Aromaleigh Cosmetics (non-sub)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unrelated but I freaking LOVE moving baggies into jars. I find it so methodical and relaxing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Can I send you a box of baggies and a bunch of empty jars?  I HATE this with a passion.  And always feel like I have several applications worth of shadow left behind.  So I hang on to the baggies thinking I will use those first.  And that defeats my purpose of transferring.  Too many baggies.  Too much mess.  Right now, they are all just lumped together and untouched.  

Can I send you a box of baggies and a bunch of empty jars?  I HATE this with a passion.  And always feel like I have several applications worth of shadow left behind.  So I hang on to the baggies thinking I will use those first.  And that defeats my purpose of transferring.  Too many baggies.  Too much mess.  Right now, they are all just lumped together and untouched.  
I think the trick is getting all of the actual powder out of the bag. Any residue left on the inside just needs to be tossed, there's no saving it. You just have to let it go, lol.

I like depotting and pressing samples! Lol I just pressed 10 yesterday after buying the 100 pack of 15mm from TKb lol.

I also like the size and prize point of the minis for several reasons.

1. Because it makes sense to the owner

2. It cost less than full sizes. I've bought everything from them during sales so I don't mind getting more product at a great price even if I have to stalk and wait a bit

3. This size will be easier to press if I feel like it

4. I like to buy full collections if possible. So any price break is great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I send you a box of baggies and a bunch of empty jars? I HATE this with a passion. And always feel like I have several applications worth of shadow left behind. So I hang on to the baggies thinking I will use those first. And that defeats my purpose of transferring. Too many baggies. Too much mess. Right now, they are all just lumped together and untouched.
Legit I would do it!!
And yes I agree with kelly. I never get 100% out of the baggy but I just let the stuff that's stuck go. I scrape it as best I can with a knife and the rest is just a loss, but not like I didn't get my dollars worth even without it

I also love transferring sample baggies to jars. Which reminds me that I need to buy more jars! In regards to Aromaleigh, I really do love their shadows, the Sol Invictus collection is absolutely incredible! They do duochrome and glitter shadows like a boss.

I don't mind doing it either! I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a cart of Asteriai samples that I fully intend on putting into jars. It's only $20 for two sample sets and I buy 50 jars for $14 so it's less than $4 for the jars I will use.  So $24 versus $40 makes more sense to me right now.

I may buy a $40 set down the road if it's an option if I love the colors as much as I think I will. Honestly I've never seen a collection that I've *had to have* as much as this one. 
IF I had the jars, it wouldn't be a huge deal if I really wanted the collection. But I never think of buying the freakin' jars.

Legit I would do it!!

And yes I agree with kelly. I never get 100% out of the baggy but I just let the stuff that's stuck go. I scrape it as best I can with a knife and the rest is just a loss, but not like I didn't get my dollars worth even without it
Yes, this is a deterrent fo rme, too.

I do have one of those spatulas meant to get the last product out of a container? I might use that and see how it does at getting the last bits of shadow out.

IF I had the jars, it wouldn't be a huge deal if I really wanted the collection. But I never think of buying the freakin' jars.
THIS IS MY PROBLEM! I went ahead and ordered more jars today. It is just so much easier for a nice, pretty jar to show up in the mail than to have to deal with baggies.

I just woke up this morning & read the Facebook post. I totally feel awful if my comments made her that upset. It was not my intention at all.

I totally understand that she is the business owner & she makes the decisions. And her customer base will support her in whatever decision she makes. There is no way possible to make everyone happy. That's just life. I think minis is a must with Aromaleigh. It's a good move even if it's not exactly what I wanted or hoped for. It's still going to be good for her because people want minis. So I hope she continues because it will make a lot of customers really happy.

I will most definitely buy the minis during sales when they are $3 because I absolutely love her colors.

Please don't worry about that! You're too sweet and tactful, and as a consumer of a business who has a FB TO communicate with you, you totally have a right to voice how you feel about it!

How do you girls feel about her updates on FB? She has made several, and now there is a poll on her FB about the size of her products. Here's the poll (if I'm not allowed to link this, please let me know and I'll remove it immediately!):

https://aromaleighv2.wordpress.com/2014/12/27/eyeshadow-product-size-poll-wed-like-your-feedback/

The whole jars vs baggies remains a non-issue for me, since I will always pick jars regardless of size or price. I am worried however, that she seems to be getting a bit frustrated with the way the replies are coming in, and I worry that she'll decide to drop the mini jars all together

While of course everyone has the right to blah blah blah some ladies (none that I recognize from MUT, thankfully) have been quite aggressive in their stance. Which I don't think is the right way to go.

Aromaleigh just had a huge business change doing the sub boxes. Now she is very quickly making another change. I think it might be too much, too soon, and with such negative pressure on her she will end up dropping the matter all together, which wouldn't be good for anyone who wants to shop with her, in the long run!

In regards to the jar sizes, Aromaleigh announced that they will be making deluxe sample jars in response to their poll results.

"I have updated the ASTERIAI collection to reflect the addition of the “deluxe sample” size that received more votes. The Asteriai collection is the only collection at this time which shows these product size changes. This collection will function as a test offering, to help me understand your purchasing trends and to adjust to formulating and maintaining inventory of a new jar size, as I’m not sure what this change will require in terms of my inventory space, order processing changes, etc.

If this test offering goes well, I will slowly expand this size change to other collections, one at a time. I will hold a voting poll to help me determine which collection you desire to be expanded into the deluxe sample size, first. Because I work alone and am not able to employ staff, expanding my entire eyeshadow catalog to include the deluxe sample size might take a while. This is why opening voting polls about which collection you want to see expanded the most, will be an important part of the process."

"Sample baggie: $1 – eighth (1/8) teaspoon in a zip baggie

Deluxe Sample: $3 – quarter (1/4) teaspoon in 3 gram jar. No sifter. Bottom label only.

Mini Jar: $4 – half teaspoon (1/2) .8 gram net wt- in 3 gram jar with sifter and top/bottom labels. (This option will discontinue once I sell out jarred inventory)

Full Size Jar: $6.50 in a 5 gram jar with sifter and top/bottom labels. This size jar contains 3/4 teaspoon which has a minimum net gram weight of 1.2 grams. I label jar weights on the conservatively low side. Product ranges in weight depending on formula from 1.5 to 2 grams."

So which sizes are you all getting? I REALLY want this whole collection - I love the colors! At the moment I'm super excited about their sub shipping soon and I wanted to wait and see how much I like the products I get before I order more but I don't know if I can wait so long ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay!  I'll be ordering deluxe samples of the complete collection just as soon as I can afford it, so probably in three weeks (I get paid every other week, and this week's check is already allocated to rent and bills) unless I get some eBay listed and sold sooner.

I'm so happy she listened to our opinions and is giving us a better option in sample jars!  I know this change will be hard for her, but I hope it's worth it in the long run.  I'm totally willing to throw more money at Aromaleigh for sample jars!

I'm so super thrilled with this!!! I will most definitely be getting the collection in the sample jars!

Good for her for asking her customers & working with change. I know it's hard for her so I hope a lot of people buy them! I know I will!!!! :). Yay for pretty colors!

I am definitely going to pick up one of the smaller jar sizes, but since it won't be right away I will have to see what's in stock/if there is a sale/what not before I decide which size.

Good for her for finding a workable solution for the time being! I hope it goes well! :smilehappyyes:

Since I am starting my no buy tomorrow, I had to pick up a few things today! I picked up a few deluxe samples from the new collection (I love that this is now an option), plus sample baggies of the Sol Invictis collection. That collection has been calling to me and I could not miss out on grabbing them before they were retired!

I have a bunch of to-be-discontinued Sol Invictus samples in my cart for the same no-buy reason, but I noticed that collection isn't permanently retiring - it will be back next holiday season. I haven't even touched my Brilliant Deductions samples yet, so I think I can wait.

So I resisted that. Then I placed an order from the clearance site because I found the most perfect blush for my face ever and I'm afraid it will sell out forever while I'm on a no-buy.

Back