Are you a Craftster? Share your projects!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovegorjess /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@lovegorjess  Diaper cakes always make me squeee. So cute. I really love the first two pictures of the flowers you made too. So pretty!

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are some of my jewelry projects.

@ttanner2005 I really love this necklace. I would definitely wear something like that. Great job!

I've been teaching myself how to do wire wrapping since I am laid up for awhile. Going to be attaching them to bookmarks I will be making.

That's pretty Pancua! You could make some awesome necklaces and bracelets like that. I love pretty stones in silver!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's pretty Pancua! You could make some awesome necklaces and bracelets like that. I love pretty stones in silver!
Thanks! I am going to attempt a ring at some point as well. I have a stone that would look awesome. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mom has a huge collection of seaglass so I've been playing around with wire wrapping some of her pieces for her. It's become my new hobby.. So relaxing. I can't wait for this weather to warm up so I can collect some more seaglass at the beach

Those are so pretty!!

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom has a huge collection of seaglass so I've been playing around with wire wrapping some of her pieces for her. It's become my new hobby.. So relaxing. I can't wait for this weather to warm up so I can collect some more seaglass at the beach

Aww thank you!!! I was afraid the crystals would take away from the seaglass but my mom loves it.. She says it reminds her of cherry blossoms. I actually made 2 more today. This thread has kick started my jewelry making again lol.

That looks yummy!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dec 5th, I mixed up some ingredients and put them in the pantry to sit and wait.

This past weekend saw me filtering and bottling that delicious liquid up to take to a camping event this weekend. This is my Autumn Spice cordial which has won me 2 competitions so far. It's like drinking an apple pie with a kick without that alcoholic burn so you forget you are drinking something with alcohol. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This past year I have been experimenting and tweaking a pumpkin version. It's not quite as smooth as the one above but its getting there. It will also be making it debut this weekend.

I made this using clay and two pieces of cuttlefish bone. You carve out your design, and a channel that will allow you to pour metal into it. Place two cuttlebone pieces together, seal edges with clay, and pour metal. once its dry you break the cuttle bone off, and brush excess out of crevices. I then dipped it in Liver of sulpher which is a petina, so that the detail would show. I also sawed off the channel (excess metal)

A tree keychain made out of copper and bronze

^ holds my bracelets in my bathroom :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a mini hat I am decorating for St. Patty's Day for a party.

I'm still adding beads.

I'd love to see how it looks when you're done! ^^

Might be hitting childhoods here, but does anyone remember "Cardcaptor Sakura" or "Cardcaptors"?.... Well:

Handmade by me. Only thing I ever handcrafted actually too. Beak is kinda small, but it turned out durable and pretty awesome.

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Might be hitting childhoods here, but does anyone remember "Cardcaptor Sakura" or "Cardcaptors"?.... Well:

Handmade by me. Only thing I ever handcrafted actually too. Beak is kinda small, but it turned out durable and pretty awesome.
that is pretty dead on! Also I loved this show! My bf and a friend are soo trying to get me to watch more anime...but I think it's just gonna suck me in and take all my time! D: I started watching Sword Art Online and it's really cool! We are going to do like a weekly thing were we get together and watch it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that is pretty dead on! Also I loved this show! My bf and a friend are soo trying to get me to watch more anime...but I think it's just gonna suck me in and take all my time! D: I started watching Sword Art Online and it's really cool! We are going to do like a weekly thing were we get together and watch it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Never took you for an anime fan, lol. And that's funny. I am actually making a competitive AMV for SAO for something coming up in two months. >_>.... I watched up to episode 16 and just kind of dropped. I am not too good for actiony shows, but I LOVE sentimental, romance, and drama.

And thanks for the compliment! I haven't watched much lately myself. I might see one in every like.... year to two years, but I try.

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never took you for an anime fan, lol. And that's funny. I am actually making a competitive AMV for SAO for something coming up in two months. >_>.... I watched up to episode 16 and just kind of dropped. I am not too good for actiony shows, but I LOVE sentimental, romance, and drama.

And thanks for the compliment! I haven't watched much lately myself. I might see one in every like.... year to two years, but I try.
oh I'm not a die hard fan, I've seen some, but my friend and my bf are like: you should start watching some more anime...I would and I probably would get super addicted to all the shows lol, which is why I don't want to! XD

Lol, I love some, but I am not addicted, lol. If you like really inspirational drama stuff, I really advise you to check out this one that really break my heart, "Full Moon wo Sagashite".... It was amazing. It's about a 10 year old girl who has a dream of being a singer, however, she has throat cancer, so she can't strain her voice. She then gets visited by death gods (who are dressed all happy for the sake of kids) who tell her she has one year left to live. After the trouble of her rebelling and pleading with them, they make her into a 16 year old temporarily (at the will of the male death god) with no voice restraint, just for the one year. I haven't cried so hard for an anime before, it was beautiful. ):....

But yeah, just don't get addicted, and play it slow. People knock the shows, but some out there are unbelievably great, like that one. It's a show I wish I never watched so I could re-experience.

It's been a busy few months but now that the move is complete, I have unearthed all my UFO (unfinished projects) and getting them done! The first is charmed bookmarks I promised to a friend to give out as gifts. I handed her 40 of the ones in black last week. The ones in yellow are the newest batch I am working on. I'll be making a total of 200 - 300 of these.

I've also bitten the bullet, pulled out an unfinished dress and faced down the fear I had in dealing with sewing on fur. I've never worked with fur before so it was kind of intimidating and while I certainly need more practice, I like how it came out. I still need to hem down the neckline and bead the torso a bit but for the most part, it is complete.

Now I can move on to a new doublet for my fighting tournament season coming up!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been a busy few months but now that the move is complete, I have unearthed all my UFO (unfinished projects) and getting them done! The first is charmed bookmarks I promised to a friend to give out as gifts. I handed her 40 of the ones in black last week. The ones in yellow are the newest batch I am working on. I'll be making a total of 200 - 300 of these.

I've also bitten the bullet, pulled out an unfinished dress and faced down the fear I had in dealing with sewing on fur. I've never worked with fur before so it was kind of intimidating and while I certainly need more practice, I like how it came out. I still need to hem down the neckline and bead the torso a bit but for the most part, it is complete.

Now I can move on to a new doublet for my fighting tournament season coming up!
Wow, that's gorgeous!

Back