30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can't wait!! just did my nails. i'll probably take pictures tomorrow and post though. I'm sure mine won't be nearly as love as y'alls XD

on a slightly OT note, what does everyone use for cuticle remover? I'm a bad girl and don't usually use any ^^;; my cuticles are generally in good condition so I've never felt the need, but now I want to take them to the next level of Perfection lol. I've heard good things about the Sally Hansen one...
I actually just picked up the Sally Hansen one...I'm hoping WONDERFULNESS will happen from it because I have the darndest, stubborn, vicious, ruthless and evilest cuticles EVER lol....and no, there was absolutely no exaggeration there whatsoever!

biggrin.gif

I did my red, got excited then did my orange.  I am in love with my orange mani.  I seriously am thinking of quitting now just so I can keep it!!

Are you going to use one of those link thingys where you can see the list of people who are participating.  I forget what the name of that is.

I just got the Sally Hansen gel too but only because I'm running out (2 years later) of HuiCui Soften which is some Chinese brand I got when I bought my cheap-ass gel kit & UV lamp on ebay.  I can't find it sold separately which sucks because I love it so much.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can't wait!! just did my nails. i'll probably take pictures tomorrow and post though. I'm sure mine won't be nearly as love as y'alls XD

on a slightly OT note, what does everyone use for cuticle remover? I'm a bad girl and don't usually use any ^^;; my cuticles are generally in good condition so I've never felt the need, but now I want to take them to the next level of Perfection lol. I've heard good things about the Sally Hansen one...

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it bad I already did my red today? lol I got excited. I will wait to post until tomorrow with everyone else though.
I've done my red too lol! Posting tomorrow!!

And about posting, post anywhere and everywhere you want! Here/Blogs/facebook/instagram! I have all of those so I will be posting everywhere lol. If you post on instagram or facebook, remember to hashtag it with #30manis2013
biggrin.gif

I'm so excited to see so many people joined up!!

I also got a head start and did my red on Thursday. For the first time in my life I'm actually early for something! lol

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got a head start and did my red on Thursday. For the first time in my life I'm actually early for something! lol
same here. can't wait to see everyone's...mine's simple so i'm looking forward to gawking at some more fun ones!

Day 1: Red (with bonus kitty nose!) 
smiletongue.gif

A England Rose Bower with Spectraflair topcoat 

Day one: RED!

I'm not a huge fan of red, i really only keep a couple bottles around for art purposes...so this one was a challenge to me...what to do besides just painting them red....so i did 

ANIME RED NAILS!

Nailtini bloody mary lined with sally hanson black out and accented with salon perfect sugar cube and a coat of NYC matte me crazy topcoat

Day 1: Red
Julep Molly with Zoya Maria Luisa ring finger accent. Here's a (slightly) better shot of accent:
I think I will learn a lot about what accent colors work and taking nail selfies with this marathon!

Funnnnn!! I'm going to try to participate in as many of these as I can :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> here's my Sunday red's- Julep Mischa over Ulta Totally Hot and SH nail strips on the rest.

Here's mine! Classic red, I'll try to get more adventurous as we move on, but for now I'm just happy to get a nice clean mani using some of the techniques I've picked up from the lovely MUT ladies! This is Nailtini's Bloody Mary, FYI.

One day I'll figure out this thing called lighting. Unfortunately, today is not that day.

Ruffian manicure with Julep Myrtle feat. Julep Kathleen!

I also don't have any good reds. The ones I have are mostly given to me. I don't like the warm colors much, really. I was going to play off of the children's joke "black and white and red all over" but it didn't work out the way I wanted. In the picture is konad red, Spoiled correction tape and sinful colors black on black. Using bundle monster plate BM-317. BTW, the black nail was also stamped, but can't be seen on camera.

Day #1 - RED

Here's the polishes I'm wearing! -

From Top to Bottom: Bondi New York - Strawberry Fields, Julep - Coco, OPI - First Date at the Golden Gate, Bondi New York - Horny Mistress, and Sephora X - We Are in Luck Here

I love it.  I've been on a tone-on-tone kick lately and this is right up my alley!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day #1 - RED

From Top to Bottom: Bondi New York - Strawberry Fields, Julep - Coco, OPI - First Date at the Golden Gate, Bondi New York - Horny Mistress, and Sephora X - We Are in Luck Here

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 1: Red (with bonus kitty nose!) 
smiletongue.gif

A England Rose Bower with Spectraflair topcoat 
lol boop your kitty on da nose for me

how do you like a england polishes? i hear nothing but good things about them. i found a website that sells them in the US for 10 bucks a pop (not TOO bad).

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day #1 - RED

gorgeous

the heart accent is super cute too

Back