30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color #2: Orange!  First attempt at flame nails. Polishes used:
  1. Revlon Charismatic
  2. Zoya Channing
  3. Nailtini MaiTai
  4. Zoya Destiny
  5. Bondi Chasing The Sun
  6. Zoya Maria-Luisa
That is so awesome! I need to try that sometime.

Quote: Originally Posted by jordiemac3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such a pretty color. Do you know if most of their line looks as good with just one coat?

No, I have had to use two coats for other colors.  But they always dry quite shiny without a top coat and so far, no issues with the formula.  Bondi is really a great nail polish and even better company.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mani 2: Orange
That's really cool that you made your own orange. Looks really good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think it is awesome you made orange!

Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote:
That's really cool that you made your own orange. Looks really good
smile.gif
Thanks guys I wish the pictures really did the justice. it is so sparkly and shiny. Every one has commented on it today. Even my husband said he liked it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is so awesome! I need to try that sometime.
Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beautiful
smile.gif

Thanks! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msladyday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bondi Horny Mistress.... Not bad for one coat and no top coat.
And yay, Bondi is now winning on the poll too! I just got HM in the mail yesterday and it is a wonderful colour. I used two coats for mine, which is finally done, though. Now I just need to photograph and post!

My orange mani...OPI Sephora I Think I Cayenne topped with Nailtini Millionaire. Crappy picture...but you get the idea!

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day 2 orange.  I seriously am in love with this.  I did it by dipping straws into the polish.  I didn't want to take this off.

Love this color combo, and the design worked out really well!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Color #2: Orange! 

First attempt at flame nails.

That flame effect is awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Manicure #2: Orange

This is two variations of the same manicure. I did the top one first, and that gave me some ideas for the second one. I kinda like the second color variation better.

Such different looks -- one for fall and one for summer!  Both are terrific.

Gah -- everyone is so creative, including making colors that they don't have, like NikkiMouse.  This is a very inspiring challenge, at the perfect pace.

I'm late to the party, but this sounds like fun! And I love that there are so many Bondi girls hanging out here! I'm no good at nail art, but I love seeing all of the creativity.

Day #1 - RED

Here is my red mani. I didn't have the chance to do it earlier, but it worked out, as my Bondi Horny Mistress arrived in the mail yesterday, effectively doubling my 'credible true red' collection. It was nice to try it out for this. I used:

Deborah Lippmann Big Red Machine - a magnetic polishe; my magnet doesn't work very well, and the polish is more of a berry colour than a red, but I generally lean toward the cool reds.

Bondi Horny Mistress & Strawberry Fields, and Fool's (gold)

Revlon Cherries in the Snow - This is a cool deep fuchsia. Horny Mistress is close in at least depth, so it was a good opportunity for me to compare them. The difference isn't as apparent irl as here (the colour in the second photo is not accurate - it doesn't clash with Big Red M, rather it looks like it's in the same family), but HM is definitely more 'red'. Cherries in the Snow could pass as red in a one-tone mani on me, and it sure doesn't look like that could be the case based on these photos..

Strawberry Fields is the base under the dotted index finger, and is at the tip of the gradient. The gradient continues with HM and Big Red Machine. The thumb and pinky are also Big Red M. The ring finger is HM.

The index finger here is Cherries in the Snow, which is clearly different from HM in the bottle, though the contrast is less irl. As in the other photo, the darkest berry one is Big Red Machine. The magnet doesn't work well, so for my thumb I applied three separate times: middle, side, other side, and held the magnet over each as they dried. The dotting on the middle finger is Strawberry F and HM over Big Red M.

2. Orange I got a stripper today so I had to play with it. This is China Glaze Riveting with white acrylic striping. I used Piggy Polish Ivory League underneath to lighten/brighten up the orange.

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day #1 - RED

Here is my red mani. I didn't have the chance to do it earlier, but it worked out, as my Bondi Horny Mistress arrived in the mail yesterday, effectively doubling my 'credible true red' collection. It was nice to try it out for this. I used:

Deborah Lippmann Big Red Machine - a magnetic polishe; my magnet doesn't work very well, and the polish is more of a berry colour than a red, but I generally lean toward the cool reds.

Revlon Cherries in the Snow - This is a cool deep fuchsia. Horny Mistress is close in at least depth, so it was a good opportunity for me to compare them. The difference isn't as apparent irl as here (the colour in the second photo is not accurate - it doesn't clash with Big Red M, rather it looks like it's in the same family), but HM is definitely more 'red'. Cherries in the Snow could pass as red in a one-tone mani on me, and it sure doesn't look like that could be the case based on these photos..

Strawberry Fields is the base under the dotted index finger, and is at the tip of the gradient. The gradient continues with HM and Big Red Machine. The thumb and pinky are also Big Red M. The ring finger is HM.

The index finger here is Cherries in the Snow, which is clearly different from HM in the bottle, though the contrast is less irl. As in the other photo, the darkest berry one is Big Red Machine. The magnet doesn't work well, so for my thumb I applied three separate times: middle, side, other side, and held the magnet over each as they dried. The dotting on the middle finger is Strawberry F and HM over Big Red M.

Gorgeous! If only I have the patience (or skill) to do this myself. 

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2. Orange

I got a stripper today so I had to play with it. This is China Glaze Riveting with white acrylic striping. I used Piggy Polish Ivory League underneath to lighten/brighten up the orange.
Love the random striping!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day #1 - RED

Great mani! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2. Orange

I got a stripper today so I had to play with it. This is China Glaze Riveting with white acrylic striping. I used Piggy Polish Ivory League underneath to lighten/brighten up the orange.

Love this! 
wub.gif

Thank you. I don't normally like orange, as evidenced by not having any a scrap of orange in my closet. The only reason I have any orange nail polish at all is because it's part of the Hunger Games collection (totally in love with HG, BTW). But I do like this one and plan on keeping it through the weekend.

This is such a great idea!there's going to be so many pretty nail photos! Id love to join in but ive just had my nails gelled. Im waiting til October then might just do this for fun myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> xx

Latest posts

Back