2012 Holiday Palettes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Give Me Some Lip was sort of a mixed review for me. It was great to get another Tarte Lip Surgence and Fresh Sugar Rose, but I did not like the Sephora and Bite glosses. The Sephora on has a strong watermelon scent and was sticky and I thought the Bite one smelled like plastic. I still have to try the Laura Mercier and Hourglass.

I love the Liu palette.  Thanks for posting a pic.  I'm definitely putting that on my Xmas list.  I already bought the tarte Smoldereyes and I love it.  I'm very fair and the pigmentation is fantastic on me. This set is better than the set from last year.  (last year had too much glitter)  I can also vouch for the staying power of the pencils.  I'm not always faithful about removing my makeup at night, and the pencil is still there the next morning AND smudge free!  The colors are to die for (especially the rain forest black - i think that's the name).  As for the tarte eye shadows, they can be hit and miss.  It does seem that the holiday palettes are lower in quality.  However, other sets I've bought (QVC, etc) have been fantastic.  I also loved the True Blood set that was released a couple of years back.  Thanks for the great posts Ladies!  I love having a forum for makeup junkies like myself.  
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Give Me Some Lip was sort of a mixed review for me. It was great to get another Tarte Lip Surgence and Fresh Sugar Rose, but I did not like the Sephora and Bite glosses. The Sephora on has a strong watermelon scent and was sticky and I thought the Bite one smelled like plastic. I still have to try the Laura Mercier and Hourglass.
Me, too!   Glad to steal away another Fresh Sugar Rose and another Tarte Lip Surgence.  I liked all the glosses except the Bite one.  It's gorgeous, but the smell is totally over powering.  I think because it uses lanolin.  Smells don't usually bother me much - especially if they are short lived, but that Bite gloss was terrible!  

I like the Laura Mercier and Hourglass, although both are quite sheer and may need a little something on under.

I picked up the following from the Chanel holiday collection:

• The quad (beautiful colors, especially layered over the Illusion D'Ombre long-wearing shadow)
  • Both colors of the Illusion D'Ombre (the gold is gorgeous alone, and the plum is perfect to make my brown eyes pop -- both are shimmery in a good way)
  • The eyeliner (it coordinates with the other plums in the set and is less severe than brown or black)
  • Lipstick in L'Impatiente (I saw it on Make Up and Beauty Blog's Karen and have been lusting ever since.  Yes, it is that good.  Vampy but wearable, and can by de-severified with gloss)
  • Poudre Universelle Libre in Reverie (This is so sparkly.  It works equally well for face or body.  Love.)

I also bough the Tarte lip and blush sets.  I always know I'll wear Lipsurgence, assuming the colors are flattering (these are), and two of the colors in the blush set work well as a highlighter or bronzer.

This thread is dangerous! I love the Holiday time and makeup so this combo is bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> There are so many cute Holiday palettes. I'm trying not to buy any but it's hard!

Originally Posted by Laura Marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just purchased this palette yesterday and I love it!! I work at Ulta so I got my discount with it.. couldn't pass it up! I can never leave that place without something new! The outside is actually a really pretty light purple not sure why it looks white in the picture.
I am debating whether or not to buy this. I have heard mixed reviews on this...how is the quality? How is the color payoff?

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am debating whether or not to buy this. I have heard mixed reviews on this...how is the quality? How is the color payoff?
I got it this week, and I'm liking it so far, but I haven't used all the colors yet.  It's a more muted palette color wise, but I find them to be very wearable.

The shadows I've tried have worn well and I like both the primer and mascara.  One reason I did get this palette is because the founder, Jerrod Blandino, said that the shadows are the same formula/quality as the regular Too Faced shadows.  Holiday palettes aren't always as good as the regular products, so him specifying that the quality was the same appealed to me.

I just picked up the 4 eyeshadow quad LORAC Sweet Temptations Eyeshadow set from Ulta. Each quad looks like a candy bar. It was the last one they had in the store in my area. I felt really lucky, but I think they have had it for a while, I just waited forever to actually go get it ^_~ I have not swatched it or played with it yet, but the colors look really nice and it had some pretty good reviews online. It also gave me a bunch of colors I have been searching for in a few shades, so I really should be set now at least with neutrals ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Those Benefit sets are so cute! I bought a Tarte set (cheek tint, lipsurgence, eyeliner, & mascara) from Hautelook, and waaaaay too much nail polish, and a Glossybox, though, so no more sets for me.

This thread has been fun to stalk, lol.  I am going to wait to see what goes on sale after the holidays
icon_cheesygrin.gif

this collection makes me wish winter would last longer! love the deep red lipstick. I've never tried red eyeshadow before, I'm curious now.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Should have my eyeshadow palette soon! Can't wait. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Check out the Lorac pro palette, i love this palette so much and it has 14 shades! Very pigmented more on the neurtal tones but they are so creamy and wonderful to work with. The Too faced pallettes and are also wonderful this year and i'd go with them over Tarte this year thoyugh i love tarte the color selection isn't my favorite

Back