Beauty Army: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@blonde415  I think the Shea Terra popped up when I chose brightening. It didn't come up with exfoliant like I thought it would.

@autumnandicarus  Check again in the morning at 9 am. That is when the most sample choices are up.
thank you i will check an dsee if they still have it on the 7th t

The Shea Terra popped up for me pretty much regardless of what I put yesterday, but it hasn't popped up at all today and I've redone my profile about 30 times.

I'm also not getting the macadamia oil or Besamé creme rouge in my selections like everyone else, no matter what options I pick. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they did show up for me last month, but then I skipped. I didn't think their system was that smart, though.

Yesterday I was leaning heavily towards skipping or even canceling. Today I realized I've seen 6 different samples that I'd probably be willing to fork over the $12 for, but it's been impossible to get them all together. I'm torn because I really want to sample some new products, but I'm not sure if I want to give money to support a service that, IMHO, is proving to be too much of a PITB.

I'm not really pleased with my selections :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but since ive already been charged i guess ill wait and see what comes.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Shea Terra popped up for me pretty much regardless of what I put yesterday, but it hasn't popped up at all today and I've redone my profile about 30 times.

I'm also not getting the macadamia oil or Besamé creme rouge in my selections like everyone else, no matter what options I pick. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that they did show up for me last month, but then I skipped. I didn't think their system was that smart, though.

Yesterday I was leaning heavily towards skipping or even canceling. Today I realized I've seen 6 different samples that I'd probably be willing to fork over the $12 for, but it's been impossible to get them all together. I'm torn because I really want to sample some new products, but I'm not sure if I want to give money to support a service that, IMHO, is proving to be too much of a PITB.
From my understanding if the samples are sold out it won't appear in your window. Try again tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From my understanding if the samples are sold out it won't appear in your window. Try again tomorrow morning.
I did it this morning at 9am PDT (12pm EDT) though, when their samples were supposedly updated.

I feel like there's way too many confusing systems in place with BA. I feel like they're luring us into a false sense of feeling like we're in control, but really we're not. 
fad.gif
 The sense of control is why I initially signed up for BA instead of BB, but I'm starting to think that even a second BB subscription might be a better use of my money.

....for me it's kind of like getting Maybelline in a box: I also live within a 10 to 15 minute walk from a large drugstore and two supermarkets, and Walmart is across the street. I can pick up Maybelline anywhere so it wouldn't exactly excite me to see it in a monthly box. I'm not half so peeved over BBW as I am about the men's products, though. At no time have I ever selected men in my profile. My husband has no use for this stuff....
This exactly.

I guess you are all very lucky as I don't even have a car to go anywhere living in a suburban area. Well I guess I should be happy for at least I have a CVS across the street lol

I am a big fan of BBW but I have to take a 50-minute bus to get to the nearest mall with BBW.

@yoru I have a car to go wherever I want and yes I do go to BB&W but I blow through their stuff so fast so I was happy to see that on my list. Don't even get me started on how addicted I am to Warm Vanilla Sugar products.
wub.gif

My picks weren't that great but I am happy I got two B&BW products. Although I wish I could have got the Shea Terra.

I skipped this month. I really don't think BA is for me. I love the box it comes in, but it just doesn't excite me. I tried it last month, and the products I got were nice, but nothing I'd miss by canceling.

I think I really prefer the surprise aspect of the other subs...and having to retake your beauty profile a billion times in order to find decent samples is super annoying.

i think i might skip this month too, maybe even cancel. I loved last months but only cause i got macadamia oil but this month has nothing appealing. I'm starting to think that 12 isnt worth just little samples.

Selections finally changed, and only one man product in the bunch! Got the Shea Terra too, some guess it was worth the aggravation. I'm really wishing there was a way to just opt out of men's stuff. I understand having five pieces pop into the selection if you put men in your profile, but I have never chosen men. At one point I had five for men, four Bath and Body Works! And that's not bad in and of itself, though (I know I'll have disagreement here) it would have been really nice to offer some of the small-size body sprays.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Selections finally changed, and only one man product in the bunch! Got the Shea Terra too, some guess it was worth the aggravation. I'm really wishing there was a way to just opt out of men's stuff. I understand having five pieces pop into the selection if you put men in your profile, but I have never chosen men. At one point I had five for men, four Bath and Body Works! And that's not bad in and of itself, though (I know I'll have disagreement here) it would have been really nice to offer some of the small-size body sprays.
Is the Macadamia Oil still coming up? My window opens Sunday and I'd love another sample.

I ended up not skipping... though that was also partially because I went make-up shopping yesterday and didn't end up buying anything, so I figured I could afford it.

Anyway, I logged on this morning and the Shea Terra was back, and 4 of the other items I wanted to try were all magically there. I ended up with one of the B&BW shower gels as my last item because the only other things were foil packets I wasn't interested in. But I'm already drowning in bath stuff, so I'll be putting that one up for trade immediately if anyone wants it.

Again, the samples are seriously lacking for me this month.  I see B&BW, besame (i do want to try this, but not enough to order 6 other samples), atopalm, vitaK, atzen day cream.  nothing exciting really.  And B&BW? I did not join Beauty Army to get products I stock up on at the semi annual sale. Ugh.

Beauty Army is not doing so well in my books.  I think I will probably cancel my subscription, which is sad, because I love the box lol.

I opened up a second account so I could finally get a few samples that haven't been showing up (dry shampoo and Apothederm)

This was all that I could really get on my first account and I am giving two of these to my mom

This is what I got on my new account:

I just tried again to change my selections, and no matter what I do, the selections do not change. I haven't been charged yet though, which is great!

I am on the fence about the B&BW- we have tons of them here and I could easily get a tester at the store for close to nothing.  I am really hoping that the SheaTerra is still there when I make my selection on the 11th! 

Back