Allure Sample Society October 2014 Spoilers and Discussion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they thought carefully about using the term "slightly" .... because anything less than 25 mls is going to be very disappointing after thinking we were getting the 62 dollar size. That's a pretty darn big mistake. I will be cancelling my second box for sure. And posting the 3rd spoiler early is hardly making me feel less like cancelling that 2nd one. An extra li'l sample might have, and you know they have tons of stuff lying around. 

Weird that they posted the dollar amount for the 30ml one; do you think they thought it WAS that one? 

She's clearly talking about the IG screenshot, guys. It took me a while to figure out what language it was, too. I HATE those ridiculous fonts, but maybe I'm just a boring old woman, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yes! i am so impressed with anybody who can consume that font every day. I would go insane.

I hope they thought carefully about using the term "slightly" .... because anything less than 25 mls is going to be very disappointing after thinking we were getting the 62 dollar size. That's a pretty darn big mistake. I will be cancelling my second box for sure. And posting the 3rd spoiler early is hardly making me feel less like cancelling that 2nd one. An extra li'l sample might have, and you know they have tons of stuff lying around.

Weird that they posted the dollar amount for the 30ml one; do you think they thought it WAS that one?
Maybe the supplier made a mistake and sample society thought they were getting the 30ml one (they sent that info out in emails and FB)
I agree, would rather have an extra little sample - they were probably going to post spoiler #3 on Monday anyways :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

According to FB:

The serum is still in a bottle (looks identical to the image) but just slightly smaller. The deluxe sample is applicable for more than one use!

Last edited by a moderator:
That stinks...we'll see how this works out. That's a large mistake for a company trying to revamp their image.

Only three months in to the "new" Sample Society and things are going sideways... what is wrong with all of these sub boxes that they can't keep themselves together. :wassatt:

To unsub, or not to unsub, that is the question...

Yeesh... this spoiler has actually made me want to cancel :(

10653689_748727118496231_7599822780342313354_n.jpg 

I actually don't mind the other two spoilers but this one is something I've gotten for free on many occasions so it definitely rubs me the wrong way. I think now that they're releasing regular spoilers it's easy to cancel and re-sub as I wish, so I think I'm going to cancel for this month and hope for the best for November!

Maybe the supplier made a mistake and sample society thought they were getting the 30ml one (they sent that info out in emails and FB)

I agree, would rather have an extra little sample - they were probably going to post spoiler #3 on Monday anyways :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

According to FB:

The serum is still in a bottle (looks identical to the image) but just slightly smaller. The deluxe sample is applicable for more than one use!
They've now posted on FB that the sample will be 7 ml.

I had such high hopes for this box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but between the 7ml sample size of the EL and today's shampoo and conditioner spoiler, I think I will be canceling this month. Finger's crossed for some better months later to re-sub for.

7ml?! What the heck. I just signed up last week for that spoiler & now the shampoo and conditioner. I wonder if I can cancel before they charge me? 

Yeesh, I signed up for the deluxe sample, but if it's only going to be 7mL I want my money back :| That's called false advertising.

Yeesh... this spoiler has actually made me want to cancel :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually don't mind the other two spoilers but this one is something I've gotten for free on many occasions so it definitely rubs me the wrong way. I think now that they're releasing regular spoilers it's easy to cancel and re-sub as I wish, so I think I'm going to cancel for this month and hope for the best for November!
FYI they're saying -- "Spoiler #3 is actually two samples! (Which means the October box actually has a bonus sample, 6 total!)." I guess that rubs me a little less wrong, but i'm not exactly dying for more of this type of samples :/

This is a sad spoiler! I really dislike getting samples like this in sub boxes. This is one of those items that anyone can get samples of (granted they may be foil packs, but still)! It's a drug store shampoo and conditioner! I have gotten full size of these after sales and coupons for $1 each! I won't cancel because I am excited for the other two, even if smaller than expected. I really hope to not see drug store shampoo and conditioner in the future, though!

Really thinking about canceling this one :unsure: I was excited about the EL but now to find out the sample is only 7 ml instead of 30 ml is very disappointing.  Definitely not "slightly" smaller!  The shampoo spoiler is boring.  And I'm literally swimming in mascara. This is the only box I get anymore but thinking I might need to take a break....

Really thinking about canceling this one :unsure: I was excited about the EL but now to find out the sample is only 7 ml instead of 30 ml is very disappointing.  Definitely not "slightly" smaller!  The shampoo spoiler is boring.  And I'm literally swimming in mascara. This is the only box I get anymore but thinking I might need to take a break....
I just bought my mom a 6 month subscription for her birthday because of the EL which she loves.. SO disappointed that they got our hopes up with the 30 mL.  I love Loreal's volume shampoo so I will use it but I'm still so annoyed with SS right now.  Not enough to cancel.. I'll wait to see what else is in the box and probably cancel next month if I don't like it.

Latest posts

Back