2012 Holiday Palettes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone have pics of the Tarte holiday collections?
Here are the others from the tarte website:

My personal experience with Tarte eye shadows is similar to those above: poor pigmentation & staying power. I also find more "fall-out" than other eye shadows I use (my favorite is Kat Von D) post application.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My personal experience with Tarte eye shadows is similar to those above: poor pigmentation & staying power. I also find more "fall-out" than other eye shadows I use (my favorite is Kat Von D) post application.
I agree. I tried the green quad on the bottom most. I am tan-medium complexion and i hate that they didnt blend well on my eyes, they look more of grayish in color.

I'm getting the blush, Smoldereyes, and Lipsurgence sets. Sephora is already sold out of the blush online so I'm going to the store Friday. Ulta also has a Tarte 15 piece lipgloss set.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. I tried the green quad on the bottom most. I am tan-medium complexion and i hate that they didnt blend well on my eyes, they look more of grayish in color.
It's a shame, because they look so beautiful in the pan.  I like the look of that entire gift set, but won't get it because of the lack of shadow quality.

I just picked up Benefit's "Fast Train to Fabulous"

8799082315806.jpg

Benefit's Fast Train to Fabulous is $34 a $76 value, according to Benefit's website.  It is a fabulous box.  I'm definitely keeping it.  You get a full size POREfessional, full size benetint, deluxe sample of they're Real, and depending on where you get the set, you do get a forth item at Ulta you get a sample of Laugh with me Lee Lee perfume, on Benefit's website, it says that it is a that gal sample.  I got mine at Ulta, and right now get a they're Real mascara with a Benefit purchase of $25 or more, so I got a second one.

Sexy Little Stowaways ($36): 0.1 oz Bella Bamba, 0.25 oz ‘That Gal’ Brightening Face Primer, 0.08 oz Sun Beam, 0.08 oz Cha Cha Tint, 0.08 oz Ooh La Lift, 0.08 oz Stay Don’t Stray, 1 oz It’s Potent! Eye Cream, 0.14 oz BADgal Lash Mascara, 0.25 oz The POREfessional, 0.1 oz Hoola.

High Flyin’ Glosses ($26, 6 x 0.22 oz) Lip Gloss in Coralista, Dallas, Bellabamba, HOOLA, Sugarbomb, Dandelion

Benefit-Cosmetics-Holiday-2012-Makeup-Sets-sexy-little-stowaways-high-flyin-glosses.jpg

Perk Up & Away ($64): Full size of posietint, dandelion and watt’s up!, deluxe size of POREfessional and they’re real! mascara.

Fast Train to Fabulous ($34): Full of POREfessional and Benetint, deluxe sample of They’re real and That Gal

Benefit-Cosmetics-Holiday-2012-Makeup-Sets-Perk-Up-Away-Fast-Train-to-Fabulous.jpg

Upgrade to Gorgeous! , $34: 0.05 oz Laugh With Me LeeLee,0.25 oz POREfessional, 0.45 oz High Beam, 0.1 oz They’re Real and 0.42 oz Sugarbomb. Sephora exclusive.

Primed For Takeoff: Full size of POREfessional, Hervana and BADgal lash mascara, deluxe High Beam (2.5 mL)

Benefit-Cosmetics-Holiday-2012-Makeup-Sets-primed-for-takeoff-Upgrade-to-Gorgeous.jpg

Away We Glow: CORALista (3.0 g), High Beam cool (2.5 ml), Sun Beam (2.5 mL), BADgal lash mascara (4.0 g), Ultra shines life on the A list lip shine (5.0 mL) Fluff shadow/Hard angle brush, Shimmering 5-color Eyeshadow Palette

She’s So Jetset! ($36): 4 shade eyeshadow palette, POREfessional (7.5 mL), they’re real! mascara, (4.0 g), first-class face powder with brush, lip gloss in life on the A list, (5.2 mL),double-ended applicator

Benefit-Cosmetics-Holiday-2012-Makeup-Sets-away-we-glow-Shes-So-Jetset-.jpg

Let There Be Bright! Full size it’s potent! eye cream, Full size triple performing facial emulsion, 50.3 mL, 1.7 US fl. oz, (8.9 g) total moisture facial cream (7.5 mL) POREfessional

Crescent Row Holiday Set: Laugh With Me LeeLee (flirty & feminine woody floral), My Place Or Yours Gina (sinfully sexy woody oriental), Ring My Bella (sweetly seductive fruity floral), See & Be Seen Sasha (daring & captivating floral)

Benefit-Cosmetics-Holiday-2012-Makeup-Sets-crescent-row-holiday-set-Let-There-Be-Bright-.jpg

So which one is your favourite?

Ooo! Soooo love all those Benefit sets!! I own almost all of those in the kits because of those flash sale, but definitely getting those skincare set! havent tried their perfumes yet though. kinda waste of money if ill stock up on those because I work in a hospital -- wearing perfume is a no no.
icon_frown.gif

There are so many good holiday boxes! I think the tarte Lipsurgence is def the best.

You can't wear perfume at a hospital? Seems odd as I recall the nurses always have these nice perfumes on... what an interesting rule.

Benefit always has great holiday sets. I definitely have to purchase one I just don't know which one to buy lol.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are soo many reasons to love the holidays but my favorite is the ubber creative and awesomely packaged holiday palettes!!

Check out Stila:

I'm sure there are more out there so feel free to post pics as soon as you see them come out! 
Wow nice palattes
heart.gif

There are so many good holiday boxes! I think the tarte Lipsurgence is def the best.  You can't wear perfume at a hospital? Seems odd as I recall the nurses always have these nice perfumes on... what an interesting rule.
We can't wear perfume at the hospital I work at because of the risk to patients with allergic reactions.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We can't wear perfume at the hospital I work at because of the risk to patients with allergic reactions.
The hospitals I'm affiliated with have a no scent policy as well.  It's pretty standard these days.  In fact, scents in the workplace are frowned upon in general, it seems.  My office is not in the hospital (I'm on the university side), and there are people I work with who are allergic to fragrances.  One woman has  "no perfume" sign posted on her cubicle.  Fortunately, I have my own office, but for days when I'm at meetings in the hospital, I don't wear scent or make sure it's very unobtrusive, and I'm not even around patients. 

The Let there be Bright! set looks like it will be a perfect gift to both my grandma and my mum! The packaging is so adorable, I might end up picking up the perfume set for myself - I am soooo picky with scents (I've been using B&BW's Sweet Pea perfume for years) but all 4 descriptions sound like something I could potentially love (yeahh, I'm all over the place, I know!)

Ugh, I have a love/hate relationship with the awesome holiday sets... And now that I'm starting my own business and not receiving a nice hefty reliable paycheck, it's testing my resolve.  I know I'll cave eventually though.  I am weak.  Thank goodness I have a great sibling and mother who'll give me cash...

Benefit comes out with some of the best sets, but between Sephora points and/or other smaller sets I've picked up I have most anything I'd want/need.  I don't really like their blushes that much, but I do like Hoola.  I've only tried Dandelion lip gloss but it doesn't last worth poo.  I have two of their liquid highlighters which are okay and just got a small "Watt's Up" as my 100pt sample at Sephora.

Here's what would be on my Christmas wish list:

1. Tarte LipSurgence set - Duh.

2. Urban Decay Smoked pencil set - This one is hard for me - as I know it's pretty likely to go on uber-sale at some point in mid to late-2013.  But that's a long time to wait!  I'll probably get one before then to add Smog, Mainline, and Empire to my collection (and sell Zero, Uzi, and Demolition on eBay).

3. Urban Decay limited edition Sephora "Build Your Own Palette" - I only want this for the LE shadow.  I'll sell the palette.

4. Urban Decay Vice Palette - Even though I love me some UD, this palette isn't as exciting as others.  I felt the same way about BOS IV last year though and it definitely grew on me after I picked it up at a discounted price.  The packaging is pretty bland, I love when their packaging is more edgy and artistic... I know I'll eventually get this, but it's totally waitable. Maybe I'm just eye shadowed out after their vintage eye shadow sale + Smoked palette (which I LOVE).

5. Fresh Sugar Addiction Mini Lip Collection - Oh yes.  Come to mama!  This should be higher on my list.  I've been stock piling the Sephora b-day sets (thank you eBay!) and also got a couple of these in various sample kits.  I bought the full size Corral shade which is GORGEOUS!  But to have all 6 colors in a set!!!  Y-E-S.  I've wanted Honey for awhile and Berry looks interesting.  Another plain + Rose never hurts either.

6. Boscia Must Have Kit - I just tried their Black Mask which is FAB!  This kit has two other Boscia products for the same price as the mask alone.  Cool!

7. Ciate Mini Mani Month - O.M.G.  I saw this as I was walking out of Sephora last week and totally had to oogle and stare.  So many beautiful shades of a brand I've been dying to try.  Sephora has two sets for the holidays but I want this big bad boy.  This will have to be a gift from someone though...

Items I have gotten recently that are AMAZING Holiday stuff:

* Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" set - I love everything in this except for the one by Bite (it's beautiful but it's odor really affects me).  But a GREAT value: a full-size Lip Surgence by Tarte in Hope, a Fresh mini in Rose (I stock up on these), a beautiful nude gloss by Hourglass, a pink gloss by Laura Mercier (not as nice as I imagined her brand would be, but still nice), and a ballet pink glittery gloss by Sephora which honestly isn't bad at all (reminds me of Midnight Cowboy gloss by UD).

* Urban Decay Ocho Loco - Love at first sight, but I love UD's pencils.  I (no joke) have 35 different colors right now...I am only missing 4 of the regular shades and considering getting them at the F&F sale starting tomorrow - then all I'll need is the Smoked pencil set to round me out (although I'll be missing Sabbath but it's only offered as a duo which I'm not a fan of).

Back