8 a day Challenge....(WATER)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this 64 fl. oz. like on the bottle labels?

If so this means I can drink a little over 3 of my 20 fl. oz. waterbottles and that'll be good?

Units of measure always confuse me :icon_conf

WAHOOO! If you wouldn't mind, can you get a pic of before and post it. We want to compare at the end - in a month or a little longer and see how each and everyone of our skin improves - AND HEALTH!

So Yep, I did it! I made it through my first day ALL 64 oz of it! I was hoping to get my water in before 6 p.m. so I wasn't up all night.....I will see how that goes tomorrow morning!

Great start everyone! I can't stop this having to urinate feeling....I'm sure it will pass though.

I want in! I'm not going to post pictures...but lately I've been drinking an extra 20 oz (Vitamin Water) and I've noticed my skin looking better! And it's only been for a few days! Crazy! I usually only drink like a glass a day...so it's kind of hard to do...but it seems like a good idea!

So, first day

i wake up at 12 =P went out so i didnt start drinking water till 5. but im on my5th. and im not going to sleep soon so.

i didnt drink anything else.

no coffee, no tea, no soda

i didnt pee more than usualy either but im only at my 5th.

I met my goal for today and I also reintroduced myself to the ladies room at work... lol

How did everyone else do?

Glad to hear everyone met their goal! I did ok, met my goal of 8 glasses, but didn't exceed it by much which is what I would have liked to do. Tomorrow's another day!

We'd love to see your pictures, but if you're not comfortable with posting them, that's fine! Join us anyway, as long as you reach your goal and get the results you'd like it's all good!

its a little past midnight. i didnt do so well! gah! i only drank one 20 oz water. i told my boyfriend about this and he went out and bought me a TON of water from sams club. they're all ready for me to bring to work tomorrow. i hope i have a better day!

YIKES! Oh and with the drinking too much, my doctor told me that too, that a person can drink too much also....but it takes ALOT to drink too much, and me personally will never have that problem, coming from drinking 1 glass a day.....

So wow, is it 16 oz in a pound then X by 1/2 your weight, or is it 1 ounce of water per 1 pound of your body weight (divided in half of course), cuz that makes more sense and that is darn close to the 64 oz we are talking about, interesting!

Good morning everyone! Been up an hour and drank 10 oz. So far, so good!

Breathless, your boyfriend is so sweet! Bottled water is great since you can know for sure how much you're drinking, plus it's so portable. Hope you do better today! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kim, I heard of that factor too and it makes sense. People come in all different sizes and water intake should be based off of individual need, not some universal amount. Sooo, based off of this rule, I need 64.5 oz per day as a minimum amount. Now, if I weighed 105 lbs, I would need a minimum of 52.5 oz. But I don't. My ass and scale tell me so. :icon_redf

I have a water story from years ago. One time I used to live with two guys, one who was a major pot head. I accepted a job and was scheduled for a piss test to screen for drugs. Because of my roomie's daily habit and the fact the house would get smokey from lit weed, I was concerned that I would fail the test! For two days, I drank a load of water to clean out my system and fortunately I passed the test. But after two days of drinking all that water my skin looked unusually good! Really soft and clear. Then of course I went right back to Diet Coke and I started looking like my old self. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Adding - drinking too much water can cause hyponatremia, or water intoxication. This is caused by the dilution of sodium in the body and mostly happens to endurance athletes because they lose minerals and salts and do not replace them adequately during their events, though it can happen by drinking too much water at once. This is a LOT of water, though. More than you would even consider drinking at once! I remember that college fraternity pledge that died earlier this year from hyponatremia, but he drank *gallons* of water at one time! Not something we can do by accident.

Ok, I'm two days into the challenge already. Yesterday, I had 9 glasses of water and today (about an hour or so before sleeptime), I've already hit 10 glasses. Am very pleased with my progress. :icon_chee

Yea Us!!!! Great job everyone! Kim (I hope you don't mind me using your name or should I be calling you "Naturally") my weight and water thing says my normal water intake should be around 70 oz....I too could stand to loose a few....and I believe I will without trying on this water kick. I like what KittySkyfish said...."my ars and scale tell me so".....that's about it isn't it?

I can't wait to see my skin tomorrow (2 days in), KittySkyfish, you said your skin looked awesome in 2 days worth of drinking a ton of water....ok, maybe I'll give it a few more days, because I'm not drinking a TON.....just my normal amount now. Actually, this morning I do feel a bit more MOIST....even just after one day.....

breathless you'll do better today, and that was awefully sweet of your honey! qristeele.....wahoo for you!:clap

And to everyone, if I didn't quote you or comment directly to you.....WAY TO GO!!!!!

About 10:00 a.m. here - I'm at 24oz. Pretty good! I'm using one of those 64oz plastic bottles that have notches every 8oz. Really convenient for me because I can monitor my progress throughout the day.

kwitter - you mentioned we can speak out if we lose weight. I think that's a good idea! It would be interesting to see if drinking extra water would cause a loss in excess weight, whether it be by replacing beverages that have calories or by improving the metabolism.

I'm not going to be a good candidate because there are other influences that will affect my weight. I'm on a plan to extremely cut back on junky snacking, plus I'm doing exercises every day. In less than 8 weeks my husband and I will be in Maui and we made a pact to look our best! But your challenge comes at a great time for me because I believe this will help me to achieve my goal. :clap I'm excited!

Back