, but your post makes me feel even worse about Beauty Army. You are giving them tips on company's to work with. People are paying them $12 per month. Shouldn't they have suppliers lined up and shouldn't they be forming strategic partnerships and procuring their own samples. The price they charge for what you get us insane. My glam and birchbox are $2 less, and their smallest samples are usually bigger than what beauty army offer. Plus they are all off brands. I predict they will fold before Christmas. I wonder how many active subscribers they actually have.
You and I both don't know who they have lined up and last I heard they were in talks with 20+ companies. Having had the chance to talk to many vendors I had the chance to feel who might be inclined to work with beauty box companies be it Beauty Army, Birchbox, MyGlam, or Sample Society. I also fielded companies to work with us as advertisers and giveaway sponsors. Sometimes - as in one company's case - they were approached by Beauty Army but didn't get the whole beauty box subscription thing and what is really in it for them until I explained it to them. The reason I passed them the info to them is because these are companies I would love to see in ANY beauty box subscription service and since Beauty Army was there at IMATS and I know the ladies personally now I gave them the info. I could have easily passed the info to Birchbox or MyGlam as well but I chose to give the info to BA because I still like the ability to choose my own products.

I doubt they'll fold by December and think that they'll actually make it to their 2nd year (January 2013 will be their 1st anniversary).
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
I hope they do make it to their second year.

They were my first subscription and I was in love. I agree, the main reason I want them to succeed is bc we get to choose our samples!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The reason I passed them the info to them is because these are companies I would love to see in ANY beauty box subscription service and since Beauty Army was there at IMATS and I know the ladies personally now I gave them the info. I could have easily passed the info to Birchbox or MyGlam as well but I chose to give the info to BA because I still like the ability to choose my own products.
I doubt they'll fold by December and think that they'll actually make it to their 2nd year (January 2013 will be their 1st anniversary).
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
793
Reaction score
8
My choices got a lot better! I really like my choices now, but I'm thinking they might get better tomorrow. Should I wait or go ahead and pick??
 
 
 

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
2,552
Reaction score
12
Such fantastic options that I went ahead and rejoined. Yaaay Beauty Army! The only sample here I've had before (with Sindulge) is the Youngblood primer which I loveloved and used until there was no more left. Needless to say, I was happy to have it as an option. Woohoooo! Oh and that Macadamia treatment oil is one of my top 5 hair products I can't live without. I'm obsessed with how it smells, I don't know why, I just am. lol. I regularly buy that bottle for $13 at Ulta, so getting this Beauty Army box was such a no brainer this month. I hope they keep up this kind of quality.



 
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
81
Darn you, Leilani. I was about to skip but I got that macadamia stuff and now I don't want to skip


 
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
2,552
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Darn you, Leilani. I was about to skip but I got that macadamia stuff and now I don't want to skip
hahaha. I skipped and cancelled last month, went to mess around with options today and got that glorious line up of products. I couldn't say no! The Macadamia stuff alone retails for $1 more than Beauty Army. I know, I'm no help. 


 
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
I've been able to resist for months and months, never actually signing up. The Macadamia oil was was finally pushed me over into subbing. Here's what I chose for my first month with BA:



 
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
81
 I got the same stuff as you except instead of the lip stuff I got the Atzen day cream and instead of the eye candy I got the Delizioso mangowhatsitcalled



Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such fantastic options that I went ahead and rejoined. Yaaay Beauty Army! The only sample here I've had before (with Sindulge) is the Youngblood primer which I loveloved and used until there was no more left. Needless to say, I was happy to have it as an option. Woohoooo! Oh and that Macadamia treatment oil is one of my top 5 hair products I can't live without. I'm obsessed with how it smells, I don't know why, I just am. lol. I regularly buy that bottle for $13 at Ulta, so getting this Beauty Army box was such a no brainer this month. I hope they keep up this kind of quality.

 
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
46
I'm skipping all my subs this month in order to prep for my camping trip in August. It was so hard to skip BA cause the Macadamia was one of the options though!!

 

Latest posts

Top