2012..End of the world? What do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not going to happen. Everything will be fine.

The earth has to showing signs of it now of anything.

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif ......Apparently other cultures have such prophecies as well, such as the Hindus and the Chinese (not sure about the details, but it has something to do with the I Ching prophecies).... What you are reffering to is called "Time wave zero" or 'novelty theory' and you are right it has to do with the i ching. I believe that Greg Braden incorrectly calls it "Zero point energy" (I have also heard 'God energy' because it is the quantam physical energy of the vacum.....i.e. it is there when nothing is there)
here is a qoute from wikipedia:

Quote:
Timewave zero and the I Ching

"Timewave zero" is a pseudoscientific numerological formula that purports to calculate the ebb and flow of "novelty", defined as increase in the universe's interconnectedness, or organised complexity,[35] over time. According to Terence McKenna, who conceived the idea over several years in the early-mid 1970s, the universe has a teleological attractor at the end of time that increases interconnectedness, eventually reaching a singularity of infinite complexity on December 21, 2012, at which point anything and everything imaginable will occur instantaneously.[35]

McKenna expressed "novelty" in a computer program, which purportedly produces a waveform known as timewave zero or the timewave. Based on McKenna's interpretation of the King Wen sequence of the I Ching,[36] the graph appears to show great periods of novelty corresponding with major shifts in humanity's biological and cultural evolution. He believed the events of any given time are recursively related to the events of other times, and chose the atomic bombing of Hiroshima as the basis for calculating his end date of November 2012. When he discovered this date's proximity to the end of the 13th baktun, he adjusted it so that the two dates matched.[37]

The first edition of Invisible Landscapes refers to 2012 (as the year, not a specific day) only twice. McKenna originally considered it an incidental observation that the two dates matched, a sign of the end date "being programmed into our unconscious". It was only after he met Jose Argüelles in 1985 that he became convinced that December 21, 2012 had significant meaning and peppered this specific date throughout the second, 1993 edition of the same book.[22]

His theory (Terence Mckenna) is pretty interesting, and seems pretty sound if you listen to people like Richard C hogland (he has a good movie on video.google called "The hyper dimensional election of Barack Obama" that you can parallel) or David Wilcock (he also has a few ideas that parallel both Richard C and Terence Mckenna) if you are interested in 'watching the patterns' here are two good websites to follow:

Stan Deyo

Live USGS

Originally Posted by shyiskrazy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...If you are interested in the details of the Mayan calendar and what they believe happens each era, here is a really good video (long but v informative!).
The Mayan Calendar Comes North 2011 2012- Ian Xel Lungold | Conspiracy Reality TV - Documentaries, Movies and Videos

Ian Lungold was pretty great. However his dates are wrong due to the 'correlation problem'

there are all kinds of sites that go over the debate here are few:

2012:

JENKINS / CALLEMAN DEBATE

but maybe that is what is meant by 'no one will know' because of the confusion over the start date so on. I really just wish more people would be able to open their eyes to see something is happening, I personally believe that if more people 'got it' the transition would be much smoother. I mean think about it as simply as a person giving you a great big poop eating grin, it becomes infectious and makes you want to smile too, imagine that on a universal scale, it would be AWESOME.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif What you are reffering to is called "Time wave zero" or 'novelty theory' and you are right it has to do with the i ching. I believe that Greg Braden incorrectly calls it "Zero point energy" (I have also heard 'God energy' because it is the quantam physical energy of the vacum.....i.e. it is there when nothing is there)
here is a qoute from wikipedia:

His theory (Terence Mckenna) is pretty interesting, and seems pretty sound if you listen to people like Richard C hogland (he has a good movie on video.google called "The hyper dimensional election of Barack Obama" that you can parallel) or David Wilcock (he also has a few ideas that parallel both Richard C and Terence Mckenna)

if you are interested in 'watching the patterns' here are two good websites to follow:

Stan Deyo

Live USGS

Ian Lungold was pretty great. However his dates are wrong due to the 'correlation problem'

there are all kinds of sites that go over the debate here are few:

2012:

JENKINS / CALLEMAN DEBATE

but maybe that is what is meant by 'no one will know' because of the confusion over the start date so on. I really just wish more people would be able to open their eyes to see something is happening, I personally believe that if more people 'got it' the transition would be much smoother. I mean think about it as simply as a person giving you a great big poop eating grin, it becomes infectious and makes you want to smile too, imagine that on a universal scale, it would be AWESOME.

Thanks for all the links, Nury! This is getting even more interesting to me...which goes back to my earlier point: the more I find out about this phenomenon, the more information there is that I have yet to know. I definitely need to check out these websites, especially the one with the patterns. Sounds really interesting.

I agree with you that I wish people would be more open to see that something is happening. Nowadays people are so resistant to these possibilities--and I call them "possibilities" because I'm no psychic, I'm not claiming that I know it's gonna happen or not. It's easier not to worry about it because we've got our own little things to worry about, like what to cook for dinner, or when the economy's gonna get better. I do think that the word is spreading, and more people are starting to look it up for themselves and find out answers for themselves. That's a good start.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are a lot of things to point out, that are happening nowadays, not only unusual weather which is being pointed out by the meteorologists on the news, calling it 'crazy wheater' and wondering what is going on, and if global warming has anything to do with such events, there is also a couple of other strange events such as the whales beaching themselves, as well as the dolphins, the death/disappearance of the bees, and cows suiciding, a huge mass of salmon not coming back to their 'homes' and disappearing as well, not to mention the crop circles that we've been having in England, Italy, Germany and Canada, if you really look at the complexity of the geometries that have been drawn by whomever is making them, you will know that they have NOT been created by humans, and not buy what the media says about a couple drunk guys flattening down the crops with a piece of wood...surreal, they would have to be so gifted to be able to do that in the middle of the night with a piece of wood, drunk, to get these humongous geometries drawn perfectly in the dark..no?

I would say to all the people that are keeping an open mind and paying attention to all the things that are happening in our planet and the cosmos to keep doing so without being afraid to be called a nut, crazy, or whatever they want to call it, there is a reason why things happen, there is a reason why you are interested in these things and why you are paying attention, we all have an instinct, we all have a sixth sense, or, what many people would like to call 'the guardian angel'. I prefer to call it a higher collective consciousness that advises you, protects you and guides you all the time.

Check out some of the documentaries by David Wilcock, Gregg Braden, Richard C. Hoagland, Project Camelot, Dr. J.J Hurtak, Lynne McTaggart, & John Hogue on google video or youtube, they are extremely informative, and i am sure you will find them very interesting and mind blowing as well. Oh and as a suggestion, watch the Celestine Prophecy movie, it is awesome.

Pay attention to your dreams and listen to them, also tell your family to do so when having dreams about these events, a lot of people will go to fortune tellers and mediums to find out about these things, but most of the time they are just fakes, we all possess the ability to see these things and do not need a crystal ball to be able to see them either, we should not rely on others to tell us about the future, past or present of our lives, we all possess and innate ability to see it for ourselves; thank God we are not living in the age of the Inquisition because many people back then were being burnt at the stake for talking about these things
smile.gif

And lastly, we should all have in mind that Apocalypse means Revelation [in greek], NOT disaster.

Wow, I didn't know about the whales beaching themselves, or the cows suiciding...that's so weird and unnatural. I mean, why would a cow kill herself? There's definitely something out of whack there. It reminds me of the movie The Happening, where the bees were disappearing and no one knew why. Even scientists are baffled by these events. To me, it's very humbling to know that we're at the mercy of nature, no matter how high-tech our lives have become. My cousins whose house was flooded came home only to find that people are missing, their belongings either swept by the current, or ruined, and their beloved dog buried in mud. There was nothing they could do.

It's definitely hard to even discuss this topic with friends or family because most of them are so eager to dismiss the whole thing. Maybe they don't think I'm crazy, but that the idea is crazy. My whole thing is that I'm not saying I know it's gonna happen...it just fascinates me because I can feel that something is going on, and I like finding out more about it and making my own opinions and finding answers to my questions. As a student I've always been the one whose always asking "why"? lol. Maybe because I'm an only child, I don't know, lol.
smile.gif
Anyway, growing up I've learned not to believe everything they teach us in school and everything we read in textbooks.

I'm gonna have a busy time on youtube!! I can't wait to watch the documentaries you recommended as well as the Celestine Prophecy.
smile.gif

There have been many who have predicted the end of the world but we are still here. I hope it doesn't happen in December 2012 as it means I will still be paying for the stupid Olympics here in the UK.

Originally Posted by shyiskrazy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't believe that it is the end of the world, either. It is just the end of an era and big spiritual changes and will probably also manifest in physical earth changes. Anything is possible. I also agree with Aprill where the Bible states that "no man knows" when the apocalypse is coming. If you are interested in the details of the Mayan calendar and what they believe happens each era, here is a really good video (long but v informative!).

The Mayan Calendar Comes North 2011 2012- Ian Xel Lungold | Conspiracy Reality TV - Documentaries, Movies and Videos

I agree. No one will ever know.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif The Myans don't seem to think so....World Won't End in 2012, Mayans Insist

Almost everyone I knew and every business in my area bought the y2k fix and stayed up past midnight to see if they were protected against the great computer crash. I decided right then and there that in the event of the end of the world, I wouldn't jump off that bridge until someone pushes me. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...Wow, I didn't know about the whales beaching themselves, or the cows suiciding...that's so weird and unnatural. I mean, why would a cow kill herself? There's definitely something out of whack there. It reminds me of the movie The Happening, where the bees were disappearing and no one knew why... I forgot to post A link to the cow story:
Earthfiles.com Environment | Authorities Baffled in California and Switzerland As Cattle Fall Off Cliffs and Die

this site is good for off beat news about the unexplained; UFO's, Crop circles, cattle mutilations so on, but it is also good for main stream news about space, pandemics (H1N1 for the time being) and different earth changes - volcanoes, earth quakes,hurricanes and floodings-.

there is also a radio show that discusses these things called coast to coast am -this is where I first heard about Earthfiles and Richard C Hogland-

i live as this the last day of my life.i dont let any of my wish unfulfilled.

i dont really care that this world is going towards the end or not as i am happy in my today.

what i really care about is i dont want that my son could not live his life or enjoy his life.and his life ends very painful or in such a way.

hey dont scare me girl.

i get very scared by the name of death.after all i have not seen the world yet.nor have i helped the humanity.

Thanks for the link, Lisa. This mayan theory is very interesting. My thoughts lean more towards the end of a cycle and the beginning of another. I used to be a big fan of sagas, and in the ragnarok, the end of the world leads to a rebirth.

Whatever happens, it's going to happen anyway. Besides, the problem with the "end of the world" is we don't know what concept you place in those words. Sure the world will not be as it was, so is life, we change. What we could do though, is concentrate on things we can work on, say global warming for example. To me this is something we know about, and consequently can act on.

I think I need to stop watching apocalyptic movies... Is it just me or have there been more than usual out lately or due to be released soon?

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I forgot to post A link to the cow story:
Earthfiles.com Environment | Authorities Baffled in California and Switzerland As Cattle Fall Off Cliffs and Die

this site is good for off beat news about the unexplained; UFO's, Crop circles, cattle mutilations so on, but it is also good for main stream news about space, pandemics (H1N1 for the time being) and different earth changes - volcanoes, earth quakes,hurricanes and floodings-.

there is also a radio show that discusses these things called coast to coast am -this is where I first heard about Earthfiles and Richard C Hogland-

I'm halfway through the Hoagland coast to coast movie/conference. This guy has some pretty interesting theories and predictions. When he mentioned his prediction about Obama's birthplace and how it was 19.5 on the globe...I was like, woah.

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif The end of the world in 2012 is Bush's fault.
smile.gif
lol, I agree.

Originally Posted by kitamad /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I need to stop watching apocalyptic movies... Is it just me or have there been more than usual out lately or due to be released soon? I noticed there's been more than usual out lately. Movies, documentaries, specials, and apparently, even shows.

hmm well, considering all the hype about the year 2000, and seeing as nothing happened...

well what it all comes down to is, all those shows are probably sponsered by big companies that would benifit by people going crazy and buying a million tons of canned foods. then when nothing happens...

plus did it ever occur to anyone that MAYBE the mayans stopped their calander because they didn't have enough room on the stone, or their civilization was destoryed? perhaps they got bored with it? i mean, who wants to sit around all day pin pointing stages of the moon etc.

haha. i don't think anything is gunna happen.... gunna be the same as Y2K

Originally Posted by kitamad /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I need to stop watching apocalyptic movies... Is it just me or have there been more than usual out lately or due to be released soon? I don't know if there's more, but they're surely advertised a lot.
I tend to respect the mayans as they were, if i remember correctly my high school history, the first to master astronomy, it makes their point sort of more valid in my eyes.

Back