31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 24: a book

Tick Tock by Dean Koontz

Sally Hanson Black out and Salon Perfect Sugar cube

not my most creative but it looks a lot like the cover and i do love all his books and this was the first that i knew what to do for it,lol

i'm pretty unfashionable...so for fashion i just did nail art fashion and used it as an excuse to practice with my fimo fruits,lol

The polish is OPI a Like-Haley Story, used fimo fruit slices and an UNGODLY amount of I'm Vers and clearly quick. also used a big ol' dab of nail glue on each slice to hold the edges down. I did them a few days ago and they lasted up until i removed it to do something different.

I guess you could say what i'm wearing now is military fashion...lol (really i just wanted to use the polishes) that one is Square Hue Valor and Milani Hi-Tech

Not really feeling my fashion...it's based on a dress I saw.  It's dizzying! 

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just watched The Outsiders on netflix lol.

I love the colours Donna!

These both scare me a bit, but have a level of cuteness too. Why for Dexter? Because they're pink and purple! (and red). Objective achieved!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day 24: a book

Tick Tock by Dean Koontz

Sally Hanson Black out and Salon Perfect Sugar cube

not my most creative but it looks a lot like the cover and i do love all his books and this was the first that i knew what to do for it,lol

Book:

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i'm pretty unfashionable...so for fashion i just did nail art fashion and used it as an excuse to practice with my fimo fruits,lol

The polish is OPI a Like-Haley Story, used fimo fruit slices and an UNGODLY amount of I'm Vers and clearly quick. also used a big ol' dab of nail glue on each slice to hold the edges down. I did them a few days ago and they lasted up until i removed it to do something different.

I guess you could say what i'm wearing now is military fashion...lol (really i just wanted to use the polishes) that one is Square Hue Valor and Milani Hi-Tech

I really love your fimo fruit, especially with the sugary tops. So great! The "sugar" is such a nice feature. And it's super that you got it to last so well given the day-to-day. I've always thought about doing a fimo fruit mani - just haven't gotten to it yet - no fruit either. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The greens are great, but the pink is where it's at - I think I'm holding on to summer.
doze.gif

Not really feeling my fashion...it's based on a dress I saw.  It's dizzying! 

I love the red & white combo, and the dots are great. My fave is the simplest one, though - the middle finger.
satisfied.gif

Unfortunately, my nails gave in and I had to cut them very short, so this is my last challenge submission.

Inspired by Dries van Noten Summer 2013 collection.

day 26, pattern..i did argyle pattern

used bondi fools and essence mr. rusty. did the dotted lines with a sharpie pen.

we are almost there ladies...after this i'm taking AT LEAST a couple weeks off with nothing but Nail Tek II and cuticle cream and oils touching my nails! my nails have never been in good shape to begin with, but they are so thin and flaky...yes flaky, now. they need major lovin!

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Unfortunately, my nails gave in and I had to cut them very short, so this is my last challenge submission.

Inspired by Dries van Noten Summer 2013 collection.

Wow! This is a beautiful colour combination. Now I know when I get to this theme, I really should look at some fashion show images for the inspiration, rather than using the concept of fashion as the inspiration. I'm sorry to hear about your nails.

used bondi fools and essence mr. rusty. did the dotted lines with a sharpie pen.

So beautiful! I'm surprised by how yellow and bright Fools' is on you. Do you have a unique base under it?

I love this manicure, it looks so neat and tidy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And the color combo is beautiful!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! This is a beautiful colour combination. Now I know when I get to this theme, I really should look at some fashion show images for the inspiration, rather than using the concept of fashion as the inspiration. I'm sorry to hear about your nails.
Thank you Monika! I used to google other people's manicures to get inspiration for the challenges, but I found that my nail art is always more creative when I simply search for anything other than nails :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw a commercial with the Bay City Roller's Saturday Night song in it.  I was 12 when they were every little girl's wet dream lol.  Oy. 

This is another squarehue polish.  I love this so much.  I am becoming a giant fan of their polishes and I really wish they had the attention Bondi gets.  It's a great sub and the polishes are to die for.  The bottle is fantastic too.

I saw a commercial with the Bay City Roller's Saturday Night song in it.  I was 12 when they were every little girl's wet dream lol.  Oy. 

This is another squarehue polish.  I love this so much.  I am becoming a giant fan of their polishes and I really wish they had the attention Bondi gets.  It's a great sub and the polishes are to die for.  The bottle is fantastic too.

The color is beautiful! I've been keeping an eye on Square Hue ever since they launched, and even considered subscribing at some point, but at this time it makes more sense to me to support 5-free companies like Zoya and Bondi rather than 3-free.

Yeah.  I don't care about 3-4-5 whatever free.  Everything is poison and a little poison polish isn't going to make a difference now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The color is beautiful! I've been keeping an eye on Square Hue ever since they launched, and even considered subscribing at some point, but at this time it makes more sense to me to support 5-free companies like Zoya and Bondi rather than 3-free.

You know, I just realized that your mani above reminds me of England :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The red and the plaid, all look so British!

I did it because I was thinking of the Bay City Rollers after seeing a commercial featuring one of their songs.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, I just realized that your mani above reminds me of England :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The red and the plaid, all look so British!

It's so lovely Donna! How do you do the thin lines in this context?

Latest posts

Back