A Date with the Oscars 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it doesn't but in all fairness it is her. She has a very big reputation of being very odd... along with her common law hub Tim Burton.
Of course. Now it makes sense. I can totally see the style influence of her husband.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Helena Bonham Carter
I would file this under... Wha happen???
Frumpy doesn't really work on the red carpet.

But that's her style. Every single awards show she's at she looks like a hot mess be it her hair, makeup and/or dress. I've never seen her at any red carpet event looking polished and actually would be shocked if she ever DID do a polished look. She's a beautiful woman but her style is... well weird (and not weird in a good way).

Here's Robin Roberts. LOVE the dress and her MUA did a cobalt blue eye on her. So happy it wasn't muted makeup.

Have you seen Robin Roberts dress yet? I saw it on Twitter and thought she wasn't wearing a bracelet but it turns out she is. Can't stand it since it's too muted (the bracelet) and her makeup is also too muted. I'm sorry but what were the MUAs thinking? The nude on nude makeup is just TOO boring. I feel like just a pop of color is needed since we're going into spring so why not a hint of coral or berry on the lips? Not much just a hint of it. Or maybe a bright liner on the waterline or under the lower lashes. SOMETHING. I'm just absolutely disappointed by the photos right now. Boring. Boring. Boring.
No I haven't Robin's dress yet... And yes I agree, just one make-up statement to pull the mundane into a wow factor.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Melissa McCarthy
Hate the color. The style isn't bad but the color on her is horrible. It should have been a vivid color - cobalt or sapphire or emerald green would have looked much better on her.

Jennifer Aniston - dress is gorgeous, hair and makeup boring. I get Jennifer is considered the "girl next door" but does she always have to look boring? I've never seen her look be anything really different. *yawn*

Hate the color. The style isn't bad but the color on her is horrible. It should have been a vivid color - cobalt or sapphire or emerald green would have looked much better on her.
Yeah, I agree with you Zadi, plus her blush is too low, it drags the attention down to her uber pale lips.

I adore Jennifer Lawrence and I think her makeup and hair is flawless.. But does anyone else think she looks more like she's getting ready to walk down the aisle and not the red carpet??

Adele - see that's how you do a subdued look without it being boring. While her eye makeup is neutral she has a lovely cat eye which brings life into her eyes. The matte lipstick is matte but not boring because there is a hint of color. Overall I love the makeup because it's simple BUT not boring. The dress on the other hand is too matronly for her. A little plunging neckline would have been nice - nothing dramatic to expose anything but that high up is just not flattering since it makes her too square shaped.

Back