31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same here, i just started mine the other day, but its more for seeing the progress to see if i get any better than anything else,lol

I totally screwed this up and put my red with her orange and now I can't link my orange.  Curse you In Linkz

That is just so pretty.  I love the shape of your nails.  So much!

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day 2: orange

Orange jelly sandwich (marmalade nails)

OPI fresh squeezed and spoiled shaken snow globe

You just paste a piece of code into your posts, the thingy shows up and people see who is participating.  I've never used it before but I've seen it in action and I've spend many a lunch hour surfing through the  added links.  It seems cool.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am going to try and figure this out today.  My blog is in baby stages but hey we all start somewhere!

I'd snap  it up at $7.  I think it goes for upwards of $15 on amazon.  I first bought the minis, then I bought the regular sizes because I <3 them so much!  I have all the colours now.  There's one liquid sand and I can't remember if there's one or two glitters...I might be confusing it with a different collection or colour since my OPI are all laid out by shade, in quick look I see two glitters near each other in that section.

This is seriously one of my 2 fav OPI collections...the other being the euro centrale collection.

This collection was a my JC Penny's yesterday marked down to 6.99 ea.  I am waiting for it to go down a bit more then I plan on snatching them up.  Do you have the glitter too? 

I did a yellow and gold gradient for day 3.  I'm not a big fan of yellow nails but I actually kind of liked this.  It's a lot more delineated in real life...the picture doesn't show the gradient that well.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd snap  it up at $7.  I think it goes for upwards of $15 on amazon.  I first bought the minis, then I bought the regular sizes because I <3 them so much!  I have all the colours now.  There's one liquid sand and I can't remember if there's one or two glitters...I might be confusing it with a different collection or colour since my OPI are all laid out by shade, in quick look I see two glitters near each other in that section.

This is seriously one of my 2 fav OPI collections...the other being the euro centrale collection.
They had one bottle of the textured red which I might kick myself for not getting because I haven't seen in many places plus they had a sale of an extra 20% off.  I picked Jinx from the Bond Girls textured for $3.99 with 20% off.  I had been looking at them just a week ago and they were 6.99 too. 

This is the glitter I mean they had 2 of these there https://www.google.com/search?q=minnie+style+opi&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RSomUo3zGpLtqAH8jYGQDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1320&bih=669#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=AQdrJrOhwO4YbM%3A%3B4c8h1pRrV-kCmM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.joyluscious.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F05%252Fjoyluscious_opi_minniestyle2.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.joyluscious.com%252F%253Fcat%253D40%3B800%3B600

Good lord that's a huge link sorry LOL.

That's why I started mine...I just want to see how I come along.  And to photo bomb pics of my grandbaby but I just photo bomb facebook with the baby instead lol.  I had a blog not related to anything specific for 8 years and gave it up when facebook took over the blogging world.  I didn't expect to ever want to blog again three years after closing that blog but I'm gonna give it a try.  I fully expect to be a sucktastic "go without blogging for months" blogger this time around...or this challenge could spark a desire to blog everyday.  Who knows?

same here, i just started mine the other day, but its more for seeing the progress to see if i get any better than anything else,lol

I have 2 glitters from the Minnie collection, Minnie Style and Nothin' Mousie About It.  I thought there was only two!

They had one bottle of the textured red which I might kick myself for not getting because I haven't seen in many places plus they had a sale of an extra 20% off.  I picked Jinx from the Bond Girls textured for $3.99 with 20% off.  I had been looking at them just a week ago and they were 6.99 too. 

This is the glitter I mean they had 2 of these there https://www.google.com/search?q=minnie+style+opi&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RSomUo3zGpLtqAH8jYGQDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1320&bih=669#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=AQdrJrOhwO4YbM%3A%3B4c8h1pRrV-kCmM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.joyluscious.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F05%252Fjoyluscious_opi_minniestyle2.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.joyluscious.com%252F%253Fcat%253D40%3B800%3B600

Good lord that's a huge link sorry LOL.

I have 2 glitters from the Minnie collection, Minnie Style and Nothin' Mousie About It.  I thought there was only two!
I have only seen Minnie Style.  Now I want the other one!!!  Well I want them both! Guess I will have to do some more looking around.  Maybe the other JCP Salon near me has it too.

Day 4: Green nails.

I love and loathe these at the same time.  I wanted to think outside the box but I think in the case of the pointer, middle and ring fingers less would have been more.  By the time I realized it I had already gone too far to go back.  Here's what I used.  For the base on all 5 I used China Glaze textured polish in In the Rough.  I thought it was destiny to do a golf theme with a polish name like that! I sponged on Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in the colors Jumpin' Jade (darker green) and In Record Lime (lighter green) to show the rough and appear to be like grass or trees.  I then used Sinful Colors Snow Me White to make the ball and outlined it with Sinful Colors Black on Black.  For the flag poleI again tried to use the holographic polish Cosmic Dust by China Glaze but you can barely see it so I outlined it with the black as well.  The flag is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening.  I added the water traps as an after thought and they are Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Blue-Away.  Now for my favorite part.  The "sand trap" was painted with Sinful Colors Satin which is my favorite nude shade.  When I realized how off it looked I remembered that we had some ballast for covering Warhammer 40K model bases in the other room and I found it.  I used Seche Vite as a glue.  I know somewhere I even have some flocking we have used to make grassy looking terrain and that would have added an even more interesting element.  No top coat of course.  It was incredibly fun to do but drove me nuts with the ballast on my fingers.  Cleanup was incredibly painful as you might see my fingers are a bit green tinged. There was Seche covered grains all over the brush I normally use for clean up. 

What do you guys think?  Don't be surprised if you see another green manicure at some point later on.  Also sorry about the background in this photo it was the one with the best color but my messy desk is behind it.  /runs and hides in shame.

Day 4: Green nails.

I love and loathe these at the same time.  I wanted to think outside the box but I think in the case of the pointer, middle and ring fingers less would have been more.  By the time I realized it I had already gone too far to go back.  Here's what I used.  For the base on all 5 I used China Glaze textured polish in In the Rough.  I thought it was destiny to do a golf theme with a polish name like that! I sponged on Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in the colors Jumpin' Jade (darker green) and In Record Lime (lighter green) to show the rough and appear to be like grass or trees.  I then used Sinful Colors Snow Me White to make the ball and outlined it with Sinful Colors Black on Black.  For the flag poleI again tried to use the holographic polish Cosmic Dust by China Glaze but you can barely see it so I outlined it with the black as well.  The flag is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening.  I added the water traps as an after thought and they are Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Blue-Away.  Now for my favorite part.  The "sand trap" was painted with Sinful Colors Satin which is my favorite nude shade.  When I realized how off it looked I remembered that we had some ballast for covering Warhammer 40K model bases in the other room and I found it.  I used Seche Vite as a glue.  I know somewhere I even have some flocking we have used to make grassy looking terrain and that would have added an even more interesting element.  No top coat of course.  It was incredibly fun to do but drove me nuts with the ballast on my fingers.  Cleanup was incredibly painful as you might see my fingers are a bit green tinged. There was Seche covered grains all over the brush I normally use for clean up. 

What do you guys think?  Don't be surprised if you see another green manicure at some point later on.  Also sorry about the background in this photo it was the one with the best color but my messy desk is behind it.  /runs and hides in shame.

I'm enjoying the variety of textures and the multi-nail picture. I've learned a little trick for the problem of going to far with my nails as I experiment with skills. I've sometimes started taking photos of my nails at a stage I like. Then, if I'm tempted to keep on going, I can add a touch, re-photograph, and continue. Sometimes it's been the case of less was more. 
2.gif
I have to contend with wearing/removing a mani that is not as good as it was before, but at least I have the photo from when it was better.
icon_wink.gif

Day 3: Yellow nails.  For today's nail art I really didn't think outside the box and I imagine there will be a ton of these.  With that being said I have been dying to try it and I am extremely happy with the results.  I am not happy, however, with my computer.  My memory card reader is reformatting every memory stick I put in it.  (3 so far).  Boo!!  Normally I take my pics with my iPhone (which this one was) and they are "so so" but serve a purpose.  I wanted a really good photo of these and it just seems to elude me.  So I will be spending my day searching for my other card reader or the Sony cables to download the clear pics.  Until then, please forgive the terrible quality and enjoy my minions.

The middle finger is my favorite.  My boyfriend said it looked like I used googly eyes!  For the base color I chose Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening.  The blue is Revlon top speed in Superstitious which is awesome!  I just picked it up at Walgreens on closeout for like $1.75!!  The smile. pupils, and glasses straps are Sinful Colors Black on Black.  The glasses frames are China Glaze Holographic in Cosmic Dust.  The eyeballs are Sinful Colors Snow Me White and the tongue on the one minion is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Fuschia Flare. I seriously don't want to take them off for a the green challenge!!!!! 
Looking at the photo in the thread, I totally thought they looked like googly eyes too! So Cute.

day 4: green!

Lizzard eyes,lol

Bondi in the limelight,salon perfect in sugar cube, and sally hanson in black out.(i love how the white over green gives it a greenish yellow lizard eye look.lol

Lizzard eyes,lol

Bondi in the limelight,salon perfect in sugar cube, and sally hanson in black out.(i love how the white over green gives it a greenish yellow lizard eye look.lol

OMG I love this!!  Fantastic job they are perfect!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Day 4 green.  I used a fan brush.

I had a question but realized you answered it.  Looks awesome I would to try that technique.  I have never used my fan brushes.

I love this! i'm going to borrow this for another challenge,lol

Quote:

Day 4 green.  I used a fan brush.

That looks so cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lizzard eyes,lol

Most people do the fan brush thing sideways.  I just went lengthwise cuz I could lol.  I like the watercolour look.  I have done 3 manis from pictures ass backwards and liked them better than the original.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a question but realized you answered it.  Looks awesome I would to try that technique.  I have never used my fan brushes.

Day 5...blue!

Did a sponge painting mess of blue goodness with bondi blue skies as the base, salon pefect sugar cube, and pure ice in french kiss,smoothed out with seche vite.

Back