Wantable?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like my intimate box is arriving tomorrow. I'm unsure if I should post the contents as a spoiler. I didn't for thec ontents of the accessories box and thought about it which is why I posted the pictures as spoilers.

Should I post the contents and pictures as spoilers? I am unsure because the boxes are customizable.

It seems that they are doing changes to the intimates collection. This is the first box I received that reflects those changes and I don't like it. In the past I received one more item in the 20-30 range and often my box value would hit over $100.00. Not this time. I thought about returning the box, but decided to keep it because I do like my sock item and the PJ set will be useful when traveling with the family.

Here are my preferences: My loves are loungewear and lingerie. My likes are leggings and socks. Within the different categories are questions that allow for the customization such as playful, polish, sexy or basic for loungewear and lingerie. Another example is that for socks you can pick ankle, knee, or over the knee. I requested MukLuk Slipper Socks.

I received:

1. Sutton Notch PJ Pink Set which is a button front top, long sleeves, and draw string pants. It is black polka dots on a pink background. I never received anything like this before. I usually receive chemises or nicer PJ sets. I don't like it that much, but my husband pointed out that it will be great while we are traveling in a few weeks with the family. Retail: $28.00

2. MukLuk Slipper Socks - I love them. They are comfy and cozy. Retail $24.00

It is hard to go from receiving a cute PJ set, a maxi loungewear dress,and boottights to this. I'm not sure how I feel about the changes.

Pictures: Please ignore the stickers on my table. My younger son thought it was a good idea when he was little.

IMG_0169.JPGIMG_0170.JPGIMG_0171.JPGIMG_0173.JPG

I found my other necklace. I noticed that there are hyperlinks in my post that I did not place.

Amanda Necklace Gold. It is on a long gold chain with a tear drop shaped open stone outlined in a gold-tone. I wasn't sure if I would like this until I wore it with a cardigan. The stone is pink which looked nice against the pink and purple cardigan and purple tank top. The purple showed through the stone.

IMG_0174.JPG

It seems that they are doing changes to the intimates collection. This is the first box I received that reflects those changes and I don't like it. In the past I received one more item in the 20-30 range and often my box value would hit over $100.00. Not this time. I thought about returning the box, but decided to keep it because I do like my sock item and the PJ set will be useful when traveling with the family.

Here are my preferences: My loves are loungewear and lingerie. My likes are leggings and socks. Within the different categories are questions that allow for the customization such as playful, polish, sexy or basic for loungewear and lingerie. Another example is that for socks you can pick ankle, knee, or over the knee. I requested MukLuk Slipper Socks.

I received:

1. Sutton Notch PJ Pink Set which is a button front top, long sleeves, and draw string pants. It is black polka dots on a pink background. I never received anything like this before. I usually receive chemises or nicer PJ sets. I don't like it that much, but my husband pointed out that it will be great while we are traveling in a few weeks with the family. Retail: $28.00

It is hard to go from receiving a cute PJ set, a maxi loungewear dress,and boottights to this. I'm not sure how I feel about the changes.

Pictures: Please ignore the stickers on my table. My younger son thought it was a good idea when he was little.

Wow, that's all you got? I guess I would think of the PJ set as one item, so it's like you only got two things. That makes me reluctant to do the intimates box again. I'd rather just pick out a pair of PJs on my own for that price!

Wantable is just one box subscription I don't recommend at all. My friend had the accessories box and she said every piece was damaged. Because I wanted to check it out myself, I signed up for an intimates box.

My first box had very basic socks I could've gotten for $5 at any store, and a pair of underwear that bled so much dye. I've had the pair for a long time and it still drips dye like crazy. I did get a very basic old-navy-ish camisole and another pair of underwear but nothing that wowed me at all.

My second box was when they changed the subscription to where it's 3-4 items (before it was 4-5 items). I got another basic (and ugly) cami, a pair of lounge pants that were too big (they were 3x, that size isn't even listed on the site so idk how it ended up in my box) and transparent panty-hoes... $39 for 3 bad items wasn't worth it. I could buy the same things at Ross for less than $10.

I don't think I'll ever try them again tbh.

I have got at least 10 accessories boxes. Nothing I ever got was damaged. I didn't like one or 2 things but that was because I changed my profile once. I  emailed them that I did not like one piece but liked the other 3 . They answered really fast and sent me something else telling me to keep the piece I didn't  like. I just get silver jewelry in my sub,   I have just rocker and boho checked off. I guess some things aren't for everyone. For the intimates I just have loungewear and socks checked off.  I usually get 3  items and a pair of socks. I only returned one box . They sent me a bunch of camis when I called them they said they ran out of my size. which was stupid they should have sent nothing. Since they don't carry much in large they told me  I don't get the intimates often.

Last edited by a moderator:
For this month's intimates I got a very beautiful black slip, a pair of cozy lounge pants and some MukLuk slipper socks (I requested the lounge pants and the socks).  I usually only request loungewear and tanks/camis but since their quiz changed and removed the tanks/camis, I just switch around the other options.  I've always received 3-4 items in my boxes - before and after the change.  The only things I don't enjoy getting from them is panties (my butt is too big for any of their sizes!) and lingerie. 

Wow, that's all you got? I guess I would think of the PJ set as one item, so it's like you only got two things. That makes me reluctant to do the intimates box again. I'd rather just pick out a pair of PJs on my own for that price!
I think Wantables is now counting PJ sets as 2 items. It's a little confusing to me. I think the changes occur in the December boxes. My December box was the usual assortment. Now the Jan box is a different story.

I  wore  my MukLuk Fleeced lined leggings (they call them sockless tights) under my pants  yesterday because I was out in the cold for a bit. It was 1 degree with the windchill making it -15. My legs stayed warm the whole time. I'm impressed.

ETA Spelling mistakes. Is there spellcheck?

I got the sutton PJ's in black and the muk luk slippers (in red and white) which I'm wearing right now! I was super pleased that my pj's fit so well. I am a super shortie so that is usually an issue for me. These were perfect! I really loved this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I found my other necklace. I noticed that there are hyperlinks in my post that I did not place.

Amanda Necklace Gold. It is on a long gold chain with a tear drop shaped open stone outlined in a gold-tone. I wasn't sure if I would like this until I wore it with a cardigan. The stone is pink which looked nice against the pink and purple cardigan and purple tank top. The purple showed through the stone.

wow THAT is beautiful!!!  

I received the same items, in different colours. I love them both, but it does seem that the value is not as high as it has been in the past. Especially if you are a Candian customer and factor in the exchange, taxes, delivery, etc. cost.

I just got my Accessories box. Included a cute beige knit beanie with a flower on it, a pair of black sunglasses with green arms (or whatever you call the part that goes over your ears!), a pretty silver statement necklace with some opal-style stones, and a long gold necklace with a big medalliion with Aztec-style cutouts. I loved the first three but am swapping the necklace because it feels a bit like I'm wearing an Olympic Gold Medal!

I think it was a great value for $36 for sure.

I'll receive my Makeup box later this month, but based on what people have said here, I'm gonna skip the Intimates box for now...

I still have not purchased a Wantable box yet, been tempted sooo many times, but with shipping to Canada, we almost lose the value.. Nice to see what you ladies received :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got an email for 30% off any of their subscriptions. It seems to be a direct link from the email as no promo code is given.

I have a credit so decided to buy a second Jan accessory box. This will be my normal style. I will post pictures once it arrives.

I got a promo for the makeup and got December's box. The items were all high value and things I will use. Even with the high value, I have a hard time spending that on a sub box that is a who knows every month. I didn't continue for January but might consider it in the future.

I follow the spoilers on MSA for the intimates and accessories and neither are for me. The style of jewelry that is popular now, gold with the big, bold colors, all remind me of things Dorothy or Blanche would have worn on Golden Girls and I don't care enough about sleepware to spend that on them every month.

You don't have to get the big gold pieces the girl on MSA gets you can chose what you want. I get only silver jewelry and chose the smaller not bold size.   I have been thrilled with everything I have got.  I don't like anything that Liz gets on MSA and would never chose what she does.  You can really personalize what you like with them. I like to also get rock and boho style.

I received my accessory box today. I have no clue where I placed the paper describing everything. I'll post about if I find it. This time I did my usual box of Glam and Classic styles with my loves being scarves, hair accessories and watches. They do post what is new each month so I knew that by selecting hair accessories I will receive a hat. This is at the end of Jan's cycle.

IMG_0191.JPGIMG_0190.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0193.JPGIMG_0194.JPGIMG_0195.JPG

The red and white scarf is an inifinity scarf. The other scarf is a regular scarf. I like the items especially the red and white patterned infinity scarf.

Back