April 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome!! I'm ready to get to that point. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In other news, I broke two makeup items today. TWO. I dropped an elf studio single eyeshadow in the color oatmeal and my NYC mosaic face powder in rose glow just was sitting on the counter when the middle kinda bulged up and it just broke into a bunch of chunks. Luckily, those two items were just a couple of bucks each, but still...gah. That NYC powder was one of my favorite blushes. It's tempting to repurchase it, but if it's just going to randomly explode on me, I don't want to waste my money. :/

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been pretty rewarding, I'm spending more time discovering what I do have and how to play with it. We just moved and I really didn't have a firm grasp on just how much stuff I had until I had to box it all! So now I am trying to find a storage solution to put under the sink and then swap things out as I want to use them. 

I think my no buy will extend to "whenever I finish x" but we shall see. So far there hasn't been too much coming out that I HAVE to have.

I've got 11 days since buying the sephora sun safety kit.. but that was an exclusion on my no-buy.. so it's actually 27. My birthday is coming up and I already know it's going to be hard to avoid temptation..

Your birthday should be the ultimate exception :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I say it's your bday and you should do whatever you want!

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've got 11 days since buying the sephora sun safety kit.. but that was an exclusion on my no-buy.. so it's actually 27. My birthday is coming up and I already know it's going to be hard to avoid temptation..

Hi! I've always been a lurker and went ahead and signed up because of this thread. I just started my first no-buy/low-buy and I need some guidance. I own more makeup than I need. I'm a beauty blogger and I'm always up to date on new collections and products and it's hard sometimes to step back from all the commotion and say "I don't need this." I'm going to Japan in two months and need to not buy makeup until then so I will have some money while I'm there (to buy their drugstore makeup). I have a short list of upcoming products I will be buying, but it's very small. I hope to learn a thing or two from some of you peeps who are doing the same thing.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but even just browsing sephora.com makes me calm down and feel...relaxed. It's weird. And it makes me think I might actually be addicted to make up or shopping. This is bad. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to shopping, too. It's gotten pretty out of hand...

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what is wrong with me, but even just browsing sephora.com makes me calm down and feel...relaxed. It's weird. And it makes me think I might actually be addicted to make up or shopping. This is bad. 

I did not survive my trip to MAC but since its relatively close to my birthday (It's the 2nd) I decided to get myself something early. So I picked up their Satin Lipstick in Media and it looks SO FREAKING hot on me!!  Yay!

i'm addicted to shopping and now makeup has become my hobby, no doubt about that! atleast im using it unlike the clothes rage i use to go on and i have tons of clothes with tags i havent worn!

Originally Posted by mszJessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm addicted to shopping and now makeup has become my hobby, no doubt about that! atleast im using it unlike the clothes rage i use to go on and i have tons of clothes with tags i havent worn!
LOL I have the same exact problem. used to be clothes, then handbags, now its shoes and makeup LOL 

Mine is the 2nd too. I knew there was something I liked about you!

I failed miserably this month. I spent $50 @ sephora & then went back & spent another $52. Also bought 14 zoya polishes on earth day. And I don't know how many orders 2 sneekpeeq. I'm addicted to that place.

May is going to be my month. Excluding the 2nd, of course. Gotta shop sephora on my b-day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not survive my trip to MAC but since its relatively close to my birthday (It's the 2nd) I decided to get myself something early. So I picked up their Satin Lipstick in Media and it looks SO FREAKING hot on me!!  Yay!

So I decided to start a chains.cc account and use it to track my no buy and keep me honest. You just mark the dot every day you do your thing, so I have chains for not going shopping, do your laundry, exercise, etc. Hopefully this will help.

Oooh, I had never heard of that before! I just signed up too. So far, the makeup no-buy chain is at 4! Another idea is to create an account on mint.com and link all of your bank accounts and cards up to it, and it breaks down how much you spend and what you spend your money on. I have some friends who loooove it, but I haven't actually tried it. Probably because I would be appalled at what I saw, haha. But! I think it's time to do that.

Another reason for working through the stuff I have is the fact that we might be moving in a year from now. When I opened up the bathroom cabinets and saw all the crap inside and considered the possibility of having to pack up and move all of it, I got really, really unhappy. 

So I decided to start a chains.cc account and use it to track my no buy and keep me honest. You just mark the dot every day you do your thing, so I have chains for not going shopping, do your laundry, exercise, etc. Hopefully this will help.

I reallllllly want to go walk through tj maxx and ross right now. It's sooo close. And Sally's is next door to Ross. hold me back hold me back.

you too? I'm 5 minutes away from TJ Maxx, and I really want to go there and just browse around! I'm exhausted from working on a research paper all night, so I need something to relax me and take the edge off.

Oh my god. I think I'm a beauty junkie?

We can do this, we can do this...

I reallllllly want to go walk through tj maxx and ross right now. It's sooo close. And Sally's is next door to Ross. hold me back hold me back.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you too? I'm 5 minutes away from TJ Maxx, and I really want to go there and just browse around! I'm exhausted from working on a research paper all night, so I need something to relax me and take the edge off.

Oh my god. I think I'm a beauty junkie?

We can do this, we can do this...
It's legitimately the next parking lot, I can be there in less than 5 minutes on foot. It's terrible, lol. I took off my bra though, so I'm not moving. Best shopping prevention ever.

We must be on the same brainwave or something, because that is the EXACT same reason I'm not going anywhere lol!

It's legitimately the next parking lot, I can be there in less than 5 minutes on foot. It's terrible, lol. I took off my bra though, so I'm not moving. Best shopping prevention ever.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We must be on the same brainwave or something, because that is the EXACT same reason I'm not going anywhere lol!
hahahah, it is the easiest way to keep me home.

You guys would be so proud of me! I went to Marshall's this evening, and I had a set from TheBalm, a mini set of OPI nail polishes, and a Philosophy body wash. I was about to check out, and then I was just like, "what the hell am I doing?!" and...I put all of it back and left!

Back