30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bondi Horny Mistress.... Not bad for one coat and no top coat.

Amazing manis everyone! I still haven't had time to do my red mani.

Thanks to everyone for getting on board with this challenge!

Remember that this thread is for posting the challenge manicures every 3 or 4 days, and the 31 day challenge here https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137548/31-day-nail-art-challenge is for those posting a new challenge manicure every day. 

We just don't want anyone participating in this marathon to feel rushed or behind, thus the reason for the more lax time frame with the challenges. 

I hope to see more Red Nails here today, and some more great Orange nails here Wednesday - Saturday....then we will go to Yellow! Have Fun!!

Hey everyone! Just a heads up, I posted a schedule of the manis on the first post of the thread! My thanks to Scoobs for providing it, it definitely helps me....I was getting confused myself! LOL

LOVING AND ADORING all the manis on here so far!
wub.gif

LA Colors Sparkle Ruby blurred/with flash in lieu of sunlight to show the sparkle

So are you saying we should save our pictures and not post them for 3 or 4 days?  Oh well, I guess I'll bow out then.  I can't see the point of posting them days after I've done them because you think someone might feel rushed.  People aren't stupid.  I think they would get the concept that there are two concurrently running challenges.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So are you saying we should save our pictures and not post them for 3 or 4 days?  Oh well, I guess I'll bow out then.  I can't see the point of posting them days after I've done them because you think someone might feel rushed.  People aren't stupid.  I think they would get the concept that there are two concurrently running challenges.
It's not just about feeling rushed, it will just get very, very confusing.
smile.gif
That's why we created the alternate 30 Mani Marathon since we knew we wouldn't be able to do a new mani every single day with our busy schedules, but we would still very much love to see what everyone came up with! Seeing different people's inspiration is part of the fun! That's also why there are two threads for the challenges, one for the every day and one for the 3-4 days! Saving the manis and posting them all together just helps with the flow, so everyone can be focused on that one particular part of the challenge, if that makes sense.
wink.gif

Please do keep posting yours! You can just save the pictures in a file on your computer and add them in as we go! It seems that we'll be frolicking along till December 1st! LOL
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by msladyday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You still have time.  
smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amazing manis everyone! I still haven't had time to do my red mani.
I better hurry up then!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone! Just a heads up, I posted a schedule of the manis on the first post of the thread! My thanks to Scoobs for providing it, it definitely helps me....I was getting confused myself! LOL

LOVING AND ADORING all the manis on here so far!
wub.gif
Thanks for posting, that definitely makes things easier!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             It seems that we'll be frolicking along till December 1st! LOL
biggrin.gif
Wheeeee!! I love frolicking!!!  
ura.gif

Here's my red mani! I was traveling on the first, so I'm late to the party. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I started out with OPI Liquid sand The Impossible and that seemed too pink. So, I took it off and used Sparitual's Hunk of Burnin' Love and then put The Impossible on top for the sparkle and texture.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here's my first day...red.

Donna, I love the candy-texture look with the varied tones on these. How did you do it?

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day 1: Red (with bonus kitty nose!) 
smiletongue.gif

A England Rose Bower with Spectraflair topcoat 
I think Rose Bower would be a colour I might really enjoy wearing. It has that beautiful berry tone. And the shimmer - how much of it is due to Spectraflair?

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day one: RED!

I'm not a huge fan of red, i really only keep a couple bottles around for art purposes...so this one was a challenge to me...what to do besides just painting them red....so i did 

ANIME RED NAILS!

Nailtini bloody mary lined with sally hanson black out and accented with salon perfect sugar cube and a coat of NYC matte me crazy topcoat

I think I'm a bit the same way - I lean toward the second half of the rainbow over the first. Before Bondi I had all of two reds! And I've misplaced one of those... I would be so scared to do that tidy black outline though. It looks so good, and the shine line and dot really initially tricked me! I guess I need more sleep.

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I swear by Deborah Lippmann's Cuticle Remover and Cuticle Oil. I push my cuticles back EVERY manicure.
Am I crazy to say I do pretty much nothing with my cuticles? Never cut them, rarely push them back, and certainly have never tried cuticle oil or remover. I guess you folks can let me know when I finally get my red mani up here. I'd love some input on that!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Am I crazy to say I do pretty much nothing with my cuticles? Never cut them, rarely push them back, and certainly have never tried cuticle oil or remover. I guess you folks can let me know when I finally get my red mani up here. I'd love some input on that!
I don't do anything to my cuticles other than moisturize them before every manicure. Maybe I just have some that don't over-grow, or get in the way...but I tried the cuticle-push-back thing and didn't like it. I've also heard that you should never cut them...so I just keep them well moisturized and that works well for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Remember that this thread is for posting the challenge manicures every 3 or 4 days, and the 31 day challenge here https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137548/31-day-nail-art-challenge is for those posting a new challenge manicure every day. 

We just don't want anyone participating in this marathon to feel rushed or behind, thus the reason for the more lax time frame with the challenges. 

I hope to see more Red Nails here today, and some more great Orange nails here Wednesday - Saturday....then we will go to Yellow! Have Fun!!
Eep! The schedule is now every 3 days. But that's OK, I don't mean to nitpick and I appreciate the clear intention of flexibility. It reassures me that I can still do this and I hope we'll be joined by others who haven't posted yet. I love seeing all your manis, even if it seems my clock runs a little slower. In my head I'm more whingeing more about not having the time/energy/desire* to do mine yet, not complaining that someone else has. Everyone is such a source of inspiration!

I love this slower schedule as I have the habit of *falling in love with my (or some aspect of my) manis and end up wanting to wear them for a few days. And sometimes I just don't have the energy to budget for changing even ones I don't like. I hope I will not have too many like that now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day 1: Red (with bonus kitty nose!) 
smiletongue.gif

A England Rose Bower with Spectraflair topcoat 
I think Rose Bower would be a colour I might really enjoy wearing. It has that beautiful berry tone. And the shimmer - how much of it is due to Spectraflair?

Here it is without Spectraflair:

As you can see it has a holo shimmer all it's own. Honestly, I should have left it alone because I actually like it better on it's own. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eep! The schedule is now every 3 days. But that's OK, I don't mean to nitpick and I appreciate the clear intention of flexibility. It reassures me that I can still do this and I hope we'll be joined by others who haven't posted yet. I love seeing all your manis, even if it seems my clock runs a little slower. In my head I'm more whingeing more about not having the time/energy/desire* to do mine yet, not complaining that someone else has. Everyone is such a source of inspiration!

I love this slower schedule as I have the habit of *falling in love with my (or some aspect of my) manis and end up wanting to wear them for a few days. And sometimes I just don't have the energy to budget for changing even ones I don't like. I hope I will not have too many like that now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For the sake of mapping out a simplistic timeline, I actually spaced the schedule out at 4 days at a time. For instance: Sept 1-4 is 4 days (sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday), Sept 4-7 is 4 days (wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday) and so on at 4 days at a time...I hope that makes it a bit more clear on how I was trying to write it out into an easy to follow schedule. 

When Cookie and I were kicking around the idea of a 3-4 day timeline, that idea sounded better in our heads than it did when I sat down and tried to map out an actual schedule...so I tried to make it as clear as possible, while still keeping the essence of the lax time line. Tomorrow (today? 3:47 am at my house lol) starts the Orange phase, and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I'm so happy that so many people jumped on board with this fun little idea!

I've got two variations of the same design, two different ways, for Orange that I'll post tomorrow evening after work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back