April 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha i have one planned for tonight and tomorrow afternoon!!! lol this is horrible

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yessss, I have a shopping trip planned for tomorrow lmao

Ughhh, yesssssss. And I totally went out and bought some new skincare stuff since what I have now isn't working for me. That doesn't count, right?

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Friday is usually the intro to temptation for a weekend full of shopping... Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

Is it just me, or do we spend more time in this thread justifying what we did buy than actually supporting others in NOT buying? Not being snarky, I just noticed that we talk more about buying int his thread than in practically any other.

Face it, we're powerless addicts.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me, or do we spend more time in this thread justifying what we did buy than actually supporting others in NOT buying? Not being snarky, I just noticed that we talk more about buying int his thread than in practically any other.

lol its true! I'm off to Ulta to use my 20% off coupon to buy some hair gel and its going to be so hard not to end up in the UD and tarte sections since this coupon is good on them too. 

lol its true! I'm off to Ulta to use my 20% off coupon to buy some hair gel and its going to be so hard not to end up in the UD and tarte sections since this coupon is good on them too. 

Um- Which coupon? Have a link? 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um- Which coupon? Have a link? 
wink.gif
I got it in the mail, and it doesn't have a code on it, but I feel like I saw an ulta ad online with the code...

Yeah its on the front page of ulta.com 89668 is the code. I don't think its the same as the in store coupon though.

I got it in the mail, and it doesn't have a code on it, but I feel like I saw an ulta ad online with the code...

Yeah its on the front page of ulta.com 89668 is the code. I don't think its the same as the in store coupon though.

Rats- I didn't get one in the mail. I really want to get some Tarte products, but the online coupon doesn't work for them :/

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Rats- I didn't get one in the mail. I really want to get some Tarte products, but the online coupon doesn't work for them :/

I think it was a loyalty coupon or something? I'll take a look and let you know.

Yeeeeah, I think that's a pretty fair and accurate assessment of what goes down in here. Personally, I know I'm pretty bad about being an enabler, and that's pretty unhelpful to people who are trying to cut back on their buying. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaad. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My gym had a huge stack of those 20% off coupons. They're for the "friends and family." I grabbed one, but I doubt I'll be using it.

I just went to Imats and spent a ton and then I also spent a ton at the Sephora 15% sale. I am going to try to do a no-buy for the next 6 months that ends around middle of October. I have more than enough makeup to last me that long. Good luck to everyone else trying to do this too!

Originally Posted by mer1721 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just went to Imats and spent a ton and then I also spent a ton at the Sephora 15% sale. I am going to try to do a no-buy for the next 6 months that ends around middle of October. I have more than enough makeup to last me that long. Good luck to everyone else trying to do this too!
MER which IMATS and what were the discounts like?

I was at NYC Imats today....NYX I'm not sure but for example a cream blush maybe is normally $6.50 and it was $4.50, I think jumbo pencils were around $2.50 or so. Inglot discounted 30%, OCC lip tars were $10 instead of $14 and hakuhodo just didnt charge tax but no discount. Not sure of the other booths since I didnt go to the others really. I just spent too much money of course so I'm doing a 6 month no buy starting today. Usually the good holiday sales start in November so I would rather save up and spend my money in November/December. 

Bad news:

time to get back on the wagon...again. My husband and I went to the mall to check out TOMS since he's been wanting a pair, and we saw that Bath and Body Works was having a buy 3 get 3 free sale, and my husband told me I could get something if I wanted, and so I picked up some stuff. 

Good news:

I have several makeup items that are on their way out, as well as some full size shampoo and conditioner. Oh sooooo slowly, space is being made within my makeup drawers.

I just ordered the 2012 Sephora Sun Safety kit. It is an exemption to my no-buy, but to get free shipping I threw in an Origins quench mask because my skin is dry due to all the topical acne treatments I'm on. It will be good motivation to finish the 5 papers that are due next week.

I did talk myself out of a coach bag though.

I was bad yesterday. A new kate spade wristlet and a bottle of pink sugar perfume. I spent less than $100 on those though.

oooh, so bad! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pink Sugar does smell awesome. Your post reminded me that I have a much-neglected bottle sitting in my perfume drawer that I need to work on.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oooh, so bad! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pink Sugar does smell awesome. Your post reminded me that I have a much-neglected bottle sitting in my perfume drawer that I need to work on.

I did restrain myself and got the smallest bottle that was only $22, and it smells soooo good on me. What was I supposed to do? hhaha.

I have the 1 oz! I only need one spritz, so I think it should last me a long time. I'm a fan of things that smell like candy, lol. 

I did restrain myself and got the smallest bottle that was only $22, and it smells soooo good on me. What was I supposed to do? hhaha.

I got the dupes thru ebay and they smell as good as the original ones. And they lasted 8-10 hours on my wrist o_O

Well, that's what I usually do when I am too broke to get the designer perfumes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back