Allure Summer Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sign me up for all the hair care!  I'm actually super excited for this box!  There are several things I'm not very interested in but my mom and I are going to share :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well actually after looking through most of the product descriptions, I may have convinced myself to do the box after all. Now the question is, what color do we think they will send the It Cosmetics BB cream in?? I am a pale beezy, so selfishly I am hoping for one of the fairer shades, but I would guess they will shoot for middle ground and send out Medium? Honestly, as long as it isn't Tan or Rich, I think I could make it work. 

Well actually after looking through most of the product descriptions, I may have convinced myself to do the box after all. Now the question is, what color do we think they will send the It Cosmetics BB cream in?? I am a pale beezy, so selfishly I am hoping for one of the fairer shades, but I would guess they will shoot for middle ground and send out Medium? Honestly, as long as it isn't Tan or Rich, I think I could make it work.
I bet it's medium they send :-S. But I plan on mixing in a bit of moisturizer to lighten it up.

I've grouped the items in this box together on my blog, here's a short cut to the post:

and after looking at it I might pass it's super hair care heavy....but for $2 and change per item, maybe I will.
Thanks for doing that!  When you lay it out like that...I think I'm going to pass on this one.  TONS of hair car and I do not need 3 hairsprays.  I haven't even touched the Rusk Color Care treatment from the last box or gotten to the dry shampoo yet either.  I would love to have the nail polish, lip gloss, and mascara but I can buy those separately for cheaper.  I do love getting the box though, it really is a great value if you can use everything in it!

I think I just won't look at Allure's facebook tomorrow.  They always get SO much negative feedback on the days the box goes live, I kind of don't blame them for largely ignoring it.  Some people act like it's the worst day of their life not to get a box and blame Allure when everyone knows it's limited quantities and you're not guaranteed one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for doing that!  When you lay it out like that...I think I'm going to pass on this one.  TONS of hair car and I do not need 3 hairsprays.  I haven't even touched the Rusk Color Care treatment from the last box or gotten to the dry shampoo yet either.  I would love to have the nail polish, lip gloss, and mascara but I can buy those separately for cheaper.  I do love getting the box though, it really is a great value if you can use everything in it!

I think I just won't look at Allure's facebook tomorrow.  They always get SO much negative feedback on the days the box goes live, I kind of don't blame them for largely ignoring it.  Some people act like it's the worst day of their life not to get a box and blame Allure when everyone knows it's limited quantities and you're not guaranteed one.
  It was such stress trying to get the box  last time .  I was able to get one but the time before I didn't.    I really am not even interested in getting one this time. Plus I  don't want new hair stuff and do not use hairspray or tan towels. Good luck though to all .

Do these ship out right after they're purchased? I've never gotten one before and I'm trying to see if I can get some of this stuff into my mom's Mother's Day basket. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do these ship out right after they're purchased? I've never gotten one before and I'm trying to see if I can get some of this stuff into my mom's Mother's Day basket. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 last time I got mine about a month after I ordered it,  Some people got  it sooner  . I had a high up number order and I hear that they start at one and work up the numbers   If your order was a low number you might get it.

last time I got mine about a month after I ordered it,  Some people got  it sooner  . I had a high up number order and I hear that they start at one and work up the numbers   If your order was a low number you might get it.
Oh wow! That's kinda crazy. You'd think they prep better, aka have all the boxes ready to go by a certain date (tomorrow, next week the latest)! Would be less hassle on all ends I'd think. You'd just need to give the suppliers enough lead time and build in buffer for late shipments. 

I decided to try and get one too. I haven't gotten one since last summer and there's enough on the list that I need/want to justify the cost so hopefully it works out! Alarms/alerts are set :-D

Sigh. I think I am going to skip this one as well. I bought 5 in a row and am still overloaded with them even after skipping the last one too. 

I ran out of space on my shelf. :/

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 11.19.36 PM.png

I could have sworn I saw a shade listed somewhere on a blog but I checked my email and it doesn't specify.  I'm excited for that one so that will kind of suck if it's the wrong shade but I guess the odds are good it will be!  I hope they just send out an assortment so we could at least trade them.  I also remember shipping being like a month later but they came quick once they were shipped.  Reminds me of that freakin' Yes To Carrots $2 sale.  It was suuuuuch a pain in the ass but once it finally showed up it was the greatest thing ever.

Got my page ready and card ready to go!!!! And now the waiting..... :hehe:

Can someone post a link? When I click on the email it just takes me to a page with a picture of the box and Coming soon.... Is that it? I don't see a way to login to an account or anything..

I could have sworn I saw a shade listed somewhere on a blog but I checked my email and it doesn't specify.  I'm excited for that one so that will kind of suck if it's the wrong shade but I guess the odds are good it will be!  I hope they just send out an assortment so we could at least trade them.  I also remember shipping being like a month later but they came quick once they were shipped.  Reminds me of that freakin' Yes To Carrots $2 sale.  It was suuuuuch a pain in the ass but once it finally showed up it was the greatest thing ever.

Got my page ready and card ready to go!!!! And now the waiting..... :hehe:
is it just the page from the email? I feel like it's not correct...

Can someone post a link? When I click on the email it just takes me to a page with a picture of the box and Coming soon.... Is that it? I don't see a way to login to an account or anything..
 That's the page I am getting too I also don't think its right and cannot find anything else either...???

Yep that's it! When it goes live it should change to having a link/button on the page to order. Sometimes you have to refresh like crazy, I even have the link open in an extra browser just in case :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I am definitely going to try to get this. Since I just started cheering for my college, I use a hell of a lot of hair spray, so this box is perfect for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow the site already slow and won't load.  It isn't even on sale yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back