April 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a clarisonic mia in my birchbox cart right now. I have my 6 month 20% coupon and 30 dollars worth of points so it would only be about 65. talk me out of this. 

Don't do it! 65 bucks is still a lot of money. Clarisonics and other face cleansing devices will still be there in the future, and so will discounts and sales. 

Also, I hated my Clarisonic. Totally destroyed my face. If you do decide to buy, purchase it from somewhere like Sephora, where they have a great return policy.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've got a clarisonic mia in my birchbox cart right now. I have my 6 month 20% coupon and 30 dollars worth of points so it would only be about 65. talk me out of this. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't do it! 65 bucks is still a lot of money. Clarisonics and other face cleansing devices will still be there in the future, and so will discounts and sales. 

Also, I hated my Clarisonic. Totally destroyed my face. If you do decide to buy, purchase it from somewhere like Sephora, where they have a great return policy.
Good points. I have pretty nice skin as is...I probably shouldn't spend the money if I can get by with my $20 black soap. 

I agree, buy it at Sephora. Wait until October/November to see if they have another kit like the one I bought.

I'm going to MAC with some friends on April 26th.

My no buy may come to an end.....

When you go, check out the Tres Cheek collection. I got the whole damn thing, and they are gaw-jus!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to MAC with some friends on April 26th.

My no buy may come to an end.....

I'm REALLY fighting the urge to buy tonight. I've made it this far and don't want to screw up but man oh man I want to so bad!!!!

I was interested in trying that but I feel that I can live without a clarisonic, but I've read tons of reviews that it is not for sensitive and acne prone skin, also I've seen people on Amazon giving it 5 stars then updated their review to a 2-star because it cause break outs on them, also for that money I'd rather get tons of cheaper alternatives that cleanse and exfoliates which I know would work well on me. It's really something fancy that's good to have but not a must have.

Ok, I know it's released in a month, but I need you guys to convince me now that I don't need anything at all from the MAC Hey Sailor collection. I just ordered some stuff from UD (all sale stuff, yeah!), plus, I got the MAC Tres Cheek collection recently. I don't need anything at all! I think I'm just getting sucked in by the adorable retro packaging, and because I love beachy/nautical themed stuff.

Give me reasons why I shouldn't buy anything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, I know it's released in a month, but I need you guys to convince me now that I don't need anything at all from the MAC Hey Sailor collection. I just ordered some stuff from UD (all sale stuff, yeah!), plus, I got the MAC Tres Cheek collection recently. I don't need anything at all! I think I'm just getting sucked in by the adorable retro packaging, and because I love beachy/nautical themed stuff.

Give me reasons why I shouldn't buy anything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Have you tried the stuff from the Tres Cheek collection? Try to focus on that.

I think you could get way more joy for $65 dollars for less of a risk. The Clarisonic seems pretty 50/50, works for some people and creates problems for others.

I have! They are all absolutely gorgeous. All but one were gifts, and I'm so grateful for them. I'm trying to convince myself that I really don't even like the stuff all that much, and that nobody is going to know it's from the hey sailor collection, nobody  will know it's MAC when its on my face, and nobody will see the cute little containers but me, so why does it matter? The cute packaging is what sucked me in, and I'm gonna feel mighty foolish if I spend that much money on just a couple of pieces of makeup. I might get some Milani stuff instead. 

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i broke my no-buy last friday and purchased the China Glaze nail polishes for $10. I couldn't resist the sale. It was buy 2 get 1 free. I don't feel too bad because I bought because it's been a month and a half since I purchased nail polish!

I was bad and bought some nail polish too! I took advantage of the Zoya earth day special that they had going on. I seriously need to figure out a way to make a no buy work... :/

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i broke my no-buy last friday and purchased the China Glaze nail polishes for $10. I couldn't resist the sale. It was buy 2 get 1 free. I don't feel too bad because I bought because it's been a month and a half since I purchased nail polish!

i agree. i was so proud of myself for not buying nail polish for a month and a half. but there's sooo many different shades of polish, it's impossible to stay away lol...

I justified it by saying that with the 50% off discount, they were cheaper than some of the drugstore nail polish brands. Also, I was good and limited myself to only getting 7, and I took out a bunch that were in my cart! The damage could have been much, much worse haha. But still, it would have been better if I didn't buy anything. I may go in and cancel my order...there's still time to do that!

I have! They are all absolutely gorgeous. All but one were gifts, and I'm so grateful for them. I'm trying to convince myself that I really don't even like the stuff all that much, and that nobody is going to know it's from the hey sailor collection, nobody  will know it's MAC when its on my face, and nobody will see the cute little containers but me, so why does it matter? The cute packaging is what sucked me in, and I'm gonna feel mighty foolish if I spend that much money on just a couple of pieces of makeup. I might get some Milani stuff instead. 

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, yes. Curse the cute packaging! I always want to buy travel size everything, because it's so cute when it's miniature. (I can't even stand how cute the mini Primer Potion is in my UD Book of Shadows!) However, if you must buy, I think Milani products are gorgeous. And MAC has done multiple nautical collections. I'm sure there will be another in the future. Do you have anything in your stash that you haven't used that is in a great spring color?

Getting ready to hit 60 days on my no buy!

I can't believe how incredibly easy it has become! Of course, my biggest temptation is coming up, the MAC store. We shall see how this pans out! LOL

Haha, I always get sucked in with tiny cute things! That's why I would sometimes buy the little miniature bottles of Coke and Dr Pepper. I was just always like, "Awww, they're so tiny! Like baby Cokes!" and get drawn in that way. 

I'm definitely saving my money so that I can buy some stuff come my birthday. My birthday's in September, so I think if I start setting aside money now, I can splurge guilt-free. Before then, I want to make sure everything I own is getting used, so I'm going to be restarting a no-buy soon, and I'll be doing different things/challenges. I've been doing a blush a day challenge, and it's been really nice to actually use all of my blushes!

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, yes. Curse the cute packaging! I always want to buy travel size everything, because it's so cute when it's miniature. (I can't even stand how cute the mini Primer Potion is in my UD Book of Shadows!) However, if you must buy, I think Milani products are gorgeous. And MAC has done multiple nautical collections. I'm sure there will be another in the future. Do you have anything in your stash that you haven't used that is in a great spring color?
Congrats, you are awesome! How does it feel to be almost 2 months free of buying beauty products? I think that if you've made it this far, you are definitely strong enough to make it out of the MAC store without making a purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Getting ready to hit 60 days on my no buy!

I can't believe how incredibly easy it has become! Of course, my biggest temptation is coming up, the MAC store. We shall see how this pans out! LOL

Congrats, you are awesome! How does it feel to be almost 2 months free of buying beauty products? I think that if you've made it this far, you are definitely strong enough to make it out of the MAC store without making a purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's been pretty rewarding, I'm spending more time discovering what I do have and how to play with it. We just moved and I really didn't have a firm grasp on just how much stuff I had until I had to box it all! So now I am trying to find a storage solution to put under the sink and then swap things out as I want to use them. 

I think my no buy will extend to "whenever I finish x" but we shall see. So far there hasn't been too much coming out that I HAVE to have.

Back