Beauty Army: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you think if i call them and tell them what samples i want will work?
no, probably not. I don't think I've ever seen a phone number, and I know other members had previously asked if they could choose samples that weren't showing up and were told no.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to restart my subscription. I think beauty army and I just needed a couple months off to let the good stuff pile up so there were many things I wanted. Here is what I got:

Basically here is the break down: 

1. I need a new all over face primer because I don't like the UD one I've been using. 

2. Wanted to try the besame since it came up, but never had enough other samples I want. 

3. I don't really want another face cream, but its not a packet. 

4. Everyone likes the macadamia oil, and its expensive, so I thought I should try it on my frizzy hair. 

5. I love shea terra, I love chocolate, sold. 

6. No, bath and body works isn't new or expensive, but twilight woods is a scent I like and I have the body splash from a voxbox so I might as well get a matching body wash. I always need soap anyway, lol. 

Overall, I'm happy with it, but I think I'll keep taking a few months off from them, and then just getting one month.
You're going to be happy with the Besame rouge. Normally I don't like cream blushes but Besame's is really nice. Her actual full size packaging is vintage and seriously GORGEOUS. The Youngblood primer is a pain to work with since it doesn't have like a tube insert so you'll be pumping it for a while before you get product out. Shea Terra, I'm so pissed at myself still for having missed my appointment with them at CPNA... their products smell so delicious. Macadamia Oil, I love using their products on my son's hair when I let the boys hair grow out to their ringlets. In fact, this is what my son's hair look like (them age 3):

Overall, I think you have an AMAZING box.

Wow! Impressed with the samples so far. I hope it stays this way until the 9th! (When my window opens) Fingers crossed for the SheaTerra.

I hope a better selection opens in the morning. I love Beauty Army, but come on--Bath and Body Works??? I can't spit without hitting one of those stores where I live, and one of them is just a few blocks up the road from me! And while I like their products by and large, I can take a 10 minute walk to my nearest store and buy some. I like getting my subs for the new and unusual stuff out there. Of all the BBW scents, Twilight Woods is kind of ho-hum for me.

I'm all over the Shea Terra, Bath and Body Works, and Macadamia Oil. Pretty happy with my samples this time.

I don't mind Bath & Body Works. We have one in the town we live in but the next one after that is almost 200 miles away.

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! Impressed with the samples so far. I hope it stays this way until the 9th! (When my window opens) Fingers crossed for the SheaTerra.
yeah i get to pick on the 7th hopefully the SheaTerra will still be there. BTW what was it under on your profile.

oooo My window opens on the 14th and I reeeally hope the chocolate scrub will still be up. If I could snag that and another macadamia oil (LOVE) I'll be ecstatic! I've gotten some really good stuff, 5 full sized proucts in the 2 month's I've subbed so I am excited to see what this month will bring! Not too thrilled about BBW buuuuuut it beats a foil pack/perfume vial ANY day! It's a good size so I'd take it as my 6th!

@blonde415  I think the Shea Terra popped up when I chose brightening. It didn't come up with exfoliant like I thought it would.

@autumnandicarus  Check again in the morning at 9 am. That is when the most sample choices are up.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're going to be happy with the Besame rouge. Normally I don't like cream blushes but Besame's is really nice. Her actual full size packaging is vintage and seriously GORGEOUS. The Youngblood primer is a pain to work with since it doesn't have like a tube insert so you'll be pumping it for a while before you get product out. Shea Terra, I'm so pissed at myself still for having missed my appointment with them at CPNA... their products smell so delicious. Macadamia Oil, I love using their products on my son's hair when I let the boys hair grow out to their ringlets. In fact, this is what my son's hair look like (them age 3):

Overall, I think you have an AMAZING box.
My hair is similar to their's so hopefully it works well for me, haha. Also HOW CUTE. This was my first BA box since April or May I think, not sure since I get confused with my two accounts, but I think a break worked well for us. That is how all of my relationships work, lmao. 

So, this set up, I'm actually ok with. We all know I love Shea Terra. Adore Besame, as well. Pink Sugar used to be my daily fragrance, and I wanted to try the Macadamia oil. the other two items, couldn't care less, but figure between the ST and Besame, I'm getting my $12 worth.

Wow! They have Bath&Body Works?

And I'd love me more SHEA TERRA. I can imagine myself resisting to put the Dark Chocolate Exfoliating Cream in my mouth.

My selections will be opened tomorrow. I'm more than excited already.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! They have Bath&Body Works?

And I'd love me more SHEA TERRA. I can imagine myself resisting to put the Dark Chocolate Exfoliating Cream in my mouth.

My selections will be opened tomorrow. I'm more than excited already.
B&BW isn't really value-added, to me, since they so often do freebies instore, but I use them for a bunch of my gift bags for people, so no big.

The ST is gonna be MINE MINE ALL MINE, though. LOVE them. And if I can pull up different ST stuff next month....I won't cancel LOL

I don't mind Bath & Body Works. We have one in the town we live in but the next one after that is almost 200 miles away.
I don't hate them, but I'm not only in walking distance but I'm in there very frequently as it is. I hate to use an analogy like this, but for me it's kind of like getting Maybelline in a box: I also live within a 10 to 15 minute walk from a large drugstore and two supermarkets, and Walmart is across the street. I can pick up Maybelline anywhere so it wouldn't exactly excite me to see it in a monthly box. I'm not half so peeved over BBW as I am about the men's products, though. At no time have I ever selected men in my profile. My husband has no use for this stuff; he doesn't like cologne and uses a very specific skin care regimen because of severe allergies and eczema. I'm REALLY hoping the selections change. I hate the idea of skipping because Beauty Army has been very good to me and up until now I've been pleased with the offerings. I would have been if my husband could use any of it. But so far, these selections really stink.

I am still not regretting canceling; last time I canceled I really got anxious and had to sign up the next month. I may be on the road to box recovery,

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't hate them, but I'm not only in walking distance but I'm in there very frequently as it is. I hate to use an analogy like this, but for me it's kind of like getting Maybelline in a box: I also live within a 10 to 15 minute walk from a large drugstore and two supermarkets, and Walmart is across the street. I can pick up Maybelline anywhere so it wouldn't exactly excite me to see it in a monthly box.
I'm not half so peeved over BBW as I am about the men's products, though. At no time have I ever selected men in my profile. My husband has no use for this stuff; he doesn't like cologne and uses a very specific skin care regimen because of severe allergies and eczema. I'm REALLY hoping the selections change. I hate the idea of skipping because Beauty Army has been very good to me and up until now I've been pleased with the offerings. I would have been if my husband could use any of it. But so far, these selections really stink.

Beauty Army won't even let me pick samples this month, they skipped me and said I have to wait until next month...

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beauty Army won't even let me pick samples this month, they skipped me and said I have to wait until next month...
dito.gif
wtf.gif

Im gonna wait till 9:00 and see what happens.

Back