Beauty Army March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box just arrived and I'm positively ticked to have received a pink box this time.  
biggrin.gif

The Ineke Hothouse Flower is quite strong. 
bigeyes2.gif
  Not quite what I was expecting, but then I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting in the first place.  It vaguely reminds me of a perfume my grandmother had.  I'm not particularly fond of it yet, but my favorite perfume is Clinique Happy.  
laughing.gif

My box just arrived and I'm positively ticked to have received a pink box this time.  
biggrin.gif
Lol. Tickled pink. Haha. I actually got a pink one my first go of it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wonder what color I'll get this month!

My very first BeautyArmy kit is waiting for me at my house until I get off of work!! I can't wait!!

I love Special Force, it's a nice nude color despite my second sample still managed to made a mess inside the box - they never changed the cap! Sigh.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Special Force, it's a nice nude color despite my second sample still managed to made a mess inside the box - they never changed the cap! Sigh.
Idk why they didn't just use a regular plastic container with a sifter ... -.-'

I'm with Bflopolska,  I do not enjoy seeing Mark products in a "luxury" sample sub.  My BA sub was a 3mo gift, otherwise I would have canceled after the first month when Mark showed up in my options.  I HATE the mascara (dry, clumpy, heavy), but I've embraced the glosses, as a few times the gloss was the only thing to choose so that I could get the other thing that I really wanted.  I have the Honey and Blow Kisses, the only way I wear them is together because I don't like how either look alone.  Honey is too blah for my skin tone and BK is too red, making me look like Jack Nicholson as The Joker.  :/

BA does not have a lot of make up, but when they do, the quality is amazing. I don't use mascara so I can't tell, but that mark lip glosses are my to go lip product. I wear the nude one to tone down the red too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The pigments are amazing, but I've also enjoyed the bling tones, besame rouge, skinn cosmetics twin sets and the 3 in 1 cream thingy as well.

I remember a WhipHand cosmetics representative posted a response on Jan thread, explaining that pro MUA's prefer them in a long skinny tube. It gives more control when you try to pour out some pigment to use. They've also experience different difficulties making the sample sizes but they tried. I do appreciate their effort :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To clean up the little mess Special Forces created I wiped everything with make up remover wipes, the pigment has very fine pearly shimmer so you won't notice until your hands shines under light. Then I set the samples aside and wipe the bottle, throw away the shimmery liners and repurpose the box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just beware when you open the pigment, I'd suggest you open it by the sink and get some 3g/5g jars to store the pigments as the lid won't fit back on.

I'm amazed my selection was pretty good on the first try. Not too fond of the hairspray but I could easily give it away

The lotion looks nice, I also want to try the dry shampoo....not sure if it's good or bad since they keep adding new stuff that I want and that stops me from unsubscribing from BA.

Ok, even though I unsubscribed from BA I'm still waiting for my (2) boxes that were supposed to have been delivered like two days ago!! 
icon_evil.gif
  My tracking says the "shipper" sent my boxes to the wrong address in a different city!  Should I contact my local post office or BA about this ??  I'm scared they might send it back to BA and then I'd have to wait forever for those boxes.

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, even though I unsubscribed from BA I'm still waiting for my (2) boxes that were supposed to have been delivered like two days ago!! 
icon_evil.gif
  My tracking says the "shipper" sent my boxes to the wrong address in a different city!  Should I contact my local post office or BA about this ??  I'm scared they might send it back to BA and then I'd have to wait forever for those boxes.
Email Beauty Army or Tweet them. Nancy-Lee is really good about replying.

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grr got my ba box and my sweet pea shower gel was all over everything
frown.gif
Oh no!  Email them, they are REALLY good about making things right!

I couldnt find a link on ba site so i emailed them on fb.
From the "contact" section of their website (link is at the very bottom, I hate it when they do that!), in case the FB message doesn't work:

For customer service inquiries, please contact: [email protected]

Grr got my ba box and my sweet pea shower gel was all over everything
frown.gif
Same thing happened to me. Half of my box was unusable. I emailed & was told that I could get extra samples in my next box. I had already canceled so I told them I shouldn't have to pay more money to get items I have already paid for. I eventually got a refund.

Back