2012 Holiday Palettes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a Stila palette and a Clarins palette i could include in my makeup collection and find use for :

Eye quartet mineral palette #1 pastels. It's indicated £30, but i think i'll be able to find it in France.

Stila Beach palette, a really cute palette for just £10. and it has blue eyeshadow, which remains my favorite.

They're not exactly Christmas collections items, but it's only in that time of year i really look at palettes so unless i find bad reviews on these, i might just get both. The Laura Geller kit i wanted seems already sold out, so i'll get something else.

I want them all!!
scared2.gif

Personally I have had mixed results with Tarte shadows.  I have a holiday palette and I would rate it a 5  out of a 10 with 10 being awesome and 1 being horrible.

Urban Decay and Coastal Scents are both 10s to me.

Smashbox varies but I have one palette and I rate it a 6,

Tarte gets a 5.

These are solely my opinions.  I can't wear Sephora shadow at all.  It causes my eyes to run and swell.  It must be some ingredient that does not agree with my eyes.

So disappointed in the Sephora/NARS/Andy Warhol Debbie Harry palette.  I really liked the mauve-ish blush with gold shimmer, but honestly that was the only thing. 

Originally Posted by kjreeves2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So disappointed in the Sephora/NARS/Andy Warhol Debbie Harry palette.  I really liked the mauve-ish blush with gold shimmer, but honestly that was the only thing. 
If you got it at Sephora, you can return it. 

Normally I'm not a huge fan of MAC eyeshadows or whatever, but the glamour daze palettes I want soooo effing much! Super duper cute and nifty to carry around!

I am upset by the fact that the pigment sets aren't out though. I was looking forward to those the most. 

I am not a lip person but I couldn't pass up the Anastacia holiday lip set. I haven't opened it yet but it's so pretty. I also got the tarte blush set & a Josie Marian organ oil set

Got the Tarte LipSurgence set (LOVE!) and the SmolderEYES eyeliner set...which was less impressive and pigmented on my skin for some reason. But maybe I just haven't played around with it enough yet. 

ALSO That Smashbox Ultimate Palette makes me want to return my Master Class Palette that I bought like 2 weeks ago...even though I love it like I've never loved an e/s palette before lol....

Got the Tarte LipSurgence set (LOVE!) and the SmolderEYES eyeliner set...which was less impressive and pigmented on my skin for some reason. But maybe I just haven't played around with it enough yet.  ALSO That Smashbox Ultimate Palette makes me want to return my Master Class Palette that I bought like 2 weeks ago...even though I love it like I've never loved an e/s palette before lol....
Would u mind swatching the lipsurgence set? Im interested to see how the colors actually look. Which ones are matte? Im trying to.decide between this and the Buxom set.

Oh my! Why did I even click on this thread!! I might have to be extra good for santa to get all these goodies
wink.gif

I bought both the buxom and tarte lip sets, and I would recommend the Tarte set if you only want one lip set. They are also all full sized and the buxom set is mini glosses so you get more bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought both the buxom and tarte lip sets, and I would recommend the Tarte set if you only want one lip set. They are also all full sized and the buxom set is mini glosses so you get more bang for your buck.
I have both of them. I buy Buxom every year so I had to buy it this year too. I wish they had the set like last year & the year before & the year before that where they had four mini lipsticks and mini lip glosses instead of just six lip glosses, but I still love them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would u mind swatching the lipsurgence set? Im interested to see how the colors actually look. Which ones are matte? Im trying to.decide between this and the Buxom set.
I have swatched these on hand and two on lips, but here's the hand/arm swatches!

I have swatched these on hand and two on lips, but here's the hand/arm swatches!
Omg those are totes gorgeous!! I want!! Reason to use my free shipping with a $25 order :p :-D

Originally Posted by ScarletNight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Normally I'm not a huge fan of MAC eyeshadows or whatever, but the glamour daze palettes I want soooo effing much! Super duper cute and nifty to carry around!

I am upset by the fact that the pigment sets aren't out though. I was looking forward to those the most. 
ITA with you , but a few years back I gave up on MAC's e/c...I have to fight to get the pigments on my brush. BUT the brush set and lips bags and Small Vanity blush are nice. I got them yesterday.

s1453901-main-hero.jpg

Not a palette, but a holiday steal at $25. Tarte in Hope is my all time favorite lip go-to, and I am excited to have a bunch of others to play with for $1 more. Strange that they gave all of that shiny stuff with a matte, but the brands are nice and worth a try. Who can't use another Sugar rose? Not usually a gloss person but the colors, especially the Bite color, are so pretty! In the gift vault and I am not allowed to touch until I unwrap for the holidays.

Back