2012..End of the world? What do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by shyiskrazy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Coast to Coast too! I heard the Benjamin Creme interview and got spooked out. check out what is on the show tonight (Oct 14)

10 pm - 2 am PT

Interpreting 2012

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tend to respect the mayans as they were, if i remember correctly my high school history, the first to master astronomy, it makes their point sort of more valid in my eyes.

This is a very good point. I think it's one of the reasons why the year 2012 has gotten so much attention because it's apparently an important date to the Mayans...it's amazing how they were able to master astronomy without modern tools we have today. They were so accurate about their predictions that it's unsettling.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif check out what is on the show tonight (Oct 14)
10 pm - 2 am PT

Interpreting 2012

Where can I access the show? I went to the site, but I didn't find any links to the actual radio show...is in on Itunes? any help would be appreciated!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where can I access the show? I went to the site, but I didn't find any links to the actual radio show...is in on Itunes? any help would be appreciated!
smile.gif
kmj580 am

you can find the affiliates here click your state and find a channel, some are click able and have a listen live -online- feature.

I think all 2012 end of the world/doomsday predictions are a load of bull.

The REAL doomsday is today's suckfest economy.

But I'm optimistic. I know things will get better, it will just take [a lot of] time.

Its interesting to read but it is totally fake to believe.I don't trust in all this thins.Its interesting and have more fun.

Angila...you're right it is interesting to read...it'd be more fun if those who don't believe would expand more on why they don't believe so we can get a good discussion going...
smile.gif

Speaking of "fun" lol, anyone going to watch 2012 the movie on Friday? It's on Friday the 13th you guys!!!
smile.gif
It's like Halloween all over again, lol.

I think it will be Y2K all over again. This time people might spend and waste more money because they think they are about to die.

Originally Posted by joybelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it will be Y2K all over again. This time people might spend and waste more money because they think they are about to die. yes joybelle got to agree with you

Sorry I'm a bit of a sceptic. I have a very logical mind - and I am definitely not closed minded about things - but this is a no-brainer to me.

The earth goes through cycles. We tend to go through 'economic depressions' every 20 or 30 years in different parts of the world. The earth itself goes through cycles of ice and heat and freezes over and reheats every 100,000 years or so (roughly, lol.).

Everything just goes round and round and round. Just because the weathers having a hissy fit and the worlds greatest powers that be ruined the economy, it doesn't mean the world will stop spinning.

Didn't the Mayans predict 9/11 too or something? If you believe that then you really need a wake up call - terroists have been around a LOT longer than that doing a lot worse things than that.

War is inevitable. With greed comes evolution. If we didn't strive for something more than what we currently have then the world would not be how it is today. War is just power, and power is bred from greed.

I'm not Christian, but I'm not anti-Christian or anti-any-other-religion, I don't believe in any 'predicted' end of the world and I don't believe in prophets (I believe in people 'making answers' and 'reasons to live' when they really need them). I fully believe that we (as humans) will be our own destructors and that nuclear weapons will play a big role.

But you know, that's just me ;D

i dont know, i dont think i totally believe the whole 2012 predictions there are just so many things that could destroy the earth nd end mankind, but what is the definition of "end of the world" exactly if its that the humans animals everything living is wiped out then chances are that would happen with some kind of asteroid meteor type things and would be fast so if it was that then that cant be stopped, but i think thats pretty unlikely, but what about a super-virus or nuclear war? another ice age? i dont know....

2012 is not going to be the end of the world, thats just silly. Come dec 21 2012 the world will still be spinning and we will all still be going about our daily lives....this reminds me so much of y2k...everyone thought it was going to be some huge disaster and we all survived that just fine.

I don't think it will happen, but just in case I think I will ask for some early Christmas presents :]

I haven't seen it, but NASA put up a site to let people know that the world won't end in 2012. They were getting a lot of emails from people so it was just easier to make a website.

I believe it. I think its different from Y2K because people based that on computers not being able to cope with changing from 99 to 00 and everything technological going into meltdown.

I think its different when its come from Prophets who have been so accurate about so many things in the past.

I dont believe its the end of the world though. I believe that as the bible says it will be the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. I think Jesus is coming back in 2012 and heaven and earth will combine making a new world completely unlike anything any of us have known before.

But I respect other peoples beliefs too and can see why most people find it difficult to believe.

It may end. Someone told me the other day that Obama may be the anti-christ and could possibly proclaim himself to be god in a church in Isreal...oh boy, if that happens...
wink.gif

I believe in science, NOT conspiracy theories. Would anyone really be all over this if it hadn't been drilled into their heads via psychotic-inducing movies? News media blowing things out of proportion (they're quite good at that)? No.

No one would know, no one would care, and frankly...anyone who thinks they knew what an ancient civilization was thinking/doing all the time is insane. And basing the rest of their lives off that? Pointless.

We don't know what they were thinking. Why they stopped. What we DO know is that so many "prophecies" have failed. Over and over. What makes this so different?

Yeah, ice caps are melting. Not the first time in Earth's history. Yeah, global warming sucks. Not the first time in Earth's history. If something happens, it'll happen because of science and the mercy of nature. Not because an ancient civilization stopped a calendar (a calendar which, btw, we don't even know if we're accurately aligned with!)

Has anybody seen a Mayan lately? Hands please of all the people who have seen a full blooded Mayan with their own two eyes. *looks left, looks right, sees no hands* Eggz-ackli! You mean to tell me, the Mayans couldn't predict their own damn near extinction at the hands of the Spaniards, yet I'm supposed to be concerned about their predictions for the end of the world?
kopfkratz.gif

People have been predicting the end of times since the beginning of times. They've all been wrong haven't they? *looks left, looks right, sees the world still here*
idea.gif

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anybody seen a Mayan lately? Hands please of all the people who have seen a full blooded Mayan with their own two eyes. *looks left, looks right, sees no hands* Eggz-ackli! You mean to tell me, the Mayans couldn't predict their own damn near extinction at the hands of the Spaniards, yet I'm supposed to be concerned about their predictions for the end of the world?
kopfkratz.gif

People have been predicting the end of times since the beginning of times. They've all been wrong haven't they? *looks left, looks right, sees the world still here*

idea.gif
My fave thing to tell people that believe that is: Nah the world is not gonna end in 2012...but you can die that year if you want to

Back