30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 1: Red (with bonus kitty nose!) 
smiletongue.gif

A England Rose Bower with Spectraflair topcoat 
Oh my goodness....cutest nose EVER!
wub.gif

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can't wait!! just did my nails. i'll probably take pictures tomorrow and post though. I'm sure mine won't be nearly as love as y'alls XD

on a slightly OT note, what does everyone use for cuticle remover? I'm a bad girl and don't usually use any ^^;; my cuticles are generally in good condition so I've never felt the need, but now I want to take them to the next level of Perfection lol. I've heard good things about the Sally Hansen one...
I swear by Deborah Lippmann's Cuticle Remover and Cuticle Oil. I push my cuticles back EVERY manicure.

I want to play along, too, if I may? Like others, I will try to keep up, but no promises. I need to get in the habit of doing nail changes more often. I am working on my red mani right now.

OH MY REDALICIOUS!

that is so cute Cookie!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day #1 - RED

Here's the polishes I'm wearing! -

From Top to Bottom: Bondi New York - Strawberry Fields, Julep - Coco, OPI - First Date at the Golden Gate, Bondi New York - Horny Mistress, and Sephora X - We Are in Luck Here

I definitely don't have the skills to do a lot of the manis on the list, but I think in gonna give it a whirl anyway. When I get home from work, I'll get my red going.

Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely don't have the skills to do a lot of the manis on the list, but I think in gonna give it a whirl anyway. When I get home from work, I'll get my red going.
That's part of the fun of the challenge, learning and trying new nail techniques! I'm pretty good at nails, but I've never tried some of the things on the challenge list, so I'm looking forward to trying them even if I fail at it....it'll still be new and fun! I can't wait to see what you and everyone else comes up with :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 1: Red (with bonus kitty nose!) 
smiletongue.gif

A England Rose Bower with Spectraflair topcoat 
Trix, don't forget to post this up on IG with our hashtag #30manis2013 if you want to! 

Thanks for this guys! I can't even tell you how many times I sit & stare at my polishes trying to figure out what I want to do with them & then usually just don't do anything! I just did my red mani & I'm excited. I feel like I accomplished something tonight! I will post pics tomorrow after its cleaned up a bit. With school starting for my kids on Tuesday, I was interrupted & bumped several times while painting with inquiries about 1st day of school outfits, hair, shoes, & more! The joys of having 3 girls in school. ;-). I've got red polish all over the place! Ha ha ha. Thanks again for the challenge. Will you please post "how to's" on some of the techniques as they come up? I can't wait to learn how to do some of these fun things I see on here all the time!

Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for this guys! I can't even tell you how many times I sit & stare at my polishes trying to figure out what I want to do with them & then usually just don't do anything!

I just did my red mani & I'm excited. I feel like I accomplished something tonight! I will post pics tomorrow after its cleaned up a bit. With school starting for my kids on Tuesday, I was interrupted & bumped several times while painting with inquiries about 1st day of school outfits, hair, shoes, & more! The joys of having 3 girls in school. ;-). I've got red polish all over the place! Ha ha ha.

Thanks again for the challenge. Will you please post "how to's" on some of the techniques as they come up? I can't wait to learn how to do some of these fun things I see on here all the time!
That's the great thing about this version of the challenge, we get to take our time in posting..so you just post whenever you can! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Some might post 'how to's' with their manicures, (I personally don't usually) so if there's anything you see that you would like to know more about, just ask and I'm sure anyone here would be happy to share details :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day one: RED!

I'm not a huge fan of red, i really only keep a couple bottles around for art purposes...so this one was a challenge to me...what to do besides just painting them red....so i did 

ANIME RED NAILS!

Nailtini bloody mary lined with sally hanson black out and accented with salon perfect sugar cube and a coat of NYC matte me crazy topcoat
Love this mani. I want to try it out soon!

I can't participate this time around.  I have finally broke down and accepted I need to treat my nails and not paint them for awhile. I started Nailtiques 2 plus yesterday. They have been peeling for so long they are now paper thin and need a break. I am going to really enjoy seeing what all you ladies come up with.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Trix, don't forget to post this up on IG with our hashtag #30manis2013 if you want to! 
Just did! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by invisiblebike /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol boop your kitty on da nose for me

how do you like a england polishes? i hear nothing but good things about them. i found a website that sells them in the US for 10 bucks a pop (not TOO bad).
This is the first one I've used and I really like it. It went on like buttah! I may thin it a skoche because it's a smidge on the goopy side but I think it's been sitting on a shelf for a while. I got it from a Llarowe scratch & dent mystery grab bag. I really love the colors they come up with and the fact that there isn't a feeding frenzy surrounding the brand so they're attainable as well as affordable. I also own Saint George, which is gorgeous, but I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping to work it in during the marathon somewhere. 
smilehappyyes.gif

& I have no idea what shade this is! It's OPI and the sticker fell off!

I am epically In love with both of these... I'm working on my red right now... 

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day one: RED!

I'm not a huge fan of red, i really only keep a couple bottles around for art purposes...so this one was a challenge to me...what to do besides just painting them red....so i did 

ANIME RED NAILS!

Nailtini bloody mary lined with sally hanson black out and accented with salon perfect sugar cube and a coat of NYC matte me crazy topcoat
I love this so much and I love how you put a shine line then covered it in matte!!!! so wonderful

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day #1 - RED

Here's the polishes I'm wearing! -

From Top to Bottom: Bondi New York - Strawberry Fields, Julep - Coco, OPI - First Date at the Golden Gate, Bondi New York - Horny Mistress, and Sephora X - We Are in Luck Here
I wish I could dot like that.  This is awesome!!!!

Day 2 orange.  I seriously am in love with this.  I did it by dipping straws into the polish.  I didn't want to take this off.

Day 1: Red I used Bondi Horny Mistress as my base color & added Julep's Fireworks on the tips. It's the first time I've done the tip thing & it doesn't look great, but I'm sure the more I try it it will get better each time. Plus it's a mess from kids bumping into me several times while painting. Ha ha ha. But I did it! I feel like I accomplished something. Wahoo!

Sorry ladies, I'm super busy with family stuff this weekend. I'll join later on and post a few manis retrospectively :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 2 orange.  I seriously am in love with this.  I did it by dipping straws into the polish.  I didn't want to take this off.

I'm in love with this too Donna!
goldcup.gif
I've never seen this effect before and it looks fantastic - there will be some copying of this in my future, I think.
wub.gif
But I haven't even posted red yet!

Back