I'm getting accessories this month. Last month rocked my world. I had planned to get intimates also but skipped at the last minute. Just don't have a lot od $$ to play with this month.I have cancellled all other sub boxes. Wantable s are all I am keeping.  excited!

Edited by 3babydolls

Wantables announced the highlights of the February collections. I am not sure if I am allow to direct link or not. Google "Wantable February 2015"  to read it. A few hints that helped me receive better boxes. Order the intimates as early as possible once the new collection is opened. Also go through the quiz again and put in the stylist comment box what you want or don't want from the collection.

It looks like I will be skipping this month. I didn't see anything that caught my eye.

I can't seem to find the February spoilers :( can you PM me the link? 

Here's the problem I had with Wantable.  I started in just after they went from quarterly to monthly for the makeup boxes.  I was getting high end items, matched perfectly for me, GREAT deals (I'm a fanatic about checking all the stated value of the items I get versus what a box says) and I was getting 4-6 items.  Then... within about 2 boxes (after having them for four great boxes), I got straight junk.  One from a line of someone who was unknown, that HAD to be expired products - the eyeliner had turned to chalk almost.  Between two boxes, I got 4 items from this same guy with the same junk that was falling apart/broken/expired.  The other items I could find online for 75-80% off the stated "price" Wantable gave me.  I never got the upscale items they were advertising, except one lipstick which was a garrish burgundy purple - and my profile, I'm quite fair skinned.  The box went from consistently above $120 to the cost of the box at best, sometimes I could get all the items for under $20 and I got 2-3 items (my note: I have Amazon Prime, so in this situation, I didn't have to pay shipping on some of the items which others may have to which may change the cost individually).  I couldn't even begin to describe the weird nosedive all the sudden.  I wanted to return it but I was told since I was "emailed" the information on the change (I wasn't), when I continued my sub for the month, I accepted the changes...

I was contemplating the accessories box but saw what others were getting and it seems there will be two camps - you'll LOVE it or you'll HATE it.  All of the items for MY taste were kitschy and too clunky/chunky.  I'm a chunky girl with tiny hands and a thick neck.  It would have all been icky on me... then, the same thing started happened to those boxes.  What seemed like "not my style but nice price" went to "cheap junk" you could find at Claire's on clearance.  I watched on their Facebook page and lots of people at the time were finding the pieces (or very similar) at the Dollar Store and complaining the quality went down.  The styles were becoming outdated, seeming castoffs or clearance items.

I watched the items to keep an eye out on if they ever got better, but I watched the Intimates box go through the same cycle.

So, when I say this - you will get two varying camps too.  The ones who were with Wantable at the start, and the ones who came on recently.  Some of us have experience with the company, some a little less.  Here's my own personal theory - you get a couple REALLY great boxes to start now, but then you start falling in line with the clunker stuff and hold out hope for a decent box.

Here is a couple recent reviews.  I've also noticed some of the positive reviews are based on the value Wantable tells you something is worth rather than the actual price found online.

You guys are going down hill! Used to get awesome items now i am barely getting anything! Thinking about cancelling, what i am getting is not even close to worth the money.
I was excited to see my first box as instagram box pics were cute! I put that I disliked mixed metals... you are not supposed to receive anything you dislike...so what did I receive but a mixed metal watch that was rose gold and gold... yuck! Also in the comments I put that I was super petite and didn't want any non adjustable jewelry ... of course what did I receive but a huge non adjustable watch and the watch was huge!!

So, my advice on Wantable is this, if you think it might work, try it BUT research the items online to find the actual cost for your box and don't forget to deduct for items you may not really want but will take because it's there (if you get a high end lipstick, but it's a shade you wouldn't wear and doesn't match the profile, then it's not really a net profit to you).  For jewelry, take a photo and do a Google image search which will bring up that piece or nearly identical pieces on the web.  If you start getting duds, don't hesitate to cancel.

I got my accessories box today, see the spoiler below for pictures

post-105798-0-74212900-1422768469_thumb.jpg                                          I really love the scarf and stud earrings, but the necklace and the other larger earrings are just okay, but not bad enough to return the whole box. Update: Okay I lied, I can't return the necklace, I would have to return everything except the scarf to get a $5 refund and I really like the stud earrings, my sister will love the other larger ones, so I guess I will live with the necklace. I did update my preferences and removed glam, we'll see how that affects my box next month.

Edited by Spazkatt
  • Like 2

I got my accessories box today, see the spoiler below for pictures

attachicon.gifP1000903.JPG                                          I really love the scarf and stud earrings, but the necklace and the other larger earrings are just okay, but not bad enough to return the whole box. Update: Okay I lied, I can't return the necklace, I would have to return everything except the scarf to get a $5 refund and I really like the stud earrings, my sister will love the other larger ones, so I guess I will live with the necklace. I did update my preferences and removed glam, we'll see how that affects my box next month.

They have a section where you can chose classic smaller necklacecs.  I never get big ones. 

• Like 1

Here's the problem I had with Wantable.  I started in just after they went from quarterly to monthly for the makeup boxes.  I was getting high end items, matched perfectly for me, GREAT deals (I'm a fanatic about checking all the stated value of the items I get versus what a box says) and I was getting 4-6 items.  Then... within about 2 boxes (after having them for four great boxes), I got straight junk.  One from a line of someone who was unknown, that HAD to be expired products - the eyeliner had turned to chalk almost.  Between two boxes, I got 4 items from this same guy with the same junk that was falling apart/broken/expired.  The other items I could find online for 75-80% off the stated "price" Wantable gave me.  I never got the upscale items they were advertising, except one lipstick which was a garrish burgundy purple - and my profile, I'm quite fair skinned.  The box went from consistently above $120 to the cost of the box at best, sometimes I could get all the items for under $20 and I got 2-3 items (my note: I have Amazon Prime, so in this situation, I didn't have to pay shipping on some of the items which others may have to which may change the cost individually).  I couldn't even begin to describe the weird nosedive all the sudden.  I wanted to return it but I was told since I was "emailed" the information on the change (I wasn't), when I continued my sub for the month, I accepted the changes...

I was contemplating the accessories box but saw what others were getting and it seems there will be two camps - you'll LOVE it or you'll HATE it.  All of the items for MY taste were kitschy and too clunky/chunky.  I'm a chunky girl with tiny hands and a thick neck.  It would have all been icky on me... then, the same thing started happened to those boxes.  What seemed like "not my style but nice price" went to "cheap junk" you could find at Claire's on clearance.  I watched on their Facebook page and lots of people at the time were finding the pieces (or very similar) at the Dollar Store and complaining the quality went down.  The styles were becoming outdated, seeming castoffs or clearance items.

I watched the items to keep an eye out on if they ever got better, but I watched the Intimates box go through the same cycle.

So, when I say this - you will get two varying camps too.  The ones who were with Wantable at the start, and the ones who came on recently.  Some of us have experience with the company, some a little less.  Here's my own personal theory - you get a couple REALLY great boxes to start now, but then you start falling in line with the clunker stuff and hold out hope for a decent box.

Here is a couple recent reviews.  I've also noticed some of the positive reviews are based on the value Wantable tells you something is worth rather than the actual price found online.

So, my advice on Wantable is this, if you think it might work, try it BUT research the items online to find the actual cost for your box and don't forget to deduct for items you may not really want but will take because it's there (if you get a high end lipstick, but it's a shade you wouldn't wear and doesn't match the profile, then it's not really a net profit to you).  For jewelry, take a photo and do a Google image search which will bring up that piece or nearly identical pieces on the web.  If you start getting duds, don't hesitate to cancel.

You don't get a color lipstick you wouldn't like because you chose the colors.  You can chose exactly what you want in your box.  I get  highlighter bronzer and blush only and in  powder form.   You will never get what you don't pick,

I get the products that are in my profile in the last few makeup boxes. I have not been happy with the brands they have had recently.  They have gone down hill in makeup for me.  I am not going to get more makeup from them until I see them carry a better brand. They are very nice to me when I call them. I have called them somewhat a lot.  They also have sent me extra stuff if something wasn't perfect.  Like the bronzer didn't close right. They sent me  not only a replacement but I whole new box for free telling me to just keep the whole box with the broken cover on the bronzer. That is why I stay with them because of the great customer service I have had.  I have got the accesoris box every month for over a year and love love  love it.  I have my profile set to boho and rocker. and all silver. 

They have a section where you can chose classic smaller necklacecs. I never get big ones.

I went back through my profile and removed glam and statement necklaces. I thought I had disliked statement necklaces already, but I guess not. Hopefully next month will be great all around.
  • Like 2

Wantable Intimates won me over this month. I received:

Daisy Fuentes black lounge pants, tag says $38.00 - can never go wrong with black lounge pants!)
Sophie b. Black and pink lace bra (for sale on Ideel for $17.99)- it's very pretty and comfortable, HUGE win for me!
Real camisole, tag says $28 - I made a note this month that I didn't want a camisole unless it was white or nude. They sent this nude one and I'll definitely wear it. I wear camisoles under almost all of my tops.

post-114380-0-49266800-1423259021_thumb.jpg

Edited because I'm spelling impaired. ;)

Edited by PrettyAndWitty
  • Like 2

Accessories box!!! So freaking good!!! LOVE it all! The scarf is showing up lighter brown in the pic but is a gorgeous taupe.

post-106702-0-26136400-1423333247_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wantable Intimates won me over this month. I received:

Daisy Fuentes black lounge pants, tag says $38.00 - can never go wrong with black lounge pants!)

Sophie b. Black and pink lace bra (for sale on Ideel for $17.99)- it's very pretty and comfortable, HUGE win for me!

Real camisole, tag says $28 - I made a note this month that I didn't want a camisole unless it was white or nude. They sent this nude one and I'll definitely wear it. I wear camisoles under almost all of my tops.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Edited because I'm spelling impaired. ;)

We are box twins - almost!  I got the lounge pants and the cami in black, but got some shape wear shorts instead of a bra.  :)  I LOVE these pants.

• Like 1

My makeup box was a big fail. The only thing I liked was a purple gel eye liner. But I also got a seafoam green eyeshadow, bright pink lipstick, and a duel ended brow pencil highlighter (even though brows were on my dislike list) all three of those things I just won't use. :(

Two days later my accessories box is a big ol' fail.

Marlowe ring $11

Corbin earrings $10

Sage necklace $26

Jade bracelet $22

The total stated value is $69.

I actually do like the bracelet and I prefer stud earrings but the earrings and ring are awkwardly mishapen. The necklace just isn't me. I don't do fringe.

This box is going back.

post-114380-0-54833800-1423540792_thumb.jpg

Edited by PrettyAndWitty

I was going to skip this month and then decided to order and accessories box. I'll post it once it comes, but it will be similiar to my last one.

• Like 1

I jumped in the month for the first time with Wantable-getting the makeup box. Thought I'd try one month for 30% off, but this sub seems very hit or miss!

I received my first Wantable box this month. I was able to use a 50% off coupon (popped up on Facebook). Not too sure about the eye shadow but like everything else.

post-84648-0-11030500-1424214179_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think after the reviews I've seen for this box, this will be my first and last month. I'll reserve judgement for after I get it but the value just doesn't seem to be there for what they charge. I think GB had about a hundred dollar value of awesome stuff this month and it's cheaper.

I used the 30% off deal and got myself an accessories sub. The makeup subscription have never looked very appealing to me, to be honest. I am super excited for my accessories box though!

I think Intimates and Accessories seem to be the best choices for Wantable boxes overall. Although I'm plus sized, so I'm not entirely sure how the Intimates box would work for me...would they just send me socks all the time? LOL

Anyway, idk if anyone has mentioned it here...but they recently changed their return policy- you not only can return the whole box, but now you can return certain items you don't like as well.

I do think that Wantable is a little pricey- but the fact I can return my box, get a credit for keeping my box, or just returning certain items I don't like...on top of all that, I can skip a month if I want to? 

Heck yea! I might be changing my tune once I get my box, but I'm actually really excited about getting my first one!

• Like 1

The new return policy seems a bit weird.  I guess you pay $4 more for your first box, then  you have a rolling credit that you keep if you don't return anything at all.  So, there is a penalty cost for returns that you pay upfront and never really recoup.  I am also a little confused by whether current subscribers will have to pay more for their next box to get the credit rolling.

Overall not really a big deal, it's $4.  I am just a little baffled by it :)

I got my first box in at the 30% off, so we shall see how it goes. I will say I wasn't impressed with it. I got leggings, a cami, and Mut Luks. I will wear the Muk Luks, and the leggings, but the cami is not my style per say (who knows on laundry day). I am willing to stick around for another month because I do love loungewear. 

Well this was my first and last month with this sub. My box was a fugly sea foam green shadow, BROWN mascara, a cheap shadow brush and the only thing I like-a berry lipstick but not much staying power with it. Ugh it's all going back. Never heard of a single brand in here either.

Now that I've tried the Makeup box, I may try the accessories. I was okay with 3 of the 4 items but don't think I would have been happy if I had paid full price for the box. 

I got my first Wantable Accessories box today and I seriously LOVE it. I used the 30% off coupon so it was an even better deal.

post-105935-0-03885200-1424377525_thumb.jpg

I only have boho listed for my style, because it's really the only kind of stuff I wear. The scarf is a circle scarf with tassels...which is something I've never seen before but it's really cute! The sunglasses are blue and really flattering on me! I love the earings too! The necklace I was unsure about at first, but I loved it after I put it on. :)

SUPER happy with my first box- I canceled my boxycharm so I feel less guilty about getting this each month. Plus I love that I can skip if I'm short on cash haha :)

• Like 3