Beauty Army: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after playing around I waited a day and just used my regular info in my 20's I picked hair,body, tools, bright nails, but I made sure not to pick cleanser or men's I hope that helps 

I've only been a member for a few months, but all I was getting was perfume and B&BW and the vita-K stuff, so I sent them an email to cancel it.  I can always resubscribe if need be, but I was tired of changing my profile a million different times only to see NO change a all on the selection.  I really wanted to try the besame and the tool that got all the product out too.

I used to get the "best" boxes by saying I was senior citizen with thin hair who liked sultry makeup looks. I'd check moisturizers, makeup and hair. Usually all the stuff people wanted most came up with that basic profile.Of course, I am not a bald, slutty senior, but hey, it worked!

Originally Posted by wels5711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

after playing around I waited a day and just used my regular info in my 20's I picked hair,body, tools, bright nails, but I made sure not to pick cleanser or men's I hope that helps 

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to get the "best" boxes by saying I was senior citizen with thin hair who liked sultry makeup looks. I'd check moisturizers, makeup and hair. Usually all the stuff people wanted most came up with that basic profile.Of course, I am not a bald, slutty senior, but hey, it worked!
This is hilarious!  I might have to try this.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could only get BBw gels and perfumes. I tried to change it as much as I could but I was working a LOT. I emailed member care and they told me that since I've been receiving boxes since February I've pretty much exhausted all my choices and that they haven't added much new product in the last few weeks. She said September has some new stuff. So I skipped.
I wouldn't have minded the perfumes too much if I had gotten ladies' fragrance! For two days I had four BBW gels and five men's products, no matter how I changed the profile! I do hope September perks up a bit because I really love Beauty Army and so look forward to my box of bonbons.

I was going skip, this is my last day to choose, but with the new additions I am very happy. I chose: macadamia oil, which I have tried and love Shea terra chocolate exfoliant B&BW Japanese cherry wash Freeman Beauty Vit K spider vein stuff (I'll have my husband try on his lol) Egyptian Magic Blushed fragrance
I got my box yesterday and I am very happy with it. This subscription seems to be perfect for me as long as i skip a month or two in between orders lol I think the Blushed packet leaked somehow, *something* smelly did and kinda gunked up the paper and box a tiny bit, but I couldn't find an actual opening on the packet. The Shea Terra chocolate smells amazing. I tried a bit on the back of my hands and wanted to eat it!

Just made my selection today (my window opened yesterday), the Shea Terra exfoliating cream never showed up, and here is what I ended up with 
smile.gif
:

I received my box yesterday, and one of my choices with the Atzen protective face cream.  Small tube almost empty.  It says it has 3 ml in it, which is the same as the little Kellett Moisturizing Gel packet shown above.  But, it even seemed to be less than that.  I had to really squish down the tube to get any.  It's about one day's worth of face cream.  Just thought I'd warn folks that the sample size is smaller than it looks.

Oops, I missed my window and saw I was just charged today for it. I didn't pick any samples so it'll be a surprise to see what I get.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my box yesterday, and one of my choices with the Atzen protective face cream.  Small tube almost empty.  It says it has 3 ml in it, which is the same as the little Kellett Moisturizing Gel packet shown above.  But, it even seemed to be less than that.  I had to really squish down the tube to get any.  It's about one day's worth of face cream.  Just thought I'd warn folks that the sample size is smaller than it looks.
I ordered one earlier this month and mine was full, product would poke out with just a litle squeeze.  E-mail them and let them know.

I had received a sample and it was 1/4 full and the tube claimed it was 12ml, I took photos of another tube stating 3ml and told them (real nicely, first letting them know how much I appreciate BA, which I do) that both tubes had the same amount of product and asked what they would do about.  They emailed back within a week, apologzing and said that I ought to pick a 7th the following month and I did.  Guess what, I asked for the Atzen and it was full on the second try!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I signed up for this sub a couple months ago and was put on a waiting list and I'm still waiting. I see that one poster said they signed up last month and already is getting a box. Did I miss something here? Do they send out an email? How long does the waiting list take? I think I will go back to the site and try to sign up again. I'm looking for a new sub since I'm highly disappointed with BB. Is this box better than BB?

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I signed up for this sub a couple months ago and was put on a waiting list and I'm still waiting. I see that one poster said they signed up last month and already is getting a box. Did I miss something here? Do they send out an email? How long does the waiting list take? I think I will go back to the site and try to sign up again. I'm looking for a new sub since I'm highly disappointed with BB. Is this box better than BB?
Are you sure it was this sub? I wasn't aware that Beauty Army ever had a waitlist. I would go try signing up because I am quite certain it is open.

It is different than BB in that you can choose your samples. If you change your profile it will change your samples as well.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you sure it was this sub? I wasn't aware that Beauty Army ever had a waitlist. I would go try signing up because I am quite certain it is open.
There was a waitlist a couple months back, before they started doing the "new subs open at 9 AM" stuff. I was on that waitlist for a while, decided against it then, since everyone was getting foil packets, it seemed. I finally joined last month, got a decent box, and unsubbed, because after that, the stuff coming up for folks seemed crappy again.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There was a waitlist a couple months back, before they started doing the "new subs open at 9 AM" stuff. I was on that waitlist for a while, decided against it then, since everyone was getting foil packets, it seemed. I finally joined last month, got a decent box, and unsubbed, because after that, the stuff coming up for folks seemed crappy again.
Gotcha. Sorry for misinformation, I've only been subbed to it since June. 9 am is definitely to time to get good stuff though.

Made my choices. Not bad... This will be my second box. Skipped last month. Not a huge fan of the selections but I'm glad we can skip.

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Made my choices. Not bad... This will be my second box. Skipped last month. Not a huge fan of the selections but I'm glad we can skip.

When did you pick these? I can't seem to get anything good.

Originally Posted by akicowi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When did you pick these? I can't seem to get anything good.
About an hour ago... Didnt have to  change profile ... these were just the original ones that came up so decided to not take the chance to switch it up.

When I first tried to join I was waitlisted. And I think recently I tried again but I don't think I did it right. I took the survey but I think I was still thinking that I would get an email to join. I've tried to join but I guess now I need to try right at 9:00 am because it keeps saying the subs are sold out. I still am debating whether or not to cancel BB. I got the self tanners in one of my boxes (I think it was box 6) and I tried them and I broke out in a horrible allergic reaction. I have never had that happen with any other self tanners or any other skin care product. But every where I wiped the tanner I got horrible hives. I did my face and legs. And that is the only places I got hives. I happened to have a drs appt the day after I used them so I asked the dr and he said it most likely was the self tanner otherwise I would've had hives in other areas. While that is no fault of BB, I have been lukewarm about the boxes since the first one in May. I signed up and bought my mom a 3 month gift sub for mothers day. We were both excited about getting the Gossip Girl box. I got one but my mom got the welcome box. I have read since that they send out the welcome box for your first box, I was bummed that my mom didn't get the GG box like I did. And the welcome box wasn't that great. I think if they would've sent that one to me I would've canceled immediately. Since my moms was a gift there isn't a way to cancel so maybe that is why BB does that because at least they have been paid for the gift sub months up front. And they dont have people canceling after the first month like they would on a reg. sub if a person didnt think it was worth the $$. I signed up for a second box after my first box to see how different the boxes would be using a completely different profile. The boxes arent that much different. Last month I got eyeco liners in both which have been the only two things other than the earbuds that have been stand outs. Plus I got two different colors. Other than that the products have been so so. Mostly stuff like foil packets, I can get free if I asked for them at Sephora or Ulta. I really want to love BB. But I guess after the self tanner reaction (which isn't BB fault) I am not caring for the boxes. I got my first Glam Bag last month and excepted to not like it after reading poor reviews but I guess I signed up at the right time because I really loved it. So is Beauty Army any better?

Back