Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My picks opened up today and they're not very good at all. I'd like to try the pink sugar, but they only way i can get it to come up is with FOUR other perfume samples and two tiny packets. Pretty sure I'm not paying $12 for perfume samples and packets :/

Aww, I bet you can get the Pink Sugar sample thru Sephora (not in their original cute package tho), because I don't think that tiny vial worth the $2. My picks will open in 4 days and I hope I don't get craps :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My picks opened up today and they're not very good at all. I'd like to try the pink sugar, but they only way i can get it to come up is with FOUR other perfume samples and two tiny packets. Pretty sure I'm not paying $12 for perfume samples and packets :/

I cancelled my Beauty Army last month but then out of curiosity I logged on and saw some cool new products I had to try. Now my new selection date is the 2nd of each month instead of the 1st but that's okay. I personally feel this is one of the best BA boxes I've received since they first launched. I received the cell. spf 55 which is perfect because it's already starting to warm up here in Texas and I have been looking to purchase a sunblock (it's kind of pricey but I plan on purchasing the full size). I had to try the pink sugar as I've been obsessed with perfumes lately though for some reason I prefer to collect higher end brands (my most recent purchase is coco chanel) but it smells good and is fun to try. I also selected the kpak reconstructor. One of my gfs is a hair stylist and I remember her raving about this product. I believe this sample is Full sized! I also picked the Karuna mask which is fun to use and I plan on purchasing this product as well. I like that I can just put the mask on and don't have to rinse it off. I actually have my mask on right now as I am typing this! I am also slightly obsessed with lotions and spa products and loved her scrub so I also selected the Indie Lee body lotion. The scent of the lotion and scrub remind of the Bliss lemon sage line, but Indie Lee products are all natural! I plan on purchasing both the scrub and lotion but right now I have so many lotions and potions I'm trying to use up what I have before purchasing more. I'm so happy I decided to take a peek into my account and I was able to resubscribe.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ack. Now I want the Pink Sugar. I hope it it there when I next window opens!

It was still there today! I have a half used sample you can have, lol. I ended up buying a full sized because I love it. 

My second window opened today, and I was going to skip it, but there were 4 products I wanted to try, so I just got it. I was able to get the mymix foundation and I'm looking forward to that, a second karuna mask (this one is brightening, the first was anti-blemish), and a few other products I wanted, so yay! 

Thanks, but it is probably more effort for you than it is worth!

My next window is the end of April-first of May. I now wonder if I should change to the middle of the month.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was still there today! I have a half used sample you can have, lol. I ended up buying a full sized because I love it. 

My second window opened today, and I was going to skip it, but there were 4 products I wanted to try, so I just got it. I was able to get the mymix foundation and I'm looking forward to that, a second karuna mask (this one is brightening, the first was anti-blemish), and a few other products I wanted, so yay! 

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, but it is probably more effort for you than it is worth!

My next window is the end of April-first of May. I now wonder if I should change to the middle of the month.
As someone who has two subs, one on the 1st of the month, the other on the 16th, I honestly think it doesn't matter when your pick date is. Some people complain no matter what time of the month they pick, that its not fair that new samples are added at the beginning of the month or the middle of the month, but from what I can tell, they are pretty well distributed as to when they add them, just as they become available. 

And that is what I was wondering- if anyone had picked up on a pattern. That's good to know!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As someone who has two subs, one on the 1st of the month, the other on the 16th, I honestly think it doesn't matter when your pick date is. Some people complain no matter what time of the month they pick, that its not fair that new samples are added at the beginning of the month or the middle of the month, but from what I can tell, they are pretty well distributed as to when they add them, just as they become available. 

Got my box today. Overall I'm pretty happy, my picks were 

The sizes of samples are decent. The foundation sample is 15 ml which is half of usuall size ! Plus I was supposed to get sample size of purlisse lip balm (the same as in my glam bag) but i got full size product !! That made me really happy.

The only odd thing is the size of the skin prep FX tube. There's only 0.16 oz inside and the tube could fit at least 5x more, I don't know if they try to fool us and make us think "oh there's so much product inside" ?

I'm happy though. My sample choice was completely different from the first box and I'm pleased with what I got :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box today. Overall I'm pretty happy, my picks were 

The sizes of samples are decent. The foundation sample is 15 ml which is half of usuall size ! Plus I was supposed to get sample size of purlisse lip balm (the same as in my glam bag) but i got full size product !! That made me really happy.

The only odd thing is the size of the skin prep FX tube. There's only 0.16 oz inside and the tube could fit at least 5x more, I don't know if they try to fool us and make us think "oh there's so much product inside" ?

I'm happy though. My sample choice was completely different from the first box and I'm pleased with what I got :)
I was so excited to see the cover fx tube size until I saw the product amount in there. They could have put much more in there.... .16 is tiny!

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was so excited to see the cover fx tube size until I saw the product amount in there. They could have put much more in there.... .16 is tiny!

I know right ? It's primer so you usually small amount goes long way but this oversized tube is just hilarious. I would rather get less but in a small tube  

I liked the boo boo cover up (which I received in my first box), but with it being such a tiny amount...it seems to be completely dried up right now, and I have about half of it left....I mean, it's not like the product is super expensive so I don't understand why they couldn't have included more of it in that jar....

I have two Beauty Army accounts, one from the first box on the 1st and another on the 17th.  I was really happy with my samples from the 1st and thought I'd use their new feature enabling us to skip a month . . . but then I got to playing with my profile.  It's addictive!  I ended up with the perfect box for me, including a few things that I have already so I can use them to give to friends.  I mean, I couldn't skip a big Joico K-Pak, 2 foundations, portable SPF tiny enough for my purse, a $20 Pur-lisse lip conditioner and a $16 Click Acne Pen!  That's over 50 bucks in value, shipped for 12 bucks.  It's going to make my gift bags even more personal.  It's so funny, even my guy friends will say, "Hey, I'm having a little bit of dry skin, do you have anything for that?"  Yup, sure do!  Insane.  I am officially the crazy cosmetics girl.

My selection window opened 2 days ago and i spent 4 hours per day (til earlier this morning) retaking the survey because I do not like my selection.

Today I received an invite for Birchbox Men and seems like I want to skip this month so I could give way for that one, but it seems like hubby doesnt like it (ill think about it within tomorrow).

Before I made this post, i decided to retake my beauty profile and told myself if I cant get decent choices within 30 minutes, il definitely skip.

In one try, i got these and decided to continue (fearing I might lose these selections again)

I think I'll be happy to see these in my next box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anybody tried any of these? Any feedback is appreciated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have the Shea Terra Black Soap and it is ah-mazing!

Shea Terra has promotion right now (i saw it via StephsBeauty in her FB)

You might want to grab that opportunity (I havent shopped at Beauty Army yet but will check on that first)

I was about to skip this month but decided to give it another try and ended up going with this.  I'm pretty happy.  =]

​

Latest posts

Back