Beauty Army March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went to the site and they had an offer where you could get an Acquarella Nail Detox Set ($26 retail) in place of your 6 samples. Do they usually have deals like this? This month is my first month, so I have no idea if they have offered this kind of thing in the past. 

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just went to the site and they had an offer where you could get an Acquarella Nail Detox Set ($26 retail) in place of your 6 samples. Do they usually have deals like this? This month is my first month, so I have no idea if they have offered this kind of thing in the past. 
They did this a few months ago, I wanna say October or November? And it was the same, with the Acquarella set. I guess they just randomly do it every few months. It would be cool of when they decide to do this type of thing, they switch it up a little a give us something new. Like a set of Acquarella polishes would be pretty cool, or something completely different.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a swatch of the eye/cheek/lip glow - along w/ medal honor & blow kisses. I wish it was darker - it doesn't even show up on my cheeks.

Seriously, the lip/cheek glow is fantastic!  The texture is so cool, it initially feels like a lip tint but then blends out with a powdery consistency -- I like putting it on lol 

Wow, I actually like the dry shampoo!  It perked up my stuck-in-a-ponytail-most-of-the-day hair into a floofy mess (in a good way), and *it was not sticky*.  That Serge Normant dry shampoo from Birchbox had scared me away from this stuff.  I hate aerosols, but I would actually consider buying this if I was in the market for a spray dry shampoo.  The only thing:  THey took the cap off the can to ship it!  Um, dear shipping department:  Taking the cap off an aerosol means the button can get pressed down and (a) depressurize the contents, thus rendering the can unusable and ( B) spray the entire inside of the box.  Fortunately, only a little bit came out on the inside of the tissue (it didn't even get through to the box itself), but I've been so lucky with non-leaking/broken containers across all of my boxes that I'm just waiting for my turn to have a disgusting, unusable mess arrive.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, I actually like the dry shampoo!  It perked up my stuck-in-a-ponytail-most-of-the-day hair into a floofy mess (in a good way), and *it was not sticky*.  That Serge Normant dry shampoo from Birchbox had scared me away from this stuff.  I hate aerosols, but I would actually consider buying this if I was in the market for a spray dry shampoo.  The only thing:  THey took the cap off the can to ship it!  Um, dear shipping department:  Taking the cap off an aerosol means the button can get pressed down and (a) depressurize the contents, thus rendering the can unusable and ( B) spray the entire inside of the box.  Fortunately, only a little bit came out on the inside of the tissue (it didn't even get through to the box itself), but I've been so lucky with non-leaking/broken containers across all of my boxes that I'm just waiting for my turn to have a disgusting, unusable mess arrive.
Mhm really nice dry shampoo, I liked it too. And mine didn't leak, not even a bit, so I'm one of the lucky ones too XD

I am on a no lip product and beauty no buy month this month, saw youtube beauty Guru LePooke's unboxing of her BA for March and the cream cheek/lip tint was one of her item.  Caved and got my BF to order my first Beauty Army box on 3/15.  I know, I 'cheated' on my beauty low buy b/c in my books BF getting me stuff doesn't count >_<

It took me literally 45 minutes, changing up my profile going as far as changing my age group to get what I wanted. All combo of skin type and makeup didn't work, finally, via trial and error I systematically changed my age group to put together my box.

The ease of me getting this box together from the easiest to the hardest:

- Cheek tint: this item is in my selection 9 out of 10 times no matter how I changed my profile. I'm pretty certain there is nothing I can do to NOT get it. lol

- Dry Shampoo: I am on a dry shampoo kick and i don't use hairspray, so while this dry shampoo showed half of the time, I still had to tweak my profile to make it show in conjunction with the rest of my samples.  Just a matter of refreshing and selecting thick hair. 

- Skin fade cream:  This item is quite age specific from my 45 minutes of refresh experience.  the older age group will definitely show this in their selection  7 out of 10 times.  So, toward the end, to get this combo box I had to be in the 40 age group when in actuality I'm in the 30 age group.  It did show for the 30s age group, but in order for my other items to show I had to do the 40s age group.

- Green Beret: this item is ELUSIVE! I did sultry makeup and it only showed <3 times out of like 45 minutes refresh! Locked and loaded as well as medal of honor were MUCH easier to get.  But, I wanted me some GREEN! So my logic is "who will wear green eye shadow AND want skin fading cream?"  and this started my systematic change in my profile age group. 

- Amlactin:  I was so tired after getting the above 4 items i really wanted i didn't care anymore.  and who doesn't use body lotion not to mention Amlactin is a pretty good brand, this would be great for travel. 

- Mark Mascara:  I kept on getting Mark Reg Gloss or Red Lipstick, couldn't get the Mark Lipgloss Honey to show, i think b/c Honey is for subtle makeup where as for me to get Green Beret, i gotta have Sultry makeup.  No loss to me, I'm on a no lip product ban, so mascara, which I use everyday is perfectly fine.  

All in all, 45 minutes worth of my time/work and I ended up IMO a great box, with 3 full size products and 3 pretty good sized samples! 

I don't expect my box will be this awesome every month, which is good, b/c i plan on skipping as I also have Ipsy and I'm quite happy with them....  but I think every few months getting an awesome BA box for $12 is certainly a nice treat for meself ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got my box today. They had to ship it in an extra box. My stuff wouldn't fit. Lol. But that I don't get, is they put the small not your mothers hairspray outside the box but they took the lid off my dry shampoo and put that in the regular box. But in other news, I got ANOTHER pink box. I just want a different color at least ONCE :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> don't get me wrong. I like pin. My room is two different shades of it. But. I like a littlee variety. Also. I now have a dual ended mascara in both black and brown :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've never had brown mascara

Wow I got my box in two days! That is including the day I picked my samples. That is crazy they are never that fast, but I am missing two of my items -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i got a Mark Mascara in black, New York Streets dry shampoo, The lemon and lavender soap bar, and a Yes to cucumbers face towelette. I am missing the skinn cosmetics eye, lip & cheek tint and the Amlactin moisturizing body lotion. I sent them an email so hopefully they fix it for me

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow I got my box in two days! That is including the day I picked my samples. That is crazy they are never that fast, but I am missing two of my items -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i got a Mark Mascara in black, New York Streets dry shampoo, The lemon and lavender soap bar, and a Yes to cucumbers face towelette. I am missing the skinn cosmetics eye, lip & cheek tint and the Amlactin moisturizing body lotion. I sent them an email so hopefully they fix it for me
WOW!  Do you live close to wherever they ship from?

I am in Oregon right now and I think they ship from California maybe? It is just crazy because before when I was in Oregon it still took like at least a week to get to me.

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

waaaaaaaaat 2 days? that's crazeh!

My window opens tomorrow! 
marchmellow.gif

I just ordered my box and so far it seems like an awesome box!! I actually just logged in and everything was how I wanted it. Usually I have to take the quiz at least once, but I ended up not taking it at all and I wasn't searching for something random at the end. I got everything I wanted! :)

I got:

-GG Gatsby Raist Volume Conditioner. I got the shampoo last month and I wanted to get the conditioner this month so I could use them together.

-Whip Hand Cosmetics Green Beret. I was so excited that this popped up! This was the color I really wanted.

-Mark Scandalash Mascara. I think this will be fun to hook up with the lip gloss I got last month, plus I love mark mascaras!

-New York Streets Dry Shampoo. I don't really need another one, but its full size and I like dry shampoo.

-Cotz Face for Natural Skin Tone. This looked cool, plus it has spf so I think it will be good to use!

-Amaclin Lotion I can always use lotion!

Love this box!

I ended up liking the items in my box way more than I thought I would (well, what I've tried so far). I love the skinn cosmetics tint, it makes such a pretty blush! I also ended up liking the mark lip gloss quite a bit. I just hope they have some new stuff for next month. It always seems like they have quite a few repeats, although I would kind of like to try the lip gloss in another shade. 

I decided to skip this month because no matter what I did 5 of the 9 samples were repeats! What is going on this month?

I really liked the skinn eye, cheek, and lip tint, its so pretty. it looks really good on me, which is good news because I usually use a dark rose colored blush because it looks best, but this will be good for spring/summer, its also really pretty on my lips, you don't need alot, and its so not greasy or heavy.

new york streets dry shampoo, its ok. its a dry shampoo, knotted my hair a LITTLE less than my suave dry shampoo, so theres that. it smells kinda meh. kinda herbally to me.

not your mother's volumizing hair spray, OH MY GOSH IT SMELLS SO DISGUSTING, IT MADE ME WANT TO VOMIT, probably because it smells like vomit. what the hell was that. makes me never ever ever want anything with the scent of apple blossom.

mark brown mascara, havent used it yet. but I liked the black mascara I got awhile ago.

I don't remember the other things i got,...

oh yeah

the first pigment, the brown one, haven't used it yet. so i don't have an opinion

and I think I picked the lash cards because I couldn't get anything else to come up. haven't used them yet, but they seem like a hassle. I don't really get mascara anywhere but my lashes, and when I do, its not somewhere that the card covers, its usually where the stick part of the wand touches my skin -___- . (the period is where I would get mascara, and then I'd make that same face cuz i just got mascara on the side of my face)

Back