2012 Holiday Palettes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh gosh all the sets look sooo delicious.... I am esp liking the tarte one (But we don't have Tarte over in my country) The benefit sets look really cute.

There are soo many reasons to love the holidays but my favorite is the ubber creative and awesomely packaged holiday palettes!! Check out Stila: I'm sure there are more out there so feel free to post pics as soon as you see them come out! 
I can't believe no one has commented on the stila palette! I love stila eyeshadow and think the palette is so beautiful!

All that cute holiday packaging gets me excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). I love their blushes, so that cheek set is perfect. but imo their "standouts' set probably won't sell well.. I mean, how many people buy tawny/light brown eyeliner compared to black eyeliner?

I want to love their tarte holiday palette, but unless they totally reformulated those eyeshadows, I wouldn't recommend that anyone get it. I bought their holiday set from last year, and it was a total disappointment--you could barely see half the shadows, even with primer! not to mention, they were all chalky. 

Quote: Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are the others from the tarte website:

900x900px-LL-19d07a7b_ScreenShot2012-10-02at11.18.18PM.png

Just purchased this palette yesterday and I love it!! I work at Ulta so I got my discount with it.. couldn't pass it up! I can never leave that place without something new! The outside is actually a really pretty light purple not sure why it looks white in the picture.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am getting this! Guerlain Liu Eye & Lip Calligraphy Palette

This is beautiful. I am a recent Guerlain convert. I can't stop wanting it all now! I'd love to see swatches when you get it!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is beautiful. I am a recent Guerlain convert. I can't stop wanting it all now! I'd love to see swatches when you get it!
I don't think I actually own anything Guerlain yet. Talk about an expensive impulse buy lol! I better love it considering the cost, or it is going back.

I bought the Tarte blush set in store last week - still sold out online.  I have not worn any of the blushes yet, because I am putting them aside until I get a little more use out of my existing blushes.  I have such a bad habit of using just a little of everything and having to throw nearly full products away eventually.  The holiday sets are the worst for me in that area because you get such a wide array of stuff at such a low price.  I definitely still want the Fresh lip balm set (I believe I would actually use up all of those), and I am on the fence about the Tarte Lipsurgence set (such a good deal but I have several Lipsurgences already that I haven't even made a dent in).  I should be ashamed of myself.  I'm kinda not though, which makes it worse.  Also purchased the Stila Smudge Stick set because they are my favorite eyeliners and I cannot pass up that deal.  I have not compared them to my other ones yet to see if they are as good, but I probably should since Stila seems to skim on quality a bit in their holiday sets.

I did buy the Sephora Lash Stash, Gimme Some Lip, and the Glow set with the bronzers and highlighters.  I split up the kits to go in my friends' Christmas gifts, so I am quite happy with that.  Plus there were a few leftover items that I get to keep *cough-hoarder-cough*

Of course I do love the Urban Decay sets and palettes, but I cannot justify spending a cent more on eyeshadow or (more) eyeliner.  So not good.

Just purchased this palette yesterday and I love it!! I work at Ulta so I got my discount with it.. couldn't pass it up! I can never leave that place without something new! The outside is actually a really pretty light purple not sure why it looks white in the picture.
This is the only one I am 'seriously' considering buying. Stila eyeshadows and smashbox eyeshadows have too much fallout. I have no experience with tarte eyeshadows and apparently no one is vouching for their quality.

Tarte is one of the many brands whose holiday collection eyeshadows are subpar to their regular palettes. I tried the starlet palette from last year, and it was so bad I returned it. Chalky, poor pigmentation, etc--it was like cheap drugstore eyeshadow.

Rule of thumb is, if a holiday palette has a ton of eyeshadows, they probably won't be great quality compared to what the brand usually produces. Those types of palettes are almost more a fun gift for show, like pretty gift baskets, than something really wearable--though, that isn't to say they're terrible in and of themselves.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the only one I am 'seriously' considering buying. Stila eyeshadows and smashbox eyeshadows have too much fallout. I have no experience with tarte eyeshadows and apparently no one is vouching for their quality.

Back