Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get to choose any of the foundations or powders, but I got to choose a LaRocca lip gloss (just appeared 5 min ago
biggrin.gif
), the Joico K Pak, the ClickR blemish pen and an eye cream and 2 different perfumes (I usually don't want perfumes but I have a few trips ahead of me and I think they are going to be great to carry while travelling)! So, overall I'm pretty pleased... especially since I got 3 full sized items (I think)!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The AtoPalm looks intriguing.  Didn't see that when I chose.  Wonder what it is?  I looked at their website and they seem like an interesting company.
I love Atopalm so far.  I got a sample (it looks like probably the same sample even) in an order from EssentialDermcare last year.  It's the best body/hand moisturizer I've ever used.  My hands get scary dry in the winter and if I do too much cleaning/laundry/dishes they get that way even now that winter is over.  My hands will literally burn and this stuff fixes it almost instantly and gets them back to normal.

I just ordered their hand cream recently when I used my quarterly BeautyFix coupon this time - that is how much I loved it.  And Dermstore had a GWP for some Atopalm makeup wipes that I can't wait to try out at the gym!  Anyways, good company IMO.  The best I've come across for my sensitive and reactive skin!

I just got my invitation to join, I keep redoing the quiz to try to get some better things without losing the pink sugar sample

I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get to choose any of the foundations or powders, but I got to choose a LaRocca lip gloss (just appeared 5 min ago
biggrin.gif
), the Joico K Pak, the ClickR blemish pen and an eye cream and 2 different perfumes (I usually don't want perfumes but I have a few trips ahead of me and I think they are going to be great to carry while travelling)! So, overall I'm pretty pleased... especially since I got 3 full sized items (I think)!
icon_wink.gif

GAH, I wish I was able to get that gloss. Man, I should have waited a day. Sad for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The AtoPalm looks intriguing.  Didn't see that when I chose.  Wonder what it is?  I looked at their website and they seem like an interesting company.

I love Atopalm so far.  I got a sample (it looks like probably the same sample even) in an order from EssentialDermcare last year.  It's the best body/hand moisturizer I've ever used.  My hands get scary dry in the winter and if I do too much cleaning/laundry/dishes they get that way even now that winter is over.  My hands will literally burn and this stuff fixes it almost instantly and gets them back to normal.

I just ordered their hand cream recently when I used my quarterly BeautyFix coupon this time - that is how much I loved it.  And Dermstore had a GWP for some Atopalm makeup wipes that I can't wait to try out at the gym!  Anyways, good company IMO.  The best I've come across for my sensitive and reactive skin!
oOo good to know! My 12 year old has really dry skin (she has Ichthyosis) and I was thinking it would be good for her.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GAH, I wish I was able to get that gloss. Man, I should have waited a day. Sad for me.
Maybe you'll get to choose it next time... it was the first time a lip gloss appeared in my selection and they've had those since January!

Oh, by the way the atopalm moisturizers must be amazing for dry skin. My skin is usually combination-oily, but if something irritates it or the weather gets really cold and windy my skin hurts and peels around my mouth. When this happened last year nothing could help me but then I remembered I had this moisturizing cream sample for dry skin and I just tried it. I remember it was really thick (almost like a balm) and my skin around my mouth was soothed instantly, it wouldn't hurt or feel tight anymore and the next day it was totally back to normal. I didn't really know this brand then, but now I definitely recognize it!

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get the Beauty Army Men email? I can't figure out how to work it in my profile!
In the profile quiz, when it asks you what products you want, I think you just have to choose men. I don't pick until the 1st so I can't test, but that is how I understood the email. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the profile quiz, when it asks you what products you want, I think you just have to choose men. I don't pick until the 1st so I can't test, but that is how I understood the email. 
Yeah, exactly! I gave it a try but only the hey dude wash came up! I don't think they have a big selection of men items right now..

Just made my selections, I had the lip gloss but couldn't find a way to keep that and the pink sugar sample, which I really want. So I ended with this

I'm glad that they're getting in samples for men next month. I don't usually use men's products but I'd be willing to give it a try. Anyone else get an email about this?

Has anyone recently used the "skip" option?  If so, how long does it take to see the refund.  According to Beauty Army, if you skip on the first day of your window, your charge will be reversed on the same day.  This didn't happen for me, I had to email Nance-Lee.  She said she manually adjusted for me yesterday and I got an email stating I would be getting a refund, but the credit is still not showing on my account as of just now.  This is a new feature, so there maybe some kinks to work out, but I would have liked to see that credit/refund on the day I skipped.

Originally Posted by Foureaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone recently used the "skip" option?  If so, how long does it take to see the refund.  According to Beauty Army, if you skip on the first day of your window, your charge will be reversed on the same day.  This didn't happen for me, I had to email Nance-Lee.  She said she manually adjusted for me yesterday and I got an email stating I would be getting a refund, but the credit is still not showing on my account as of just now.  This is a new feature, so there maybe some kinks to work out, but I would have liked to see that credit/refund on the day I skipped.
If they are charging then refunding, its a credit card thing that takes 3-5 days. It'd make more sense to just not charge at all/charge when ship is pushed.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they are charging then refunding, its a credit card thing that takes 3-5 days. It'd make more sense to just not charge at all/charge when ship is pushed.
I'll check in a few days. It would def. make more sense if they waited to charge.  I may cancel the 2nd acct tho,  at least until they get more products....

I got the Larocca lip balm in my first kit...it smells great and appears to have a color but I don't consider it a gloss. I thought that's what I was getting, but IMO its definitely a balm... I forget when my window opens but I wanna say its next Thursday? I'm excited about that...AND excited that if nothing is new I can skip :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ended up not using the Larocca lip gloss too much. The color doesn't stay even on my lips for long, so unlike other balm-y products I have to actually apply this in a mirror and blot. 

I ended up not using the Larocca lip gloss too much. The color doesn't stay even on my lips for long, so unlike other balm-y products I have to actually apply this in a mirror and blot. 
Well now I don't feel as bad that I missed out on it.. I love gloss and probably wouldn't have ended up using the Lorocca much.

Here's the box I just got:

I tried my hardest to get the Joico to show up but it never did, and would have loved some kind of body butter or body scrub. But overall, I'm pretty happy with the box.

I was surprised by how much I liked the Weleda moisturizer (thankfully expires in August or something). It's not greasy and has a pleasantly smooth texture. The LaRocca lip balm came in Rose. For me, it was more like a gloss since it had a decent amount of color. It has a very patchy application though, and like snllama said, I can't see it being used as a gloss nor a balm the way it is. It smells amazing though...like raspberries.

I'm excited to try the rest of the stuff. The mask looks interesting, and so does the foundation.

Is it just me, or did Beauty Army add a few new brands under the "brands" tab? (And not just for men.) Here's hoping for some new products!

Back