Beauty Army March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?! I wish I got the dry shampoo! I hope it will be around for my April selection!
it was popping up a lot in my samples, so I'm sure it shouldn't be hard to get :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked a box of products after a 3 month 'pause'.  I'm really very pleased with it!  

I have to say, having been a subscriber to half a dozen sampling boxes, I am at tilt with products waiting to be tried!  

The excitement of the boxes though isn't having it in my possession...  it's picking it, opening it, figuring what a great deal I got, but... now I just have like at least several years of samples.  

I have got a gallon zip-lock bag for each of the following, night cream, day cream, serums, BB creams, eye & lip stuff, hair and... there are the foils.

Does anyone else have this situation?!?!!?!  I feel like the cat lady, except my 'cat' is beauty products.

So regretfully I'm going to have to dial down on things.  Am only doing BA when I see a 'royal flush' of products.  My BB runs out in April and I'll let that go for a bit.  I just subscribed to iPsy so that will continue for 9 more months.  I unsubscribed from SS at the same time that I stopped BA.  My 3-month of GB ends with March's box.  

So in short, I'll have iPsy for 9 months and BB for 2 months.  

I'm addicted!!  Oh help, I need to have 'sampling' detox ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are my picks for March.

1. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - 3rd month getting these.
    icon_razz.gif
  2. Ineke Hothouse Flower - 3rd time picking these since October but it'll be like my 5th or 6th bottle. I'm OBSESSED with this perfume just wish it wasn't $95.
  3. Whip Hand Cosmetics Locked + Loaded loose shadow - I have this already and I have the full size. I chose this for my daughters because I know what's coming in the Ipsy bag and need stuff to trade them for their stuff.
    wink.gif

4. Enspri Moisture Duo - I had the Enspri Ultra Collagen last month so I'm wanting to try the Moisture Duo.
  5. Mark Hook Up Gloss in Honey - have this but I picked it like the Whip Hand to do some trading with the daughters.
  6. Skinn Cosmetics Teen Tone, Eye, Cheek and Lip Glow. I blame Kristi from Beauty Army for my obsession with Skinn Cosmetics. The one item I would love to see as a sample we'll never see as a Sample because it's not sold on Skinn's site any longer.
    frown.gif

It took me over 45 minutes to get Skyn AND Ineke to show up together. I originally had Skinn, Skyn and Boo Boo Coverups but I didn't want the coverups when I knew Ineke was on the site and I had to have it. LOL I'm so obsessed with Skyn ICELAND and Ineke that I rather pick those items again and again than something new.
What did you chose to get the INEKE to pop up? I can't get it, and I've heard such great stuff about it. I really wanna try!

Perfume. You have to have perfume selected to get any of the perfume selections to popup. Be warned though to get the most items you want you may have to refresh the screen over and over for a while. To get the Ineke, Skynn and Skin I had selected makeup, eyes and perfume then hit refresh numerous time to get the items I wanted since one time it would be Skynn, Skin and Blush or I'd get the Ineke but not one of the other items.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Perfume. You have to have perfume selected to get any of the perfume selections to popup. Be warned though to get the most items you want you may have to refresh the screen over and over for a while. To get the Ineke, Skynn and Skin I had selected makeup, eyes and perfume then hit refresh numerous time to get the items I wanted since one time it would be Skynn, Skin and Blush or I'd get the Ineke but not one of the other items.
I didn't even select perfume and it showed up O. O I think, but I had floral selected.

I never ever never get repeats!  Not sure why?  Of the folks that do get repeats, have you already made a purchase on BA?  Trying to figure it out...

ZoomButt.gif

Here is a swatch of the eye/cheek/lip glow - along w/ medal honor & blow kisses. I wish it was darker - it doesn't even show up on my cheeks.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never ever never get repeats!  Not sure why?  Of the folks that do get repeats, have you already made a purchase on BA?  Trying to figure it out...

ZoomButt.gif

I get repeats if I log in way after 9

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a swatch of the eye/cheek/lip glow - along w/ medal honor & blow kisses. I wish it was darker - it doesn't even show up on my cheeks.

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that blush looks pretty! Don't you hate how hard it is to work with Medal of Honor? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! I think I'm going to press it.
that's a good idea, but I think the problem is it being SO glittery D: Let me know if that helps, cuz if so, I might try it.

What do you mean by 'press it'?  I do find it a bit of a hassel to work with too.

Thanks for the hint on trying after 9:00 beautymadn3ss, I'll do that...  well adjusted for the NY time difference, so I'll do 12:00.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yeah I tried way later, like it was 3pm eastern time and all I got were repeats, if repeats is what you are looking for, I'd do that. If you want new items do it as close to 9am PST as possible and you'll get new items :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I want pigments, dry shampoo, and the 3-1 tint. Watch me get none of that when my window opens!

What do you mean by 'press it'?  I do find it a bit of a hassel to work with too.

Thanks for the hint on trying after 9:00 beautymadn3ss, I'll do that...  well adjusted for the NY time difference, so I'll do 12:00.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Pressing it to make pressed eyeshadow instead of loose. I always make such a mess using pigments/loose eyeshadows so I end up pressing quite a few of them.

I selected my samples on Feb. 28th, and my box arrived today.  Not too long of a wait!  This is what I received:

I just tried on the Mark blow kisses and the cheek tint.  I have very pale skin, and, on me, the Mark was too dramatic and bright, but the cheek tint looked quite natural and pretty.  

Originally Posted by MinnieMuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I selected my samples on Feb. 28th, and my box arrived today.  Not too long of a wait!  This is what I received:

I just tried on the Mark blow kisses and the cheek tint.  I have very pale skin, and, on me, the Mark was too dramatic and bright, but the cheek tint looked quite natural and pretty.  
I chose my items 2 days ago.  I am also getting the cheek tint and the mark.  I am excited! 

Two full-size and some other nice stuff. The bottom row was what I wanted, and the facial is nice. The others were just the other tolerable options there. I like tea.

Back