Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's the box I just got:

I tried my hardest to get the Joico to show up but it never did, and would have loved some kind of body butter or body scrub. But overall, I'm pretty happy with the box.

I was surprised by how much I liked the Weleda moisturizer (thankfully expires in August or something). It's not greasy and has a pleasantly smooth texture. The LaRocca lip balm came in Rose. For me, it was more like a gloss since it had a decent amount of color. It has a very patchy application though, and like snllama said, I can't see it being used as a gloss nor a balm the way it is. It smells amazing though...like raspberries.

I'm excited to try the rest of the stuff. The mask looks interesting, and so does the foundation.

Is it just me, or did Beauty Army add a few new brands under the "brands" tab? (And not just for men.) Here's hoping for some new products!
They recently mentioned on fb some exciting stuff was happening, if I remember correctly, and they are definitely expanding as a company, so I wouldn't doubt new brands are on the way!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

So, just wanted to update, my refund showed up in my account today.  It took 3 business days, I guess that's standard for credits/returns on a CC.  

I also wanted to add that I actually like the foundation sample that was in my April kit. To me, it worked as med-full coverage.  I received the medium shade, but It was slightly lighter than my skintone, which I consider med/olive.  It mixes nicely with my favorite, Revlon Colorstay and when applied with my stippling brush, it's pretty flawless.  I don't know that I would order it in a full size, but the sample size is deluxe, so it should last quite awhile.

Originally Posted by Foureaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, just wanted to update, my refund showed up in my account today.  It took 3 business days, I guess that's standard for credits/returns on a CC.  

I also wanted to add that I actually like the foundation sample that was in my April kit. To me, it worked as med-full coverage.  I received the medium shade, but It was slightly lighter than my skintone, which I consider med/olive.  It mixes nicely with my favorite, Revlon Colorstay and when applied with my stippling brush, it's pretty flawless.  I don't know that I would order it in a full size, but the sample size is deluxe, so it should last quite awhile.
Yeah I really like the foundation I got too. Im tempted to buy the full-size. I love that myface considered that most fair skinned gals have issues with redness. And it really does help reduce my redness. I just wish it had a bit more coverage. Or maybe I need the fair 01 because if I try and cover up too much Im too orange.

Do you guys know how long is it supposed to take for beautyarmy to ship your kit after you make your selections? It always seems to take forever... I selected my samples on Monday and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation
frown.gif

Do you guys know how long is it supposed to take for beautyarmy to ship your kit after you make your selections? It always seems to take forever... I selected my samples on Monday and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation
frown.gif
They ship on Tuesday's and Friday's. If you select your samples by midnight Sunday, they ship Tuesday. If you select by midnight Wednesday, they ship on Friday. So yours should ship today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops lol I can't figure out how to get the pic like you ladies
fragez.gif
You can upload it to makeuptalk's servers, I usually save a screenshot to my computer, crop it, and then upload it here.

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They ship on Tuesday's and Friday's. If you select your samples by midnight Sunday, they ship Tuesday. If you select by midnight Wednesday, they ship on Friday.
So yours should ship today
biggrin.gif
Thanks! I only hope they don't have an issue with shipping again, and they do ship it today... I seem to have a bit of bad luck with shipping with this service! But, that aside, I still love beautyarmy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops lol I can't figure out how to get the pic like you ladies
fragez.gif
I just use the snipping tool in my laptop to "take the picture", save it and hit "insert image" on the top of the reply box

I emailed them about the leaky foundation I received on the 14th and never heard back. I hadn't realized it had been that long, but I'm not thrilled with the customer service so far. I re-emailed, hopefully they can get back to me soon.

Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them about the leaky foundation I received on the 14th and never heard back. I hadn't realized it had been that long, but I'm not thrilled with the customer service so far. I re-emailed, hopefully they can get back to me soon.
try emailing nancy directly? She always responds within the day and will get you in contact with the right people.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

try emailing nancy directly? She always responds within the day and will get you in contact with the right people.
They got back to me right away this time, I guess my first email went into their spam folder? She was really nice, so I'm happy--I just don't understand the spam folder thing. I've had that happen with a few other companies, too, so I'm not upset or anything, but it seems a bit weird. I'm not sending out mass mailings of complaints or anything! : )

I just received my april box and my foundation sample was opened and covered absolutely everything! I was so excited to try that makeup sample and I think over half of it is gone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Im going to write nancy and hope she can send me another one but I read on here that a lot of girls were having a hard time getting the medium shade to come up, I hope its not all gone already. Has anyone had it come up in their selections recently?

Originally Posted by goodgollymolly6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my april box and my foundation sample was opened and covered absolutely everything! I was so excited to try that makeup sample and I think over half of it is gone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Im going to write nancy and hope she can send me another one but I read on here that a lot of girls were having a hard time getting the medium shade to come up, I hope its not all gone already. Has anyone had it come up in their selections recently?

Mine was in the light shade but I had the same problem towards the beginning of the month. Here is the response I received from them: 

Hi  Cherise,
Oh nos!  We are sorry to hear that your MyFace Foundation reported for duty damaged.  Although I can not replace the damaged sample at this time,  we would like to do is offer you a 7th sample when you choose your next Kit.  Simply reply to THIS email with your 7th sample choice from your Selection Window (And if you like, I can see if the MyFace is in stock at that time) and I will add it to your Kit.  

I just found your first email from on the 14th, it went into our spam folder.   If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

We're always on the front lines of beauty for you.

With beautiful well wishes,
Rachel
Customer Success Manager

Medium was available when I selected my samples on the 26th. I really hope mine doesn't show up leaking!

Back