Wantable?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my accessory box today. I have no clue where I placed the paper describing everything. I'll post about if I find it. This time I did my usual box of Glam and Classic styles with my loves being scarves, hair accessories and watches. They do post what is new each month so I knew that by selecting hair accessories I will receive a hat. This is at the end of Jan's cycle.

IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG

The red and white scarf is an inifinity scarf. The other scarf is a regular scarf. I like the items especially the red and white patterned infinity scarf.
Omg! I love you box!

I got a fish scale looking necklace, a watch, tiny boring earrings and another long necklace. Kinda meh! I would have loved that hat and scarves!

I had ordered a Wantable Intimates box back when they launched the line, and this thread reminded me of how much I loved it (I still regularly use 3 of the 4 items I had gotten, and I think it was over a year ago?)  They sent me on of those discount come back offers and wow am I surprised at the drop in value and quality from the first box.  I didn't get the cozy slipper socks, just a really basic pair in that cheap feeling fuzzy material.  I also got a really cute sleep set, but it's just shorts and a cami - I am in Michigan so I have many months to wait to really wear it without going full Popsicle :)   The PJ set has $42 on the tag.  The socks don't even have a tag on them, I would guess no more than $8.  So the entire box is worth about what one tank top was is the first box. 

wantable 15.1.23.JPG

I'm kind of torn about holding out and seeing what February brings.  On the one hand I would hate paying full price for another box like this, but on the other I see all kinds of cute pics of recent boxes full of cute and cozy stuff on instagram and on blogs, and I could get lucky...  As a side note, I do think it's odd as well to call a pj set that isn't sold separately two items.  It's a little like calling a pair of socks two items in that it lacks variety.  Maybe if they do a set they could add two lower cost things instead of just one.

Wantables announced the highlights of the February collections. I am not sure if I am allow to direct link or not. Google "Wantable February 2015"  to read it. A few hints that helped me receive better boxes. Order the intimates as early as possible once the new collection is opened. Also go through the quiz again and put in the stylist comment box what you want or don't want from the collection.

It looks like I will be skipping this month. I didn't see anything that caught my eye.

Wantables announced the highlights of the February collections. I am not sure if I am allow to direct link or not. Google "Wantable February 2015"  to read it. A few hints that helped me receive better boxes. Order the intimates as early as possible once the new collection is opened. Also go through the quiz again and put in the stylist comment box what you want or don't want from the collection.

It looks like I will be skipping this month. I didn't see anything that caught my eye.
Ordering earlier in the selection window is a great suggestion, thanks!  It looks like I came in at the tail end of the January collection.  Maybe I will give February a gamble and just ask them if they can bump up my billing/shipping date.

@@Yeti You can ask them or if you want you can redo the quiz and at the end it will ask you if you want to buy the box. Your account will reflect that purchase and bump your billing date to the following month. For example if you redid the quiz on 1/25and your billing date is 2/15, it will change your next billing date to 3/15. Double-check to make sure I am right because that is how it has worked for me. The billing date doesn't change if you buy 2 boxes in the same billing cycle.

They will change it if you ask which is easier if that works for you.

I got my January intimates box today and I am IN LOVE! I got a pair of black Daisy Fuentes lounge pants, they are super soft and I love, love, love that they have pockets.Next I got the Crystal Hefner pom pom socks and in gray with grips on the bottom and they are adorable! (I got the Mukluck slipper socks last month and wasn't sure how those could be topped, but these socks do).  Finally I got a pajama drama racer-back cami and it's super comfy, the only part I don't like too much is that it was in the color cream. I put on my quiz that I love colors, but I got kind of all neutral items, but who can go wrong with black or gray. The only color worse than white is cream, but it will be fine for layering (it's certainly not a deal breaker). 

I have decided that I am going to drop Ipsy after April (it will be 2 years for me and the excitement is dying out, even the bags are getting boring for me) and I am strongly considering doing the Wantable makeup box instead, mostly because I can actually opt out of products that I don't want and that is worth the extra cost in my mind. I desperately want tools and blush and don't need another eyeliner,mascara, or red lipstick ever again!

So, I LOVE Wantable and have been happy so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Yeti You can ask them or if you want you can redo the quiz and at the end it will ask you if you want to buy the box. Your account will reflect that purchase and bump your billing date to the following month. For example if you redid the quiz on 1/25and your billing date is 2/15, it will change your next billing date to 3/15. Double-check to make sure I am right because that is how it has worked for me. The billing date doesn't change if you buy 2 boxes in the same billing cycle.

They will change it if you ask which is easier if that works for you.
You are awesome, that worked perfectly!  Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I tweaked the quiz as well,so maybe that will help.

I am also returning the box I received - it's a really nice sleep set but I just wouldn't get much use out of it.  I am not big on returning things, and I am completely shocked at how easy and pain free they make it.  I am really happy with that feature.

I got my January intimates box today and I am IN LOVE! I got a pair of black Daisy Fuentes lounge pants, they are super soft and I love, love, love that they have pockets.Next I got the Crystal Hefner pom pom socks and in gray with grips on the bottom and they are adorable! (I got the Mukluck slipper socks last month and wasn't sure how those could be topped, but these socks do).  Finally I got a pajama drama racer-back cami and it's super comfy, the only part I don't like too much is that it was in the color cream. I put on my quiz that I love colors, but I got kind of all neutral items, but who can go wrong with black or gray. The only color worse than white is cream, but it will be fine for layering (it's certainly not a deal breaker). 

I have decided that I am going to drop Ipsy after April (it will be 2 years for me and the excitement is dying out, even the bags are getting boring for me) and I am strongly considering doing the Wantable makeup box instead, mostly because I can actually opt out of products that I don't want and that is worth the extra cost in my mind. I desperately want tools and blush and don't need another eyeliner,mascara, or red lipstick ever again!

So, I LOVE Wantable and have been happy so far.
Those lounge pants sound really nice!  I also just dropped Ipsy after a 2+ year run.  Not for a lack of love, just waning excitement like you said.  They actually send so much in such nice sizes of similar products I was having trouble getting to everything.  A sub that lets you opt out of yet another red lipstick is a really great concept, if you go for it let me know what you think of it vs Ipsy.

My February box is already here and I got a romper covered in cats and unicorns.  It is seriously  insanely awesome :D   So glad I tried again!

wantable february 2015.jpg

I received my accessory box today. I have no clue where I placed the paper describing everything. I'll post about if I find it. This time I did my usual box of Glam and Classic styles with my loves being scarves, hair accessories and watches. They do post what is new each month so I knew that by selecting hair accessories I will receive a hat. This is at the end of Jan's cycle.

IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG

The red and white scarf is an inifinity scarf. The other scarf is a regular scarf. I like the items especially the red and white patterned infinity scarf.
I love that hat! cute!

thanks!!!!

I'm getting accessories this month. Last month rocked my world. I had planned to get intimates also but skipped at the last minute. Just don't have a lot od $$ to play with this month.I have cancellled all other sub boxes. Wantable s are all I am keeping.  excited!

I can't seem to find the February spoilers :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can you PM me the link? 

Here's the problem I had with Wantable.  I started in just after they went from quarterly to monthly for the makeup boxes.  I was getting high end items, matched perfectly for me, GREAT deals (I'm a fanatic about checking all the stated value of the items I get versus what a box says) and I was getting 4-6 items.  Then... within about 2 boxes (after having them for four great boxes), I got straight junk.  One from a line of someone who was unknown, that HAD to be expired products - the eyeliner had turned to chalk almost.  Between two boxes, I got 4 items from this same guy with the same junk that was falling apart/broken/expired.  The other items I could find online for 75-80% off the stated "price" Wantable gave me.  I never got the upscale items they were advertising, except one lipstick which was a garrish burgundy purple - and my profile, I'm quite fair skinned.  The box went from consistently above $120 to the cost of the box at best, sometimes I could get all the items for under $20 and I got 2-3 items (my note: I have Amazon Prime, so in this situation, I didn't have to pay shipping on some of the items which others may have to which may change the cost individually).  I couldn't even begin to describe the weird nosedive all the sudden.  I wanted to return it but I was told since I was "emailed" the information on the change (I wasn't), when I continued my sub for the month, I accepted the changes...

I was contemplating the accessories box but saw what others were getting and it seems there will be two camps - you'll LOVE it or you'll HATE it.  All of the items for MY taste were kitschy and too clunky/chunky.  I'm a chunky girl with tiny hands and a thick neck.  It would have all been icky on me... then, the same thing started happened to those boxes.  What seemed like "not my style but nice price" went to "cheap junk" you could find at Claire's on clearance.  I watched on their Facebook page and lots of people at the time were finding the pieces (or very similar) at the Dollar Store and complaining the quality went down.  The styles were becoming outdated, seeming castoffs or clearance items.

I watched the items to keep an eye out on if they ever got better, but I watched the Intimates box go through the same cycle.

So, when I say this - you will get two varying camps too.  The ones who were with Wantable at the start, and the ones who came on recently.  Some of us have experience with the company, some a little less.  Here's my own personal theory - you get a couple REALLY great boxes to start now, but then you start falling in line with the clunker stuff and hold out hope for a decent box.

Here is a couple recent reviews.  I've also noticed some of the positive reviews are based on the value Wantable tells you something is worth rather than the actual price found online.

You guys are going down hill! Used to get awesome items now i am barely getting anything! Thinking about cancelling, what i am getting is not even close to worth the money.
I was excited to see my first box as instagram box pics were cute! I put that I disliked mixed metals... you are not supposed to receive anything you dislike...so what did I receive but a mixed metal watch that was rose gold and gold... yuck! Also in the comments I put that I was super petite and didn't want any non adjustable jewelry ... of course what did I receive but a huge non adjustable watch and the watch was huge!!

So, my advice on Wantable is this, if you think it might work, try it BUT research the items online to find the actual cost for your box and don't forget to deduct for items you may not really want but will take because it's there (if you get a high end lipstick, but it's a shade you wouldn't wear and doesn't match the profile, then it's not really a net profit to you).  For jewelry, take a photo and do a Google image search which will bring up that piece or nearly identical pieces on the web.  If you start getting duds, don't hesitate to cancel.

I got my accessories box today, see the spoiler below for pictures

P1000903.JPG                                          I really love the scarf and stud earrings, but the necklace and the other larger earrings are just okay, but not bad enough to return the whole box. Update: Okay I lied, I can't return the necklace, I would have to return everything except the scarf to get a $5 refund and I really like the stud earrings, my sister will love the other larger ones, so I guess I will live with the necklace. I did update my preferences and removed glam, we'll see how that affects my box next month.

I got my accessories box today, see the spoiler below for pictures

P1000903.JPG                                          I really love the scarf and stud earrings, but the necklace and the other larger earrings are just okay, but not bad enough to return the whole box. Update: Okay I lied, I can't return the necklace, I would have to return everything except the scarf to get a $5 refund and I really like the stud earrings, my sister will love the other larger ones, so I guess I will live with the necklace. I did update my preferences and removed glam, we'll see how that affects my box next month.
 They have a section where you can chose classic smaller necklacecs.  I never get big ones. 

Here's the problem I had with Wantable.  I started in just after they went from quarterly to monthly for the makeup boxes.  I was getting high end items, matched perfectly for me, GREAT deals (I'm a fanatic about checking all the stated value of the items I get versus what a box says) and I was getting 4-6 items.  Then... within about 2 boxes (after having them for four great boxes), I got straight junk.  One from a line of someone who was unknown, that HAD to be expired products - the eyeliner had turned to chalk almost.  Between two boxes, I got 4 items from this same guy with the same junk that was falling apart/broken/expired.  The other items I could find online for 75-80% off the stated "price" Wantable gave me.  I never got the upscale items they were advertising, except one lipstick which was a garrish burgundy purple - and my profile, I'm quite fair skinned.  The box went from consistently above $120 to the cost of the box at best, sometimes I could get all the items for under $20 and I got 2-3 items (my note: I have Amazon Prime, so in this situation, I didn't have to pay shipping on some of the items which others may have to which may change the cost individually).  I couldn't even begin to describe the weird nosedive all the sudden.  I wanted to return it but I was told since I was "emailed" the information on the change (I wasn't), when I continued my sub for the month, I accepted the changes...

I was contemplating the accessories box but saw what others were getting and it seems there will be two camps - you'll LOVE it or you'll HATE it.  All of the items for MY taste were kitschy and too clunky/chunky.  I'm a chunky girl with tiny hands and a thick neck.  It would have all been icky on me... then, the same thing started happened to those boxes.  What seemed like "not my style but nice price" went to "cheap junk" you could find at Claire's on clearance.  I watched on their Facebook page and lots of people at the time were finding the pieces (or very similar) at the Dollar Store and complaining the quality went down.  The styles were becoming outdated, seeming castoffs or clearance items.

I watched the items to keep an eye out on if they ever got better, but I watched the Intimates box go through the same cycle.

So, when I say this - you will get two varying camps too.  The ones who were with Wantable at the start, and the ones who came on recently.  Some of us have experience with the company, some a little less.  Here's my own personal theory - you get a couple REALLY great boxes to start now, but then you start falling in line with the clunker stuff and hold out hope for a decent box.

Here is a couple recent reviews.  I've also noticed some of the positive reviews are based on the value Wantable tells you something is worth rather than the actual price found online.

So, my advice on Wantable is this, if you think it might work, try it BUT research the items online to find the actual cost for your box and don't forget to deduct for items you may not really want but will take because it's there (if you get a high end lipstick, but it's a shade you wouldn't wear and doesn't match the profile, then it's not really a net profit to you).  For jewelry, take a photo and do a Google image search which will bring up that piece or nearly identical pieces on the web.  If you start getting duds, don't hesitate to cancel.
 You don't get a color lipstick you wouldn't like because you chose the colors.  You can chose exactly what you want in your box.  I get  highlighter bronzer and blush only and in  powder form.   You will never get what you don't pick,

I get the products that are in my profile in the last few makeup boxes. I have not been happy with the brands they have had recently.  They have gone down hill in makeup for me.  I am not going to get more makeup from them until I see them carry a better brand. They are very nice to me when I call them. I have called them somewhat a lot.  They also have sent me extra stuff if something wasn't perfect.  Like the bronzer didn't close right. They sent me  not only a replacement but I whole new box for free telling me to just keep the whole box with the broken cover on the bronzer. That is why I stay with them because of the great customer service I have had.  I have got the accesoris box every month for over a year and love love  love it.  I have my profile set to boho and rocker. and all silver. 

Back