30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not a big fan of orange, so tried a sponge paint effect. Bondi Chasing the Sun with Zoya Jacqueline and Channing:

My favourite of them is your index finger. Maybe because of this mani you'll start to enjoy orange more!

Whew, this week has been CRAZY! It's the first week back at the studio so I have been bombarded with paperwork galore, plus I'm doubling as Office Manager AND teacher this year so more crazy! LOL Regardless...here is my...

ORANGE Mani!

From Left to right - OPI Black Onyx (stripes), Nailtini Mai Tai (stripes), Bondi Chasing the Sun (base color), OPI Liquid Sand Jinx (stripes) and I used Bondi's I'm Vers as my top and bottom coat!

Whew, this week has been CRAZY! It's the first week back at the studio so I have been bombarded with paperwork galore, plus I'm doubling as Office Manager AND teacher this year so more crazy! LOL Regardless...here is my... ORANGE Mani!
From Left to right - OPI Black Onyx (stripes), Nailtini Mai Tai (stripes), Bondi Chasing the Sun (base color), OPI Liquid Sand Jinx (stripes) and I used Bondi's I'm Vers as my top and bottom coat!
Positively wild!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Whew, this week has been CRAZY! It's the first week back at the studio so I have been bombarded with paperwork galore, plus I'm doubling as Office Manager AND teacher this year so more crazy! LOL Regardless...here is my...

ORANGE Mani!

THEY'RE GR-R-REAT!! 

icon_lol.gif

ORANGE Mani!

Fierce!

Whew, this week has been CRAZY! It's the first week back at the studio so I have been bombarded with paperwork galore, plus I'm doubling as Office Manager AND teacher this year so more crazy! LOL Regardless...here is my... ORANGE Mani!
So cute!

ORANGE Mani!

That is super sweet! Takes me back to my Mizzou days!

Sorry, ladies, scratch me out. I decided to do the original 31 day nail marathon instead because I realized I will actually have time to do it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Loving all the beautiful manis btw!

Scratch me out, too...I'm just too lazy and uninspired this week. But I have been catching up today with threads so maybe I will post occasionally? Love everything I've seen so far! Most memorable one from the reds had to be Cookie's dotticure! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that one and may have to copy at some point, that's how much I love it! Esp. the dots forming the heart shape ... can I gush enough??? Am I making you blush yet, Cookie???

Quote: Originally Posted by jordiemac3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Gorgeous! If only I have the patience (or skill) to do this myself. 
Thank-you very much! I'm really just a beginner, so you'd be surprised what you can manage with a few tools!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great mani! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Thank-you so much MissTrix! I'm so happy there are so many sources of inspiration here, like your awesome manis!

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2. Orange

I got a stripper today so I had to play with it. This is China Glaze Riveting with white acrylic striping. I used Piggy Polish Ivory League underneath to lighten/brighten up the orange.
What a beautiful effect! How do you find the Piggy Polishes? Are they water-based?

ORANGE Mani!

This looks great! I find that many times, the smart simple design looks better than the super complex one, and this is one of those times. The idea comes across, it looks fantastically geometric, and I deny that it would be simple for me to do, but might have to try it for animal print!

Mani #2 - ORANGE

For orange, I liked this more than expected! It's not my favourite colour and I only have one orange - Bondi Chasing the Sun. So I pulled a sheet from nikkimouse's book and created a few different shades with Bondi Central Park Blossom and Zoya Chloe & Tinsley. Then I used them and Bondi Strawberry Fields and Sally Hansen White On for details.

This photo is most colour accurate for the final result:

Natural light:

Flash:

i'm kinda scratched off this one too, so far i've been keeping up with the original 31 day challenge, but if i do one i can't part with i plan to keep it for days,lol! but i'm still following this thread cause you all have such beautimous and creative nails!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Positively wild!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THEY'RE GR-R-REAT!! 

icon_lol.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Fierce!

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So cute!

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is super sweet! Takes me back to my Mizzou days!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This looks great! I find that many times, the smart simple design looks better than the super complex one, and this is one of those times. The idea comes across, it looks fantastically geometric, and I deny that it would be simple for me to do, but might have to try it for animal print!

Thanks so much everyone! and LOL MissTrix! Love it!
laughno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by msladyday /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sephora by OPI : Paisley Attention to Me

Your manis are always so clean and perfect, I love it!
heart.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My orange mani...OPI Sephora I Think I Cayenne topped with Nailtini Millionaire. Crappy picture...but you get the idea!

I love Nailtini's Millionaire! I haven't used it since I received it in my Glam Bag, but I'm thinking I need to pull it out soon.
smilehappyyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2. Orange

I got a stripper today so I had to play with it. This is China Glaze Riveting with white acrylic striping. I used Piggy Polish Ivory League underneath to lighten/brighten up the orange.

Your striping is so fantastic! Absolutely perfect! GORGEOUS!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mani #2 - ORANGE

For orange, I liked this more than expected! It's not my favourite colour and I only have one orange - Bondi Chasing the Sun. So I pulled a sheet from nikkimouse's book and created a few different shades with Bondi Central Park Blossom and Zoya Chloe & Tinsley. Then I used them and Bondi Strawberry Fields and Sally Hansen White On for details.

This photo is most colour accurate for the final result:

Natural light:

Flash:

OH MY, MY, MY....this is STUNNING! I love how you brought it all together! I'm especially madly in love with the dotted middle finger nail
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i'm kinda scratched off this one too, so far i've been keeping up with the original 31 day challenge, but if i do one i can't part with i plan to keep it for days,lol! but i'm still following this thread cause you all have such beautimous and creative nails!

All you have to do (to post both places) is save your 31 day challenge pics and post here during the time frame for that nail art task (there's an easy to follow chart in the first post that has all the dates for each nail art phase). This marathon is all about keeping the manicures on for a few days, so you don't get behind on the 31 day challenge if it takes longer than a day to do them, if that makes sense lol. Posting in the 31 day thread doesn't restrict anyone from posting here as well. 

Orange:
I smeared my pointer finger while putting on top coat, but it wasn't worth it to fix it. I used Julep Eileen, Nailtini Mai Tai, NYC Black Lace, and OPI Not Another Polish Joke.

Orange:
I smeared my pointer finger while putting on top coat, but it wasn't worth it to fix it. I used Julep Eileen, Nailtini Mai Tai, NYC Black Lace, and OPI Not Another Polish Joke.
I love the butterfly!

Latest posts

Back