31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go! Day One: Red

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very pretty!  I just took off a mani using that...you can or maybe already did see it on the npywt thread.  It stained something fierce.
Ugh.  Something told me to use a basecoat and I didnt't either!

Day one! I will only be using an iPhone to take photos so I hope they turn out okay. I chose to do a slight gradient...I love dark reds!
Great job so far ladies! Starting strong on MUT!

Day one: RED!

I'm not a huge fan of red, i really only keep a coupl bottles around for art purposes...so this one was a challenge to me...what to do besides just painting them red....so i did 

ANIME RED NAILS!

Nailtini bloody mary lined with sally hanson black out and accented with salon perfect sugar cube

oh and i have no idea why my fingers look pink in this photo, they arent...weird...

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day one: RED!

I'm not a huge fan of red, i really only keep a coupl bottles around for art purposes...so this one was a challenge to me...what to do besides just painting them red....so i did 

ANIME RED NAILS!

Nailtini bloody mary lined with sally hanson black out and accented with salon perfect sugar cube

Ooooh!  Did you paint the black first then red or did you outline in black?  I tried this once and it looked weird!  Great job.

Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooh!  Did you paint the black first then red or did you outline in black?  I tried this once and it looked weird!  Great job.
thanks, i did the red first then outlined. i do almost all my nail art free hand so outlines are fairly easy for me now...more so than trying to get red to cover black,lol.

Day 2: Orange nails.  September is already turning out to be the best months for me in a long time for various reasons.  I just got my tickets to book signing and speaking engagement with the cat daddy himself Jackson Galaxy in 2 weeks and I am beyond excited.  So for this manicure I wanted to share that enthusiasm and give a special tribute to a very special cat.

This is my rendition of my cat Link.  Awhile back in the NotD thread, I mentioned my friend who passed away from Leukemia and his mother that was getting a transplant.  Link was his cat.  Due to his health, Link had to find a new home.  At the time I already had as many cats as I wanted but Link had nowhere to go so I took him in.  Now he's really all I have left of my friend and it makes me happy I could help him.  I used Cover Girl Peaches & Cream (a very old polish from the 90's) as my base.  I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Man-go Team! by the Saran Wrap method.  I then hand painted the facial details using Sinful Colors Black on Black and Snow Me White. His chin is sponged on.  For this eyes I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Chartreuse Chase and his nose is China Glaze textured polish in Itty, Bitty & Gritty.  It is supposed to have some black in it his nose is freckled. Apparently it smudged when I added my Seche Vite top coat but it's still bumpy which is exactly what I wanted for a cat's nose!!!  Lastly I used Maybelline Spiced Pumpkin (also super old) and hand painted all the other stripes.  I did my pinkie basically in the base and orange shade then hand painted it with the pumpkin shade too.  It looked stupid in the pictures so I left it off.  My right hand is that way too I suppose to simulate his fur.  Words can not express how much I adore this.  I didn't want to go conventional orange shades and I think it looks like him, sad/grumpy face and all.

He's on a green table in front of a green screen I use in photography/video making in my office.  I didn't really have the ambition to move him off so I apologize for the in your face color.  Yes, my entire back wall is this color.  /LOVE.  I am posting this as well the night before because I am going to be tied up tomorrow and may not get a chance to post until late although I hope to be checking in on everything you ladies are doing!!!

Day 2: Orange nails.  September is already turning out to be the best months for me in a long time for various reasons.  I just got my tickets to book signing and speaking engagement with the cat daddy himself Jackson Galaxy in 2 weeks and I am beyond excited.  So for this manicure I wanted to share that enthusiasm and give a special tribute to a very special cat.

This is my rendition of my cat Link.  Awhile back in the NotD thread, I mentioned my friend who passed away from Leukemia and his mother that was getting a transplant.  Link was his cat.  Due to his health, Link had to find a new home.  At the time I already had as many cats as I wanted but Link had nowhere to go so I took him in.  Now he's really all I have left of my friend and it makes me happy I could help him.  I used Cover Girl Peaches & Cream (a very old polish from the 90's) as my base.  I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Man-go Team! by the Saran Wrap method.  I then hand painted the facial details using Sinful Colors Black on Black and Snow Me White. His chin is sponged on.  For this eyes I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Chartreuse Chase and his nose is China Glaze textured polish in Itty, Bitty & Gritty.  It is supposed to have some black in it his nose is freckled. Apparently it smudged when I added my Seche Vite top coat but it's still bumpy which is exactly what I wanted for a cat's nose!!!  Lastly I used Maybelline Spiced Pumpkin (also super old) and hand painted all the other stripes.  I did my pinkie basically in the base and orange shade then hand painted it with the pumpkin shade too.  It looked stupid in the pictures so I left it off.  My right hand is that way too I suppose to simulate his fur.  Words can not express how much I adore this.  I didn't want to go conventional orange shades and I think it looks like him, sad/grumpy face and all.

He's on a green table in front of a green screen I use in photography/video making in my office.  I didn't really have the ambition to move him off so I apologize for the in your face color.  Yes, my entire back wall is this color.  /LOVE.  I am posting this as well the night before because I am going to be tied up tomorrow and may not get a chance to post until late although I hope to be checking in on everything you ladies are doing!!!
aww the nails are so so so cute! he's a cutie!

So clever!  That's awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 2 orange.  After seeing Christa's, mine don't thrill me nearly as much as they did.  

So I went ahead and made an inLinkz for this challenge.  Basically, you add your link to it so people can see who all is participating and click through to your blog.  I have zero clue what the URL is to allow someone to add themselves but you can go to my blog, scroll to the bottom of one of the posts and you'll see an "add your link" button then you can copy some code to paste into the bottom of each of your daily posts which links the same box which allows you to let people see who is participating and so on and so forth.

This is seriously not a way for me to plug my site...no one reads it and I don't much care.  My point in starting it was to track my progress to see if I get better at doing my nails and maybe to blog about my progress to becoming a nail tech but so far that last part hasn't happened since I suck at blogging.

Day 2: orange

Orange jelly sandwich (marmalade nails)

OPI fresh squeezed and spoiled shaken snow globe

Day 3: yellow

Bondi Brick Road and sally hanson lightening along with some gold square nail studs

(not like you can tell,its barely visible irl,but the accent is half each color vertically separated by the studs)

and yes i am aware my nail lengths keep changing( i'm wearing artificials for the challenge then i will be taking a break to let my nails recover)

Day 3: Yellow nails.  For today's nail art I really didn't think outside the box and I imagine there will be a ton of these.  With that being said I have been dying to try it and I am extremely happy with the results.  I am not happy, however, with my computer.  My memory card reader is reformatting every memory stick I put in it.  (3 so far).  Boo!!  Normally I take my pics with my iPhone (which this one was) and they are "so so" but serve a purpose.  I wanted a really good photo of these and it just seems to elude me.  So I will be spending my day searching for my other card reader or the Sony cables to download the clear pics.  Until then, please forgive the terrible quality and enjoy my minions.

The middle finger is my favorite.  My boyfriend said it looked like I used googly eyes!  For the base color I chose Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening.  The blue is Revlon top speed in Superstitious which is awesome!  I just picked it up at Walgreens on closeout for like $1.75!!  The smile. pupils, and glasses straps are Sinful Colors Black on Black.  The glasses frames are China Glaze Holographic in Cosmic Dust.  The eyeballs are Sinful Colors Snow Me White and the tongue on the one minion is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Fuschia Flare. I seriously don't want to take them off for a the green challenge!!!!! 

Day 3: Yellow nails.  For today's nail art I really didn't think outside the box and I imagine there will be a ton of these.  With that being said I have been dying to try it and I am extremely happy with the results.  I am not happy, however, with my computer.  My memory card reader is reformatting every memory stick I put in it.  (3 so far).  Boo!!  Normally I take my pics with my iPhone (which this one was) and they are "so so" but serve a purpose.  I wanted a really good photo of these and it just seems to elude me.  So I will be spending my day searching for my other card reader or the Sony cables to download the clear pics.  Until then, please forgive the terrible quality and enjoy my minions.

The middle finger is my favorite.  My boyfriend said it looked like I used googly eyes!  For the base color I chose Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening.  The blue is Revlon top speed in Superstitious which is awesome!  I just picked it up at Walgreens on closeout for like $1.75!!  The smile. pupils, and glasses straps are Sinful Colors Black on Black.  The glasses frames are China Glaze Holographic in Cosmic Dust.  The eyeballs are Sinful Colors Snow Me White and the tongue on the one minion is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Fuschia Flare. I seriously don't want to take them off for a the green challenge!!!!! 
i love it( and i imagine quite a few of these on movie day and today for yellow)...but its just too cute! great job!

So I went ahead and made an inLinkz for this challenge.  Basically, you add your link to it so people can see who all is participating and click through to your blog.  I have zero clue what the URL is to allow someone to add themselves but you can go to my blog, scroll to the bottom of one of the posts and you'll see an "add your link" button then you can copy some code to paste into the bottom of each of your daily posts which links the same box which allows you to let people see who is participating and so on and so forth.

This is seriously not a way for me to plug my site...no one reads it and I don't much care.  My point in starting it was to track my progress to see if I get better at doing my nails and maybe to blog about my progress to becoming a nail tech but so far that last part hasn't happened since I suck at blogging.
I am going to try and figure this out today.  My blog is in baby stages but hey we all start somewhere!

Here's my red.  I did it with a pin and some of my favs from the Minnie Couture collection.

This collection was a my JC Penny's yesterday marked down to 6.99 ea.  I am waiting for it to go down a bit more then I plan on snatching them up.  Do you have the glitter too? 

Day 2 orange.  After seeing Christa's, mine don't thrill me nearly as much as they did.  

Love, love, love!

I am going to try and figure this out today.  My blog is in baby stages but hey we all start somewhere!
same here, i just started mine the other day, but its more for seeing the progress to see if i get any better than anything else,lol

Back