Wantable?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wantable Intimates won me over this month. I received:

Daisy Fuentes black lounge pants, tag says $38.00 - can never go wrong with black lounge pants!)
Sophie b. Black and pink lace bra (for sale on Ideel for $17.99)- it's very pretty and comfortable, HUGE win for me!
Real camisole, tag says $28 - I made a note this month that I didn't want a camisole unless it was white or nude. They sent this nude one and I'll definitely wear it. I wear camisoles under almost all of my tops.

image.jpg

Edited because I'm spelling impaired. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wantable Intimates won me over this month. I received:

Daisy Fuentes black lounge pants, tag says $38.00 - can never go wrong with black lounge pants!)

Sophie b. Black and pink lace bra (for sale on Ideel for $17.99)- it's very pretty and comfortable, HUGE win for me!

Real camisole, tag says $28 - I made a note this month that I didn't want a camisole unless it was white or nude. They sent this nude one and I'll definitely wear it. I wear camisoles under almost all of my tops.

image.jpg

Edited because I'm spelling impaired. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
We are box twins - almost!  I got the lounge pants and the cami in black, but got some shape wear shorts instead of a bra.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I LOVE these pants.

My makeup box was a big fail. The only thing I liked was a purple gel eye liner. But I also got a seafoam green eyeshadow, bright pink lipstick, and a duel ended brow pencil highlighter (even though brows were on my dislike list) all three of those things I just won't use. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Two days later my accessories box is a big ol' fail.

Marlowe ring $11

Corbin earrings $10

Sage necklace $26

Jade bracelet $22

The total stated value is $69.

I actually do like the bracelet and I prefer stud earrings but the earrings and ring are awkwardly mishapen. The necklace just isn't me. I don't do fringe.

This box is going back.

image.jpg

I was going to skip this month and then decided to order and accessories box. I'll post it once it comes, but it will be similiar to my last one.

I jumped in the month for the first time with Wantable-getting the makeup box. Thought I'd try one month for 30% off, but this sub seems very hit or miss!

I received my first Wantable box this month. I was able to use a 50% off coupon (popped up on Facebook). Not too sure about the eye shadow but like everything else.

WANTABLE.jpg

I think after the reviews I've seen for this box, this will be my first and last month. I'll reserve judgement for after I get it but the value just doesn't seem to be there for what they charge. I think GB had about a hundred dollar value of awesome stuff this month and it's cheaper.

I used the 30% off deal and got myself an accessories sub. The makeup subscription have never looked very appealing to me, to be honest. I am super excited for my accessories box though!

I think Intimates and Accessories seem to be the best choices for Wantable boxes overall. Although I'm plus sized, so I'm not entirely sure how the Intimates box would work for me...would they just send me socks all the time? LOL

Anyway, idk if anyone has mentioned it here...but they recently changed their return policy- you not only can return the whole box, but now you can return certain items you don't like as well.

I do think that Wantable is a little pricey- but the fact I can return my box, get a credit for keeping my box, or just returning certain items I don't like...on top of all that, I can skip a month if I want to? 

Heck yea! I might be changing my tune once I get my box, but I'm actually really excited about getting my first one!

The new return policy seems a bit weird.  I guess you pay $4 more for your first box, then  you have a rolling credit that you keep if you don't return anything at all.  So, there is a penalty cost for returns that you pay upfront and never really recoup.  I am also a little confused by whether current subscribers will have to pay more for their next box to get the credit rolling.

Overall not really a big deal, it's $4.  I am just a little baffled by it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my first box in at the 30% off, so we shall see how it goes. I will say I wasn't impressed with it. I got leggings, a cami, and Mut Luks. I will wear the Muk Luks, and the leggings, but the cami is not my style per say (who knows on laundry day). I am willing to stick around for another month because I do love loungewear. 

Well this was my first and last month with this sub. My box was a fugly sea foam green shadow, BROWN mascara, a cheap shadow brush and the only thing I like-a berry lipstick but not much staying power with it. Ugh it's all going back. Never heard of a single brand in here either.

Now that I've tried the Makeup box, I may try the accessories. I was okay with 3 of the 4 items but don't think I would have been happy if I had paid full price for the box. 

I got my first Wantable Accessories box today and I seriously LOVE it. I used the 30% off coupon so it was an even better deal.

IMG_0459.JPG

I only have boho listed for my style, because it's really the only kind of stuff I wear. The scarf is a circle scarf with tassels...which is something I've never seen before but it's really cute! The sunglasses are blue and really flattering on me! I love the earings too! The necklace I was unsure about at first, but I loved it after I put it on. :)

SUPER happy with my first box- I canceled my boxycharm so I feel less guilty about getting this each month. Plus I love that I can skip if I'm short on cash haha :)

I'm in a pickle with my pending shipment of my Intimates box, it appears. I got an email today that said " We charged you but we are having difficulty selecting items for you". The person who sent the email is a trainee, by title.

I have NO idea why Wantables is shrugging its shoulders at me, as I have checked everything but hosiery, shapewear, and strapless bras ( they call them bandeau bras). Oh, and no thongs. 

I think my selection styles, colors, everything is quite liberal.

I'm wondering if they are having an inventory problem?? It really must be serious for them to offer to refund my money. NO sub has ever just given up. 
For the first time in my mature stage of life, I'm questioning my body size and shape. It is AWFUL to feel that I might not measure up!!! I have had anorexia and this brings all those feelings right back to the surface.

( I cried after I read the email, actually). 

I'm in a pickle with my pending shipment of my Intimates box, it appears. I got an email today that said " We charged you but we are having difficulty selecting items for you". The person who sent the email is a trainee, by title.

I have NO idea why Wantables is shrugging its shoulders at me, as I have checked everything but hosiery, shapewear, and strapless bras ( they call them bandeau bras). Oh, and no thongs. 

I think my selection styles, colors, everything is quite liberal.

I'm wondering if they are having an inventory problem?? It really must be serious for them to offer to refund my money. NO sub has ever just given up. 

For the first time in my mature stage of life, I'm questioning my body size and shape. It is AWFUL to feel that I might not measure up!!! I have had anorexia and this brings all those feelings right back to the surface.

( I cried after I read the email, actually). 
I don't think it has anything to do with your size, no worries! <3 I just got my wantable intimates box today and Got a 2x cotton chemise that is a little big on me and I'm about 210 pounds! 

I left my box options open for ANYTHING except for hosiery and shapewear, and yet the other two items I got were a TINY bandeau bra (it was 2x, but the fabric is flimsy and my DD ladies fall right out the bottom of it) and a size large pajama pant...which don't come remotely close to fitting me. They were tight on my size S-M sister.

I LOVED my accessories box, but it seems like they kind of failed me on my first intimates box. I did return the bra and the pajama pants and I'm going to give them a call to complain about the large pants...they could have easily sent me socks or a pair of undies instead and I would have been very pleased. Not happy with the curation at all. 

That being said, I was OBSESSED with my accessories box, and I really think from what I've seen and from my personal experience, the Accessories box is the way to go in terms of value and personal curation.

I don't think it has anything to do with your size, no worries! <3 I just got my wantable intimates box today and Got a 2x cotton chemise that is a little big on me and I'm about 210 pounds! 

I left my box options open for ANYTHING except for hosiery and shapewear, and yet the other two items I got were a TINY bandeau bra (it was 2x, but the fabric is flimsy and my DD ladies fall right out the bottom of it) and a size large pajama pant...which don't come remotely close to fitting me. They were tight on my size S-M sister.

I LOVED my accessories box, but it seems like they kind of failed me on my first intimates box. I did return the bra and the pajama pants and I'm going to give them a call to complain about the large pants...they could have easily sent me socks or a pair of undies instead and I would have been very pleased. Not happy with the curation at all. 

That being said, I was OBSESSED with my accessories box, and I really think from what I've seen and from my personal experience, the Accessories box is the way to go in terms of value and personal curation.
Thanks, Rachel. I'm so sorry that you had problems with your Intimates box, too.

I think, then, that they are having inventory shortages... it is the only thing I can think of.

I don't work outside my home, and I have a TON of unworn accessories from LBB, never touched. Scarves of all types and even some designer brands bought for pennies on the dollar, many many hats, drawers and drawers full of jewelry, and- a closet full of handbags on the many shelves and underneath, stacks and stacks of shoe boxes and boot boxes full of new shoes and boots. It was an obsession- what else can I say?

But to buy more would be extremely wasteful for me, personally.

We live a very low key lifestyle ( hubby's choice more than mine), so unless we are traveling, I'm one of those people who would LOVE loungewear sets ( that fit!!) but not so much earrings and scarves and the like. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Isn't it great that we aren't all after the same thing, though? I celebrate our diverse lifestyles and preference  and also your fantastic weight loss. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know it's a struggle- I read your blog this AM.. I think you are so brave and that the unpleasant " stuff" will subside in time. Hugs!! 

Thanks, Rachel. I'm so sorry that you had problems with your Intimates box, too.

I think, then, that they are having inventory shortages... it is the only thing I can think of.

I don't work outside my home, and I have a TON of unworn accessories from LBB, never touched. Scarves of all types and even some designer brands bought for pennies on the dollar, many many hats, drawers and drawers full of jewelry, and- a closet full of handbags on the many shelves and underneath, stacks and stacks of shoe boxes and boot boxes full of new shoes and boots. It was an obsession- what else can I say?

But to buy more would be extremely wasteful for me, personally.

We live a very low key lifestyle ( hubby's choice more than mine), so unless we are traveling, I'm one of those people who would LOVE loungewear sets ( that fit!!) but not so much earrings and scarves and the like. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Isn't it great that we aren't all after the same thing, though? I celebrate our diverse lifestyles and preference  and also your fantastic weight loss. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know it's a struggle- I read your blog this AM.. I think you are so brave and that the unpleasant " stuff" will subside in time. Hugs!! 
Thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm down almost 90 pounds now haha. Got a long way to go still, but so happy I've come this far!

And I TOTALLY understand the LBB obsession LOL...when they were doing their going out of business sales I cannot tell you how many purses and scarves and pieces of jewelry I ended up with! Although I'm the type of person who cleans out all of my stuff every few years and donates it or gives it to friends and family because I absolutely love "new" products. I have to keep refreshing my wardrobe/jewlery etc every couple of years because wearing new things makes me super happy. On my tiny budget, Wantable works for me in that way, although I can totally understand being overloaded with accessories...Pretty sure at one point I had over 50 bracelets alone from LBB haha ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry to hear about the Wantable problems ladies and how it made you feel @@GirlyGirlie :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> . Please don't let that affect you. It's their problem not yours. Everyone is beautiful in their own way and we all come in different shapes and sizes for a reason. We can't all be the same.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  I used to be heavy when I was a child and couldn't wear cute clothes like my friends did. Other kids made fun of me. It's taken me my whole adult life to change that plus I've had to struggle with my medical condition. Congrats @@MissJexie on your weight loss!

Back