30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mani 2: Orange
With flash
No flash This one was a challenge because I don't own an orange nail polish. I used zoya tinsley which is pinkish color with gold orangeish tones I layered a thin coat of loreal tweet me between 2 thin coats of the tinsley to bring out the orange color. I did try to do a red yellow swirl but it looked like a nasty mustard catchup mix. Ewwww.

Orange Mani! I found a new brand of textured glitter polish - by Julie G, they're called "Gumdrops", and they're only $4.50! This is one coat of Julie G's Sugar Rush over one coat of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in Crushed.

Color #2: Orange! 

First attempt at flame nails.

Polishes used:

1. Revlon Charismatic
  2. Zoya Channing
  3. Nailtini MaiTai
  4. Zoya Destiny
  5. Bondi Chasing The Sun
  6. Zoya Maria-Luisa

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't do anything to my cuticles other than moisturize them before every manicure. Maybe I just have some that don't over-grow, or get in the way...but I tried the cuticle-push-back thing and didn't like it. I've also heard that you should never cut them...so I just keep them well moisturized and that works well for me!
yup, you should never cut them. cutting opens up your cuticles to viruses. trust me, i learned the hard way (thanks to a salon that cut open my cuticle and made me bleed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Manicure #2: Orange
This is two variations of the same manicure. I did the top one first, and that gave me some ideas for the second one. I kinda like the second color variation better.

Manicure #2 Orange
Polishes I used: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Snappy Sorbet Nailtini Mai Tai Sinful Colors Clementine Lancôme Vernis in Love Peach Melodie Color Club Reign in Spain

I think it is awesome you made orange!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mani 2: Orange

With flash

No flash

This one was a challenge because I don't own an orange nail polish. I used zoya tinsley which is pinkish color with gold orangeish tones I layered a thin coat of loreal tweet me between 2 thin coats of the tinsley to bring out the orange color.

I did try to do a red yellow swirl but it looked like a nasty mustard catchup mix. Ewwww.

So I am fashionably late with the red. It's been a hectic couple of days for me.
KleanKolor chunky holo scarlet

This is two variations of the same manicure. I did the top one first, and that gave me some ideas for the second one. I kinda like the second color variation better.
I love both variations but I think I favor the top one. Something about it just looks so... juicy! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Manicure #2 Orange

Polishes I used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Snappy Sorbet
Nailtini Mai Tai
Sinful Colors Clementine
Lancôme Vernis in Love Peach Melodie
Color Club Reign in Spain

Love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I am fashionably late with the red. It's been a hectic couple of days for me.

Beautiful!

Quote: Originally Posted by Olga Ok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 2: orange
Orange jelly sandwich
OPI fresh squeezed and spoiled shaken snow globe

What a beautiful color and application
Totally agree! 

I don't do anything to my cuticles other than moisturize them before every manicure. Maybe I just have some that don't over-grow, or get in the way...but I tried the cuticle-push-back thing and didn't like it. I've also heard that you should never cut them...so I just keep them well moisturized and that works well for me!
Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering whether I might be missing something that magically does something important. I have the feeling mine behave relatively well in normal circumstances, and moisturizing my hands as needed does the job.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally agree! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gorgeous!

Quote: Originally Posted by Olga Ok /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a beautiful color and application
 thanks!

this was my very first jelly sandwich, i think i might be hooked now!

I love both variations but I think I favor the top one. Something about it just looks so... juicy! lol

Manicure #2 Orange

Polishes I used:
Nailtini Mai Tai
Sinful Colors Clementine
Lancôme Vernis in Love Peach Melodie

Love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beautiful!

g.gif

I just got back from a five day backpacking trip (and now my nails and cuticles are trashed) and found this thread. I want to play! Here's my red:
Sally Hansen Unbreakable Heart

Now I love it [England Rose Bower] even more!

Manicure #2 Orange

Polishes I used:
Nailtini Mai Tai
Sinful Colors Clementine
Lame Vernis in Love Peach Melodie

So gorgeous! What do you use to get clean lines?

Quote: Originally Posted by msladyday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bondi Horny Mistress.... Not bad for one coat and no top coat.
Such a pretty color. Do you know if most of their line looks as good with just one coat?

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day 2: orange

Orange jelly sandwich

OPI fresh squeezed and spoiled shaken snow globe

That glimmer is so pretty!

Quote: Originally Posted by invisiblebike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  yup, you should never cut them. cutting opens up your cuticles to viruses. trust me, i learned the hard way (thanks to a salon that cut open my cuticle and made me bleed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Do you have any suggestions for better cuticles? I have crazy growing cuticles it seems and even when I do push them back, they build up.

Back