Beauty Army: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!  I am new to MakeUp Talk and Beauty Army.  I just received my first Beauty Army box in the mail last night, and I am very happy with it! This is what I received:  

For those of you who have had Beauty Army for a while, do you tend to reach a point where the selections aren't that great?  (For example, I avoided foil packets this time, but I am wondering if, after a few boxes, I will select the better items and be left with the less desirable samples.  I know BA replenishes its current stock every day, but does it also add new items to its stock fairly regularly?).

I am also on the wait list for Ipsy and Birtchbox, so this is my first beauty subscription service box.  So far so good!    

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice choices!  I'm looking forward to hearing/reading/whatever you think of the boo boo cover ups.  I almost selected that.
I was intrigued by them, that and the rest of the stuff was boring, one b&bw repeat and some foil package shampoos.

My settings are: fair, combo, dramatic, sultry, earth, wild, anti aging, exfoliating, cleanser, make up, masks and eye area. Age was 30-36 or 25-30, don't remember which one exactly, but I would get the same results w either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi!  I am new to MakeUp Talk and Beauty Army.  I just received my first Beauty Army box in the mail last night, and I am very happy with it! This is what I received:    For those of you who have had Beauty Army for a while, do you tend to reach a point where the selections aren't that great?  (For example, I avoided foil packets this time, but I am wondering if, after a few boxes, I will select the better items and be left with the less desirable samples.  I know BA replenishes its current stock every day, but does it also add new items to its stock fairly regularly?). I am also on the wait list for Ipsy and Birtchbox, so this is my first beauty subscription service box.  So far so good!    
Wow, this is an awesome box... I have actually gotten all these, but during several months of receiving great products along with boring ones! But, yeah, i think it's impossible to keep the following boxes so exciting, with good sized products and no repeats :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I keep getting too many foil packets in my selection window lately!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great box, beautymadn3ss!!! How many times did you have to hit refresh?
wink.gif
actually not a lot,  the thing I had to refresh for was the Yes to scrub, everything else was always there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also I did it at like 9:01 PST or so(the website was kinda slow )

I skipped this month- just because I already signed up for so many other offers and products and really did not find anything I liked coming. I did order the Ineke sampler collection which should be coming this week and I am very excited to try that out!

Well then, I will remain *cautiously* optimistic, but be ready to skip if I need to.  Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

do you guys find yourself skipping more often now that the choice is available? this is my first month and i'm wondering how often the selections and types of products overlap each month...

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you guys find yourself skipping more often now that the choice is available? this is my first month and i'm wondering how often the selections and types of products overlap each month...
 I have been subbed since  literally day one and I have skipped more than not in the last 7 months. I am only getting a box this month because I forgot

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selection window atm:

4142-0093-0001-150x150.png
OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTY LEMON & LAVENDER BAR SOAP
3946-0092-0003-150x150.jpg

YES TO ON-THE-GO FACIAL TOWELETTE
GG GATSBY RAISE VOLUME SHAMPOO 

A gentle, sulfate-free, non-lather cleanser that intensifies volume for sexy, voluptuous hair. 

Sample Size: 0.5 fl. oz.
3931-0086-0001-150x150.jpg

GG GATSBY RAISE VOLUME SHAMPOO
3889-0089-0002-150x150.jpg

ENSPRI ULTRA COLLAGEN 5-MINUTE FACIAL
3442-0076-0001-150x150.jpg

INEKE HOTHOUSE FLOWER PERFUME
3935-0084-0001-150x150.jpg

MARK. HOOK UP LIP GLOSS

(HONEY)
3895-0088-0001-150x150.jpg

NOT YOUR MOTHER'SSHE'S A TEASE VOLUMIZING HAIRSPRAY
4039-0091-0001-150x150.jpg

LASH CARD 2 MASCARA SHIELDS
3694-0083-0001-150x150.jpg

JONATHAN PRODUCT DIRT TEXTURIZING PASTE
  4 repeats...4!!! The hairspray, lash cards, jonathan and mark.

I cannot for the life of me get the Mark gloss in Honey to show up for me! I've been trying for the last 2 months and all I can get to come up EVER is the damn red, which I DO NOT need more of! I've tried just about every variation of the profile I can think of that would make it come up, but noooooo.....

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cannot for the life of me get the Mark gloss in Honey to show up for me! I've been trying for the last 2 months and all I can get to come up EVER is the damn red, which I DO NOT need more of! I've tried just about every variation of the profile I can think of that would make it come up, but noooooo.....
Did you already get the red one and it keeps on showing up? I'd email them if that's the case. For me honey was a repeat though

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you already get the red one and it keeps on showing up? I'd email them if that's the case. For me honey was a repeat though
Nope. I haven't gotten either one, but I really don't want the red. It was the same for me with the Skinn sets, I had to get the coral poppy before the tulip would show up at all. I suppose if I ever want the honey I'm just going to have to suck it up and get the red, if I can get enough other things to come up that I want. 

Nope. I haven't gotten either one, but I really don't want the red. It was the same for me with the Skinn sets, I had to get the coral poppy before the tulip would show up at all. I suppose if I ever want the honey I'm just going to have to suck it up and get the red, if I can get enough other things to come up that I want. 
Choose minimal to moderate make up and the lighter color will show up.

They said to get the honey you had to say you wear subtle makeup choices. Don't remember exactly which ones.

That's funny  because I tried all possible combinations, with subtle and bold makeup choices, and I couldn't get the red lipgloss to show up. I always got the honey. But I ended up loving the color anyway!  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope you can get it!

YAYZ!!!!!  I got the 4 items I really really wanted this month!  The Ineke, The Honey gloss, the Olive Oil soap, and the Medal of Honor (of course!).  I'm excited to try the "Yes to" item, and then it was either a foil packet of moisturizer, Lash cards, foil packet of primer, or the Boo Boo Covers so... let's see how those are.  But happy dance for getting the items I wanted with minimum refreshing!! Especially on a Saturday afternoon, was not expecting that.  

INEKE 
HOTHOUSE FLOWER PERFUME

MARK. 
HOOK UP LIP GLOSS
(HONEY)

YES TO 
SUPER RICH BODY BUTTER

OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTY 
LEMON & LAVENDER BAR SOAP

BOO-BOO COVER-UP 
BOO-BOO COVERS

WHIP HAND COSMETICS