Allure Summer Beauty Box OR Sephora Sun Safety Kit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Reason /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw on EBAY that people were selling the Summer Allure Beauty Box for 189.00  They get extras to sell and I didnt even get one
icon_cry.gif
I didn't get one either...  

I was just thinking about all these great introductory boxes or kits for folks to try sample and I am all for free market movement...  but something just rubs me the wrong way when an entire grey area market is created from a box or kit release.  This profits a few individuals while others are left twiddling their thumbs and making a fist at their monitor...

Make multiple purchases a practice of increased diminishing returns.  For example, sell the 1st box for $30, 2nd $45, 3rd $60, 4th for $75 etc... or the 2nd for $60, 3rd $90, 4th $120 etc...?

Sephora can still donate anything over $10 to charity!!  That would be pretty cool, so if you buy a 3rd bag and it you paid $90, you'd know $80 of it wen to charity. 

It's still a good value for someone who really, really must have a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th box?  But it will make selling multiples of these on eBay nearly a useless motion.

It would ensure better distribution of the kits or boxes.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

...okay, I know how unfeasible this is, Sepohra would likely have an uproar of complaints...

Originally Posted by Reason /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw on EBAY that people were selling the Summer Allure Beauty Box for 189.00  They get extras to sell and I didnt even get one
icon_cry.gif
For some reason, although I totally understand people seeing a business opportunity here, I think it seems worse because of the charity involved. This kit is definitely worth more than $30. And even then, 67% goes to cancer. That is absolutely amazing of sephora to do. But it just oddly seems more wrong to try to take advantage of something like that for your own gain. I mean, sephora and cancer still got the original money, but my suggestion is that 67% of the $189 go toward charity as well.

I'm not sure why it seems more wrong to me. Buying tickets to a charity concert and then price gouging them to another buyer seems very wrong to me. Although buying tickets to a concert in general and jacking up the price seems wrong to me to (although less wrong). The person reselling is not making the item more valuable (like house flipping you are at least putting work into the house before reselling at the higher price).

All about supply and demand.

I don't think it should be an issue for people to sell on Ebay. Let them price the kit at $1000. But would buy it if you know that Sephora sells it for $30? Even if it is sold out, I would wait until Sephora restocks it or not buy at all. The value is not there even @ $50. So let them sell because none would buy. We, make up addicts, know that there is going to be something more exciting just around the corner.

Originally Posted by Olga Ok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it should be an issue for people to sell on Ebay. Let them price the kit at $1000. But would buy it if you know that Sephora sells it for $30? Even if it is sold out, I would wait until Sephora restocks it or not buy at all. The value is not there even @ $50. So let them sell because none would buy. We, make up addicts, know that there is going to be something more exciting just around the corner.
This is true!  Otherwise there wouldn't be that Sephora kit from last year still trying to sell itself at ...
yay.gif
... $68 or the Summer Allure Beauty Box at $189.  

So anyone got anything on their radar for up and comings?  If I recall correctly, the Allure's Insider's Choice Box (can't wait for that one) comes out in early July, anything else in June or July ladies?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I went to my Sephora today and asked about it - they said they hadn't gotten any yet. Ughh.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is true!  Otherwise there wouldn't be that Sephora kit from last year still trying to sell itself at ...
yay.gif
... $68 or the Summer Allure Beauty Box at $189.  

So anyone got anything on their radar for up and comings?  If I recall correctly, the Allure's Insider's Choice Box (can't wait for that one) comes out in early July, anything else in June or August ladies?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Allure's Insider's Choice Box!  Yeah!  Something else to stalk!!!  Loved that last year!  Thank you, FormosaHoney!

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Allure's Insider's Choice Box!  Yeah!  Something else to stalk!!!  Loved that last year!  Thank you, FormosaHoney!
Is this the CEW box you're referring to? The one they sold last year, via (I think?) Beautybar? I just want to be sure I'll know when to get ready for it! ;]

Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this the CEW box you're referring to? The one they sold last year, via (I think?) Beautybar? I just want to be sure I'll know when to get ready for it! ;]
It's the same one, but another MUT member just updated that a Beauty Insider's Box will not be released this year by BeautyBar.  

It's the same one 
smilehappyyes.gif
.  The whole thing is a little confusing, mmmm...  Beautybar is a service under the Allure umbrella.   

The Insider's Choice Box contents was picked by CEW, a.k.a. Cosmetics Executive Women, independent of Allure or Beautybox.  This is a beauty industry event that took place in NY... I believe in April or May with awards tables selling to industry insiders for, I think if I remember correctly $500 to $4,000.  

Allure covers the event on their website and further takes the results and builds a box.  They sell the boxes through Beautybar, their online sampling program... correct me if I'm wrong here anyone.

We just use the terms or names that seem to stick out in our minds most, and for me it was Allure and Insider's Choice Box.

These are the winners of CEW 2013.  So the contents of this year's box, should Allure/Beautybar decide to do another Insider's Choice Box will be picked from the following list of winners:

*Disclaimer, this is just my best SWAG concept, a.k.a. Stupid Wild Ass Guess

I hope they sample Dot (dot), but I bet they'll feature Closer by Haile Berry, judging from last year's trend, all products in box were mostly drug-store channels.

I'd go further to guess that any brands which have been sent out by Sample Society or is high end such as Dior or Lancome will not be featured in the box.

ZoomButt.gif

WOO ENABLERS! Another thing to stalk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) 

ZoomButt.gif

Riddle me this...  How does this even make sense?  There are physical Sephoras, I believe everywhere except Alaska and that is slated for either this year or next.  

It is still due to come out in the brick and mortar Sephoras, what is the logic that is going through someone like this' head?

I'm tracking it just out of curiosity.  There was one from last year's too for $68.

So fascinating, sorry to geek out again, I was just listening to Freakonomics and they were talking about efficient markets...

Individuals items are being sold too at a higher margin...

Got an interesting survey related to the Allure Beauty Box this morning.  Lots of questions about the products, but at the end, were questions like:

1.  Would you like to see more frequent boxes?

2.  Would you pay a "premium" for an annual subscription, even if you don't know what all the products are?

3.  How much would you pay for an annual subscription?

They also asked if you set an alarm to remind you when to order.  I thought that was a kind of funny question.

Perhaps the quick sell-out has them thinking about a new strategy.  So if you got the box, you might want to be on the lookout for the survey.

They also asked if you set an alarm to remind you when to order.  I thought that was a kind of funny question.
The thing is that I think pretty much everyone who was actually able to get a box did in fact set an alarm. I know I did. They probably asked to get an idea of how anxiously-awaited this was and how many people just lucked out with the timing. (As a side note, I'm amazed at how much I like that GK leave-in stuff. It's not better than Beauty Protector, but it's good enough for me to use it all up.)

ZoomButt.gif

Riddle me this...  How does this even make sense?  There are physical Sephoras, I believe everywhere except Alaska and that is slated for either this year or next.  

It is still due to come out in the brick and mortar Sephoras, what is the logic that is going through someone like this' head?

I'm tracking it just out of curiosity.  There was one from last year's too for $68.

So fascinating, sorry to geek out again, I was just listening to Freakonomics and they were talking about efficient markets...

We don't have a Sephora here in the JCP in my town lol I suppose someone who doesn't have one in there town and wasn't able to get it from sephora.com before it sold out may be willing to pay this. I wouldn't and find it outrageously priced.. but ya never know.

Wow, just thought I would also add, there are now at least 5 more of these on ebay and ppl are making offers.

Originally Posted by amy005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We don't have a Sephora here in the JCP in my town lol I suppose someone who doesn't have one in there town and wasn't able to get it from sephora.com before it sold out may be willing to pay this. I wouldn't and find it outrageously priced.. but ya never know.

Wow, just thought I would also add, there are now at least 5 more of these on ebay and ppl are making offers.
Hmmm... so there is an efficient market here, a wee bit of price gouging, well to each his/her own...  

I hope that a Sephora comes to your town quickly.  Even though there are a handful of Sephoras around here (NY area) any good deals seem to go super fast in the physical stores and their offerings tend to be behind online ones, so online is still the best place to shop!  
flowers.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

My Sephora sun set arrived this afternoon, and since I'm off today I and my three barking dogs met the UPS guy at the door.  I now have zero excuse to not be adequately protected!  I'm a reluctant user of sunscreen as they tend to make my oily skin even oilier, but hopefully I'll find some good options out of all of these.  I know I already like the Origins A Perfect World, as I got a deluxe sample of that from beauty.com a while back.  I'm also a fan of the St. Tropez Instant Body Glow, which I just started using recently.

I received my kit today as well, here is how it looked in the bag:

I am excited to try everything, it may take me all summer!

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got an interesting survey related to the Allure Beauty Box this morning.  Lots of questions about the products, but at the end, were questions like:

1.  Would you like to see more frequent boxes?

2.  Would you pay a "premium" for an annual subscription, even if you don't know what all the products are?

3.  How much would you pay for an annual subscription?

Perhaps the quick sell-out has them thinking about a new strategy.  So if you got the box, you might want to be on the lookout for the survey.
These are interesting questions, it seems like they are trying to decide if it should be a subscription (don't they work with beautybar already?)

I think if they did $30/month boxes with at least a $150 value (like the Holiday box was I think) I would cancel Julep and my second ipsy to fund this one. 

I think $50/month is steep, and I would need to see more cosmetics and fewer hair products if it were every month. 

BUT I would be first in line to get an annual subscription if every box was as amazing they are now. For dollar value the allure boxes are seriously the best deal in the beauty box world!

ahahahha at the alarm clock question. at this point you can't really get one without an alarm set.

Back