Beauty Army March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

not your mother's volumizing hair spray, OH MY GOSH IT SMELLS SO DISGUSTING, IT MADE ME WANT TO VOMIT, probably because it smells like vomit. what the hell was that. makes me never ever ever want anything with the scent of apple blossom.
Eww.  I hate apple blossom.  I got an apple blossom-scented Korres body butter & lip something or other in December.  I was so excited to try it, but I couldn't get past the scent.  I put both items in a little cosmetic bag for my mom and put them in the guest bathroom for her (I give her most of the products I don't like).  She left both products in the bathroom.  She's not picky when it comes to skincare and makeup, but she wouldn't use those.  Why do companies even use that scent? They should do what Oscar Blandi does - just use the same citrus scent for everything.  
smiletongue.gif

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eww.  I hate apple blossom.  I got an apple blossom-scented Korres body butter & lip something or other in December.  I was so excited to try it, but I couldn't get past the scent.  I put both items in a little cosmetic bag for my mom and put them in the guest bathroom for her (I give her most of the products I don't like).  She left both products in the bathroom.  She's not picky when it comes to skincare and makeup, but she wouldn't use those.  Why do companies even use that scent? They should do what Oscar Blandi does - just use the same citrus scent for everything.  
smiletongue.gif
I love citrus! it smells so nice and uplifting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i have an aromatherapy lotion from BBW thats for energy or whatever and its tangerine and something-or-other scented. its lovely.

and I assumed apple blossom meant it would smell like apple. boy was I wrong. so wrong. so so wrong. I regretted it the moment I sprayed it in my hair. and I had to smell it the whole day ughhh

I really liked the skinn eye, cheek, and lip tint, its so pretty. it looks really good on me, which is good news because I usually use a dark rose colored blush because it looks best, but this will be good for spring/summer, its also really pretty on my lips, you don't need alot, and its so not greasy or heavy.

new york streets dry shampoo, its ok. its a dry shampoo, knotted my hair a LITTLE less than my suave dry shampoo, so theres that. it smells kinda meh. kinda herbally to me.

not your mother's volumizing hair spray, OH MY GOSH IT SMELLS SO DISGUSTING, IT MADE ME WANT TO VOMIT, probably because it smells like vomit. what the hell was that. makes me never ever ever want anything with the scent of apple blossom.

mark brown mascara, havent used it yet. but I liked the black mascara I got awhile ago.

I don't remember the other things i got,...

oh yeah

the first pigment, the brown one, haven't used it yet. so i don't have an opinion

and I think I picked the lash cards because I couldn't get anything else to come up. haven't used them yet, but they seem like a hassle. I don't really get mascara anywhere but my lashes, and when I do, its not somewhere that the card covers, its usually where the stick part of the wand touches my skin -___- . (the period is where I would get mascara, and then I'd make that same face cuz i just got mascara on the side of my face)
the skinn cosmetics tint is amazing! I loved it and same with the NY streets dry shampoo XD

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the skinn cosmetics tint is amazing! I loved it and same with the NY streets dry shampoo XD
lol. I haven't been impressed with any dry shampoo I've used. I'm probably doing it wrong somehow.

lol. I haven't been impressed with any dry shampoo I've used. I'm probably doing it wrong somehow.
I find that with dry shampoo if I don't spray it directly on my roots and comb it through that it ends up making my hair look really gross.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find that with dry shampoo if I don't spray it directly on my roots and comb it through that it ends up making my hair look really gross.
yeah. thats what I do. apply it to my roots, the bottle says to like take your fingers vigorously through the roots to get it in there. like pat it kinda...and then comb it.

I love citrus! it smells so nice and uplifting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i have an aromatherapy lotion from BBW thats for energy or whatever and its tangerine and something-or-other scented. its lovely.

and I assumed apple blossom meant it would smell like apple. boy was I wrong. so wrong. so so wrong. I regretted it the moment I sprayed it in my hair. and I had to smell it the whole day ughhh
I thought so too.  I had never heard of apple blossom before and was expecting a scent like that BBW apple scent (can't remember its actual name).  Boy, was I disappointed.  I wonder if they're using the apple blossom scent to keep it from smelling like a chemical plant that had been stuffed in a can designed by Mary Poppins or the Doctor.

Apple blossom seems to be a touchy note in terms of how it smells. I have some single-note apple blossom perfume oil, and it smells like apple with just a tiny hint of floral. it's one of my favorite single-note scents from my collection, but it's an all-natural oil. Artificial apple blossom smells nasty and unrecognizable/unidentfiable to me.

I thought so too.  I had never heard of apple blossom before and was expecting a scent like that BBW apple scent (can't remember its actual name).  Boy, was I disappointed.  I wonder if they're using the apple blossom scent to keep it from smelling like a chemical plant that had been stuffed in a can designed by Mary Poppins or the Doctor.
lolol. Mary Poppins just stole Timelord technology, lets be real ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but because of this, I will forever be put off by something saying apple blossom. cherry blossom smells wonderful. I just don't get it. it makes me sad. cuz it worked ok for me. but I don't want people to give me a wide berth when I walk by because I smell like apple vomit

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple blossom seems to be a touchy note in terms of how it smells. I have some single-note apple blossom perfume oil, and it smells like apple with just a tiny hint of floral. it's one of my favorite single-note scents from my collection, but it's an all-natural oil. Artificial apple blossom smells nasty and unrecognizable/unidentfiable to me.
I think that's why I don't like it.  The scent of the Korres body butter I have is overwhelmingly floral.  I'm not much of a fan of floral scents.  I tend to prefer fruity scents and just about anything with vanilla and whatever patchouli is.  I got a sample of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir around October/November and adore it.  It's the perfume that introduced me to patchouli.  I imagine that artificial apple blossom smells awful - most artificial scents don't smell nearly as nice as their real counterparts.

lolol. Mary Poppins just stole Timelord technology, lets be real ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but because of this, I will forever be put off by something saying apple blossom. cherry blossom smells wonderful. I just don't get it. it makes me sad. cuz it worked ok for me. but I don't want people to give me a wide berth when I walk by because I smell like apple vomit
Mary Poppins came out in 1964.  Doctor Who started in 1963.  It would be entirely possible for her to have stolen Timelord technology.

I'm afraid I feel the same way.  I would like to see what real apple blossom smells like, mainly to see how far off Korres was with the scent.  I will definitely not be selecting the hair spray if it comes up in my window next month though, so thank you for that.

I think that's why I don't like it.  The scent of the Korres body butter I have is overwhelmingly floral.  I'm not much of a fan of floral scents.  I tend to prefer fruity scents and just about anything with vanilla and whatever patchouli is.  I got a sample of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir around October/November and adore it.  It's the perfume that introduced me to patchouli.  I imagine that artificial apple blossom smells awful - most artificial scents don't smell nearly as nice as their real counterparts.

Mary Poppins came out in 1964.  Doctor Who started in 1963.  It would be entirely possible for her to have stolen Timelord technology.

I'm afraid I feel the same way.  I would like to see what real apple blossom smells like, mainly to see how far off Korres was with the scent.  I will definitely not be selecting the hair spray if it comes up in my window next month though, so thank you for that
who knows, bradford pear trees smell disgusting when theyre in bloom, so maybe it smells the same. lol. and no problemo, I think that it works the same as the Big Sexy hairspray, and Big Sexy has a much more palatable(albeit, still strong) scent...like hairspray with a dash of grandmother. lol

I'm afraid I feel the same way.  I would like to see what real apple blossom smells like, mainly to see how far off Korres was with the scent.  I will definitely not be selecting the hair spray if it comes up in my window next month though, so thank you for that.
If you like patchouli, Lush makes a patchouli scented deodorant.. I'm not sure if it's all natural or what.. but I've been using it for over a year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.lushusa.com/Aromaco/00051,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=deodorants

**EDIT**

They also have other patchouli products!

http://www.lushusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Lush-Site/en_US/Search-Show?q=patchouli

who knows, bradford pear trees smell disgusting when theyre in bloom, so maybe it smells the same. lol. and no problemo, I think that it works the same as the Big Sexy hairspray, and Big Sexy has a much more palatable(albeit, still strong) scent...like hairspray with a dash of grandmother. lol
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you like patchouli, Lush makes a patchouli scented deodorant.. I'm not sure if it's all natural or what.. but I've been using it for over a year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.lushusa.com/Aromaco/00051,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=deodorants

**EDIT**

They also have other patchouli products!

http://www.lushusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Lush-Site/en_US/Search-Show?q=patchouli
Thank you!  I've never tried Lush products.  I'm going to have to check them out now.  

Wow!  I'm loving their prices!

roflmao.gif

Thank you!  I've never tried Lush products.  I'm going to have to check them out now.  

Wow!  I'm loving their prices!
Yeah.. I really really like Lush products but they have some pretty strong scents that most people aren't used to.  I really like them though.  My favorite scent is the "Flying Fox" and "Twilight" body wash.  I also like the Godiva solid shampoo and the "Lust" scent.  I own TONS of their stuff.  I'm lucky to have a story nearby though where I can go and try before I buy!

I haven't ordered a kit since July, but I was tempted with the Cotz sunscreen and the Skinn lip/cheek product. Here is my selection!  

my selection opened up this morning and i cant wait to try all my samples:

Yes To Eye Firming TreatmentNew York Streets Dry ShampooEnspri Ultra Collagen 5 Minute FacialGG Gatsby Raise Volume ConditionerCotz Face for Natural Skin Tone (SPF 40)Amalactin Moisturizing Body Lotion

i can't wait to try the conditioner from GG - i loved their shampoo. 

Originally Posted by MinnieMuffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Made my March selections today!

ooh great choices. i picked the cotz and hairspray for mine this month too. my selection was the 25th hehe. 

I'm with you girls, that Apple Blossom hairspray smells sooooo awful!  And strong!  Nonononono.

My skin freaked out when I used the Enspiri Ultra Collagen Facial.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was so sad.  I was really excited about it!  Damn sensitive skin.

When I use dry shampoo I lift up sections of my hair and spray the roots, not just my part.  Then I let it sit on there for a few minutes, flip my head upside down and finger-scrub my scalp and shake my hair around.  I feel like it disperses the product, gives me body and volume, and sucks up some of the grease.  Plus it's fun and makes me feel a lil sassy.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back