Allure Summer Beauty Box OR Sephora Sun Safety Kit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a good idea. I got 1 sunburn in that area, and after it healed I noticed a difference in skin texture. Amazing that just one little sunburn can do so much damage.
Yes!  I got a bad burn years ago and not only is the texture there different but the actual color of my skin there has changed, too...it's a bit redder now, never goes back to being as snow white as it once was.

It's showing up as available, as I was able to add to my basket (just as a test, not looking to buy another one).

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are interesting questions, it seems like they are trying to decide if it should be a subscription (don't they work with beautybar already?)

I think if they did $30/month boxes with at least a $150 value (like the Holiday box was I think) I would cancel Julep and my second ipsy to fund this one. 

I think $50/month is steep, and I would need to see more cosmetics and fewer hair products if it were every month. 

BUT I would be first in line to get an annual subscription if every box was as amazing they are now. For dollar value the allure boxes are seriously the best deal in the beauty box world!

ahahahha at the alarm clock question. at this point you can't really get one without an alarm set.
$30 a month for $150 worth of products would be a good deal ... but I think it might get overwhelming pretty quickly.  I sent about 1/2 of the stuff from the summer box to my nieces, but I still haven't used a few of the items we kept.  Don't know what I'd do if I was getting even half that much stuff every month.

Optimally, I think 4 to 6 boxes a year for $40 - 50 each would work well, but I'd really like to see an annual subscription option.  I was lucky that I happened not to have a work commitment when they went on sale, and a lot of my meetings with customers are set so far ahead that I can't even use a vacation day to make sure I'm home when the next one goes on sale!

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$30 a month for $150 worth of products would be a good deal ... but I think it might get overwhelming pretty quickly.  I sent about 1/2 of the stuff from the summer box to my nieces, but I still haven't used a few of the items we kept.  Don't know what I'd do if I was getting even half that much stuff every month.

Optimally, I think 4 to 6 boxes a year for $40 - 50 each would work well, but I'd really like to see an annual subscription option.  I was lucky that I happened not to have a work commitment when they went on sale, and a lot of my meetings with customers are set so far ahead that I can't even use a vacation day to make sure I'm home when the next one goes on sale!
I think at this point they are at 3 boxes a year. Summer, Fall and Holiday

honestly I am totally content with them maybe adding a "Spring", to have 4 total and calling it good. 

$29.99 for $150 value (Like the 2012 Holiday box which had a $160 value) every three months would be just enough.

(And I would love if they had maybe a "theme" for each box, either really tailored to the season, (tanning and sunscreen and waterproof stuff in summer, moisturizing, glitter in winter. OR Hair box, Skin box, Makeup box, Face box. 

they seem to be able to get awesome deals on everything so I imagine only great things to come :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any idea when the next allure beauty box is supposed to come out? It'd be the winter box I assume so September/October?

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea when the next allure beauty box is supposed to come out? It'd be the winter box I assume so September/October?
Last year was 7/24 according to the email they sent me after purchasing.

WOO ENABLERS! Another thing to stalk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) 
I was thinking the same thing. I did buy an Allure box and was happy and told myself there was no reason I also needed a sun safety kit. I purposly didn't order one online and was glad when they sold out. I had a moment of near weakness midweek and called a mall close to my office and was told they would pull one from the back for me if I wanted but there were only a few left. I decided again to pass. Tonight I am sorry to say the enablers broke me down and I bought 2, one for me and a welcome back gift for the summer nanny. (Its really her fault, I wouldn't have bought myself one I only went to buy one for her since I thought she would like it.) O:)

I'm already sold on the L'Occitane hand creme! Used it today and I love it!

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sun safety kit is back in stock :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just ordered one.
Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

out again already? Phew, already had one and was seriously considering another!
Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Missed it again. That went fast.
frown.gif

a friend found it at Sephora today so if you have a store that is local, it might be worth a look.

Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking the same thing. I did buy an Allure box and was happy and told myself there was no reason I also needed a sun safety kit. I purposly didn't order one online and was glad when they sold out. I had a moment of near weakness midweek and called a mall close to my office and was told they would pull one from the back for me if I wanted but there were only a few left. I decided again to pass.

Tonight I am sorry to say the enablers broke me down and I bought 2, one for me and a welcome back gift for the summer nanny. (Its really her fault, I wouldn't have bought myself one I only went to buy one for her since I thought she would like it.)

O:)
That is so funny, you tried not to get one and ended up getting 2 of them!  Well, you will enjoy it and so will she, it has some great products in it!

Walked into Sephora today in Atlanta and they had plenty Sun Safety Kits! 

I love the Sephora sun safety kit this year.  
sunshine.gif
 There's only 2 things in the whole kit that I don't want to try. I need to start a trading list I guess.

ZoomButt.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by manduh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sephora kit is in-stock online again!
Message reinforcement, with image 
icon_biggrin.gif

​
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I love the Sephora sun safety kit this year.   :sunshine:  There's only 2 things in the whole kit that I don't want to try. I need to start a trading list I guess.
Me too! (The two tinted moisturizers- I already know they are the wrong colors for me)

Back