Allure Sample Society December 2014 Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Box twins.

I'm happy with everything except the lippy tinted balm. Mush is a really weird color (and the name isn't flattering either), plus I'm a redhead so it's a color that won't work for me. Bummer to have to waste a full sized sample!

I do wish the Burberry was a little bit bigger. I was surprised at how tiny the tube was, but it looks like you don't need to use a lot of it so maybe it'll be good for a few uses.

^^^ Box twins.

I'm happy with everything except the lippy tinted balm. Mush is a really weird color (and the name isn't flattering either), plus I'm a redhead so it's a color that won't work for me. Bummer to have to waste a full sized sample!

I do wish the Burberry was a little bit bigger. I was surprised at how tiny the tube was, but it looks like you don't need to use a lot of it so maybe it'll be good for a few uses.
What does the Mush shade look like?  And you'll probably be able to get lots of use from the Burberry.  I got a BB cream that size and I swear I used it daily for 2 weeks before I ran out.

What does the Mush shade look like?  And you'll probably be able to get lots of use from the Burberry.  I got a BB cream that size and I swear I used it daily for 2 weeks before I ran out.
They say it's a coral color, but on me it barely looks like anything is on my lips. It's pretty neutral.

To me, it seems like a coral maybe without the brightness that corals should have. It seems to have beige undertones to it.  I agree with the previous poster that it doesn't seem to have much color too it. It's just kind of blah.

My lippy turned out to be Strawberry Field, which I'm perfectly fine with, it's lovely shade! I'll probably use the coupon code on an order that includes Abbey Rose. And those of you who were not too stoked about the hand cream, you can just send it to me--Crabtree and Evelyn's hand creams are the shizz and the only thing that would have been better than La Source would have been the Verbena and Lavender blend shown in the booklet.

The booklet said that the Burberry would be too shimmery to pull off as an all-over base or even primer, but I didn't get that from it at all. But then I only tested an amount the size of a comma on the back of my hand so far.

I received my box yesterday and my BL lippie is also in Mush.  Pics online look pretty but I haven't swatched it yet.

I have on the Strawberry Field right now.  Just sitting on the couch with it on with no place to go.  I like this for a red.  Never a color I would buy.  I am too conservative with my lip colors.  But, I will definitely sport this at the holiday festivities I am forced to go to. 

I received the Butter London lippie in Axis Rose and the hand cream in La Source.  I am tempted to order another box for my sister.  I wish I knew that the lip colors would be different.

My variations are Mush and La Source, Mush strikes me as a muted Coral, it barely shows up on me, but I have deep natural lip color.

The only thing I do not like is the Burberry, so it went into my CS stash for next time.

I am so in love with my box. I got Strawberry Field and Verbena and Lavender variations. I'm especially loving the eye cream so far. 

Got my box:

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

Here are the sizes and color/scent variations I received:

• RGB Nail Polish in Oxblood .40 oz
  • Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Eye, .17 oz jar
  • Burberry Beauty Fresh Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance No. 01, .17 oz
  • Butter London Lippy Tinted Balm in Mush, .14 oz (seem like there could be various shades sent) note my Dashboard indicated I was getting Abbey Rose but I got Mush shade
  • Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra Moisturizing Hand Therapy in La Source (beachy/oceany scent) Verbena and Lavender is the other option, .9 oz (my dashboard indicated this was the scent/version I would get).
Enjoy and please update with your shades/versions!  
This is the exact same box that I received today. Weird thing is...I have absolutely no memory of purchasing this box.

Got my box.  I was really only interested in two things, although I had much hope for the other items.  I wanted to try the CT&E hand cream.  And I previously liked that EL eye cream.  Right now I have 3-4 of those EL creams, so I will be good for a while.   But, once they are gone, I am switching.

The nail polish color is not one I would wear.  The burberry is too sheer and shiny.  And the lippy was not the color I was down for.  I was supposed to get Abby Rose and instead got mush.  I don't care for what is basically a nude lippy.

To be honest, I am not one for such tiny samples and poor color choices.  (Blush and Glossybox are more my style.)  So now that I got the 2 items I wanted, I will unsub until I see something worthwhile again.

I had always been in love with EL, But to be honest Origins plantscriptions is a better product that actually works.  So the origins superset did what it was supposed to do, get me hooked. LOL...I ended up buying 2 supersets and $80 of extra stuff on top of that.  Likely got over $100 in free stuff also.  And all their amazing generous samples (some are nearly full size!)  and a full sized free gift are awesome!  Unlike EL which charges you.  So what I am saying, El, is that we are breaking up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike EL which charges you. So what I am saying, El, is that we are breaking up.
My mom wears EL perfume.  She gets the purchase-with-purchase things around the holidays and sends most of it to me.  I'm fine with that level of involvement.  Though I am getting this box (tracking indicates it will come today).

My mom wears EL perfume.  She gets the purchase-with-purchase things around the holidays and sends most of it to me.  I'm fine with that level of involvement.  Though I am getting this box (tracking indicates it will come today).
I got some EL goodies and a GWP for Xmas before I tried Origins last month.  But now I know why I, an EL addict, have fallen in love with Origins.  They are the same company!  

Whoa, tell me more about the Origins super sets! I love their skincare products. Their GinZing SPF 15 with auto-tint is my holy grail winter moisturizer / knocking around without really putting on makeup product.

Just got my box and my Butter lippie is a shade called Teddy Boy.. kind of a dusty rose.  Also got the Verbena and Lavender lotion.

Just got my box and my Butter lippie is a shade called Teddy Boy.. kind of a dusty rose. Also got the Verbena and Lavender lotion.
Same here.  I probably needed some more conservative lip colors and this should fit the bill.  I wore a Too Face melted liquid lipstick to work this week (not the one from SS but one I got in a Sephora collection) and it was like neon pink.  No one said anything, but I should probably tone it down just a bit (most days, anyway).

My box arrived today. I got the Le Source hand cream and the lip stick in strawberry field. I'm so happy with the box this month.

Back