Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey my selection opens up on Saturday and I really want to try a LaRocca product. Would you mind telling me what that product is exactly?  Did it say how big it was?

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selection window opened 2 days ago and i spent 4 hours per day (til earlier this morning) retaking the survey because I do not like my selection.

Today I received an invite for Birchbox Men and seems like I want to skip this month so I could give way for that one, but it seems like hubby doesnt like it (ill think about it within tomorrow).

Before I made this post, i decided to retake my beauty profile and told myself if I cant get decent choices within 30 minutes, il definitely skip.

In one try, i got these and decided to continue (fearing I might lose these selections again)

I think I'll be happy to see these in my next box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anybody tried any of these? Any feedback is appreciated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have the Shea Terra Black Soap and it is ah-mazing!

Shea Terra has promotion right now (i saw it via StephsBeauty in her FB)

You might want to grab that opportunity (I havent shopped at Beauty Army yet but will check on that first)

My selection window starts on the 26th, so last month all of my options were the same as the time before. I am really excited to see that they have new things, already have 6 samples in mind now's all I have to do is play with my profile enough to get all of the samples within my 9 to select from!
top.gif

It wasn't popping up for me at all because I was selecting fine hair, if you put dry/coarse hair and choose hair as one of your concerns, it'll most likely show up, especially if you only choose 5 or so concerns.  

The AtoPalm looks intriguing.  Didn't see that when I chose.  Wonder what it is?  I looked at their website and they seem like an interesting company.  I love how Beauty Army opens us up to all of these new to us companies.  Like Shea Terra.  I love their black soap, it works wonders.  But I forgot about that BaoBabs Shea Terra!  It came up as one of my choices in the beginning but then I got such a great box I was afraid of losing it and forgetting the magic combination of choices and just went with it.  I forgot to choose body.  Hopefully it's still there by the 1st, I'd love to get some.  Do you ladies who have it think it would work for a back massage for my sweetie?  Is it a good consistency for that?  I usually use oil with essential oils in it for massages, but some of those decadent body butters seem like they'd work great for a good back rub.  Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want that Joico. I hope I get it next time. The Cellceuticals is popping up again. Urg.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this month's selections, but will wait until the last day of my selection window to decide whether to skip the month. Last month they got a huge shipment in the day after I selected.

My selection window just opened and I am a little disappointed... no makeup item appears no matter what I do in my profile, even if I select just makeup! My last selection was before their big shipment of new products, so I've never gotten the foundation or any of the powders they have
icon_cry.gif
Does anyone else have this problem? Do you think they will get any new samples within the next 3-4 days?

They still have the liquid foundation for mediums skintone, I am on the fence if I should get it because my skintone is light, all they had is porcelain and pale...

I can't even get the medium shade of foundation to show up. It is frustrating really, because no matter what changes I make to my profile (age 13 or 50, acne control or wrinkle treatment... ) I always get the EXACT same selections.. this is just weird!

I guess I'll wait for a few more days and if I'm still disappointed I might just skip the month
icon_sad.gif

Are you changing your skin tone when you change your profile? My window doesn't even open until the 26th and last month were the same options as the one before so I am really hoping that they have stuff available by then. From what I've seen they got a lot more to chose from since the last time I got to chose samples. GL I hope you have more to chose from before your window time ends.

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't even get the medium shade of foundation to show up. It is frustrating really, because no matter what changes I make to my profile (age 13 or 50, acne control or wrinkle treatment... ) I always get the EXACT same selections.. this is just weird!

I guess I'll wait for a few more days and if I'm still disappointed I might just skip the month
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you changing your skin tone when you change your profile? My window doesn't even open until the 26th and last month were the same options as the one before so I am really hoping that they have stuff available by then. From what I've seen they got a lot more to chose from since the last time I got to chose samples. GL I hope you have more to chose from before your window time ends.
Well thanks... I really hope so! So far I've tried every skin tone from porcelain to olive (I have fairly light skin so I cannot go any darker), but I got nothing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay, so I went to my secondary email to check on the Birchbox Befine expired products and see if I had one of the boxes with Befine in it, and I saw an invite to Beauty Army.  This must have been from when I was playing with choices and then didn't realize that it was waitlisted and that I'd be put on it.  I don't need yet another sub to it, but I was curious as to the samples today and they gave me some doozies!  I don't know what I chose as I was playing with it from before but there were 4 fragrance samples all set in my choices.  Pink Sugar, RosieJane/Leila Lou, Lucy B Pink Frangipani and get this, one called Sex Panther!  Here's the description:

SEX PANTHER Sex Panther cologne lures you in with clean and refreshing top notes of fresh air accord and juniper while the heart of the fragrance centers around lavender and sensual musks. As the fragrance evolves it turns warmer as it envelopes you with masculine notes of cedar and sandalwood. Sample Size: 0.1 fl oz   Pretty funny, right?  Plus, the Leila Lou fragrance offers the opposite, if you will, rather than sex, it offers innocence, smh  -    ROSIE JANE LEILA LOU A light scent perfect for every occasion. Leila Lou captures the alluring scent of innocence and freshness. You will fall in love with this fragrance! Sample Size: 0.1 fl oz   So, which are you, a Rosie Jane or a Sex Panther?  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sex Panther all the way! It sounds like a cheesy anime that Cartoon Network is embarrassed to show too early. I was just wondering if anyone had taken advantage of the Pink Sugar gift with purchase special last month. I still haven't received my order. I emailed and got a quick response, but I'm afraid I've been a real asspain checking up on every order I've made.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sex Panther all the way! It sounds like a cheesy anime that Cartoon Network is embarrassed to show too early.
I was just wondering if anyone had taken advantage of the Pink Sugar gift with purchase special last month. I still haven't received my order. I emailed and got a quick response, but I'm afraid I've been a real asspain checking up on every order I've made.
I received my order without the gwp (my main reason for making the purchase) and Nancy-Lee was looking into it but I think pink sugar might just suck. Which is sad cause I bought a full size of their perfume and love it and now I want all of the pink sugar stuff lol. Guess I'll have to get it through sephora, not through pink sugar directly.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my order without the gwp (my main reason for making the purchase) and Nancy-Lee was looking into it but I think pink sugar might just suck. Which is sad cause I bought a full size of their perfume and love it and now I want all of the pink sugar stuff lol. Guess I'll have to get it through sephora, not through pink sugar directly.
I'm kind of surprised, I've never had an issue quite like this. There was a full size order that had been lost, but it was actually rectified within a couple of weeks. Now I think it's been over a month since making this Pink Sugar order, and if it's been like past orders (information submitted by BA to the product manufacturers or distributors) them Aquolina sucks in a very huge way. I still have no complaints abiut BA themselves!

I'll bet they simply don't have any in your skin tone yet. Maybe next month!

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well thanks... I really hope so! So far I've tried every skin tone from porcelain to olive (I have fairly light skin so I cannot go any darker), but I got nothing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of surprised, I've never had an issue quite like this. There was a full size order that had been lost, but it was actually rectified within a couple of weeks. Now I think it's been over a month since making this Pink Sugar order, and if it's been like past orders (information submitted by BA to the product manufacturers or distributors) them Aquolina sucks in a very huge way. I still have no complaints abiut BA themselves!
I will NEVER order from Aquolina again, through any vendor. They are horrible. It has been a month since I placed an order for an item from them through beauty army. Got the other part of my order right away and had to go through hoops to try to get my Pink Sugar stuff. Still never got it. However, Beauty Army has gone through hoops also to try to make the situation right! I don't think BA will be working with them anymore, just my thought. It reflects so badly on them when they are such a good company (Beauty Army, that is). Supposedly, my Pink Sugar stuff is still en route but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will NEVER order from Aquolina again, through any vendor. They are horrible. It has been a month since I placed an order for an item from them through beauty army. Got the other part of my order right away and had to go through hoops to try to get my Pink Sugar stuff. Still never got it. However, Beauty Army has gone through hoops also to try to make the situation right! I don't think BA will be working with them anymore, just my thought. It reflects so badly on them when they are such a good company (Beauty Army, that is).
Supposedly, my Pink Sugar stuff is still en route but I'm not holding my breath.
rolleyes.gif
How long ago did you order? For some reason I'm thinking my order is around 5 weeks old or more, and I think the poor girls at BA have been getting swarmed with emails. The response I got was fairly quick, but kind of short in tone--as if I have either sent too many emails myself or the ladies have been getting too many emails from the rest of America! But order from Aquolina again, oh hell no! I should have just not been lazy and made the two bus trips to the nearest Sephora that carries it. I'm not blaming BA for this one, they've been too good.

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will NEVER order from Aquolina again, through any vendor. They are horrible. It has been a month since I placed an order for an item from them through beauty army. Got the other part of my order right away and had to go through hoops to try to get my Pink Sugar stuff. Still never got it. However, Beauty Army has gone through hoops also to try to make the situation right! I don't think BA will be working with them anymore, just my thought. It reflects so badly on them when they are such a good company (Beauty Army, that is).

Supposedly, my Pink Sugar stuff is still en route but I'm not holding my breath.
rolleyes.gif

How long ago did you order? For some reason I'm thinking my order is around 5 weeks old or more, and I think the poor girls at BA have been getting swarmed with emails. The response I got was fairly quick, but kind of short in tone--as if I have either sent too many emails myself or the ladies have been getting too many emails from the rest of America! But order from Aquolina again, oh hell no! I should have just not been lazy and made the two bus trips to the nearest Sephora that carries it. I'm not blaming BA for this one, they've been too good.
The emails I received at first from Nancy Lee seemed very short and curt to me also. I addressed it and "called her out" on it. And we've been much better since. Either way, they need to be careful the tone conveyed in emails. She went above and beyond and I'm happy with the resolution. I would email again, and ask why the attitude? :rolleyes:

Yes, that's true... I tried choosing the mocha skin tone in my profile and it showed both the foundation and the powder, but nothing for olive and lighter skin tones (and I am fair) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess I was really unlucky with bad timing
frown.gif
I might consider getting the dark powder to try as a bronzer!

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll bet they simply don't have any in your skin tone yet. Maybe next month!

Yesterday was my day to start choosing and I was disappointed in not having any makeup choices too. I was going to skip but after retaking everything a million times I ended up getting the Joico K Pak hair stuff, The ClickR blemish pen, Loracca body balm, Babor Anti-stress jet lag Cream (so far I really like the babor products), Atopalm Face cream and A cellceuticals day cream with 55spf.

Latest posts

Back