Beauty Army - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my kit yesterday and I chose the Pink Sugar perfume sample. IT SMELLS SO GOOD!!! I am on no buy but I am considering getting a roll on.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my kit yesterday and I chose the Pink Sugar perfume sample. IT SMELLS SO GOOD!!! I am on no buy but I am considering getting a roll on.

I'm a big Pink Sugar fan. One of my fave scents for the last few years now. I bought the hair perfume 'cause I have yet to try that particular Pink Sugar product and I have yet to try the scrub they were offering as a gift with purchase, as well.

Heh, Pink Sugar has been my daytime fragrance for almost ten years now. Got it as a sample in a Sephora order (never would have tried it on my own!) and haven't looked back. They did have a DREADFUL "Blue Sugar" for a while that sounded like it would be awesome for night use, but it STANK. I have the Pink Sugar Sensual for night usage now, but I rarely use it.

Pink Sugar, though? EVERY BLOODY DAY

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a big Pink Sugar fan. One of my fave scents for the last few years now. I bought the hair perfume 'cause I have yet to try that particular Pink Sugar product and I have yet to try the scrub they were offering as a gift with purchase, as well.

I was so sad when I got my order...the gwp was a lotion, not the scrub. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I might email them... I don't want to be annoying but I really wanted the scrub and I don't really care about lotion (it smells  yummy but yeah).

Here's a pic of my kit for March - I really like the Pink Sugar scent also - I was waiting for this sample before placing an order, I think I will need to get the roll on or the hair perfume. I usually prefer citrusy scents, but I like this "cotton candy" like fragrance.

If you order the Pink Sugar, say from Ulta, be careful because there are a few varieties. I have two samples from Ulta and while similar both are slightly different.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you order the Pink Sugar, say from Ulta, be careful because there are a few varieties. I have two samples from Ulta and while similar both are slightly different.

Is one the Pink Sugar Sensual? (black striping)? I like that, but it doesn't AT ALL smell like PS to me.

I can't wear the Pink Sugar at all (I smell like I've lived my entire life in a sugar candy factory), but I love the Sensual version -- has just more oomph to make me smell more womanly, less candy factory lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the sample scent - The Beauty Army shop should have all the same scent I hope. I have two different badges I could use towards it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I made a full size pink sugar order (of the shimmering  body powder) and ba sent the sensual scent too. I like both, but prefer the regular Pink Sugar on me.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is one the Pink Sugar Sensual? (black striping)? I like that, but it doesn't AT ALL smell like PS to me.

What does the Sensual smell like to you?  I've been curious about it, but there's nowhere around here to try it and I don't want to spend the money on it and hate it...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What does the Sensual smell like to you?  I've been curious about it, but there's nowhere around here to try it and I don't want to spend the money on it and hate it...

It kind of reminds me of one of the Chanels when it's on me, actually....maybe Chance? It's definitely less "distinctive" than the regular Pink Sugar is (on me, at least).

I'm in love with Pink Sugar but have never brought the bottle, actually I've never brought a perfume, I've always had someone give them to me lol

From sephora:

Pink Sugar: Oriental

Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

Pink Sugar Sensual: Soft Oriental
Notes: Black Currant, Tangerine, Bergamot, Orange Flower, Jasmine, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Black Sugar, Sandalwood.

I bolded the Bergamot, Orange(or similar), Vanilla, and "wood" scents because they're listed in both. (not sure if it's sandalwood in both)

------------

Pink Sugar original: from what I was reading, for a few people, it starts out smelling fruity, moves to cotton candy, then the licorice shows up making it spicier so it's not straight up cotton candy.  For me, it starts smelling like cotton candy, then it smells like sticky sugary cotton candy and doesn't move from there.

Pink Sugar Sensual: This smells like fresh squeezed orange juice on me for the first 10 minutes, until it starts to add the vanilla and jasmine...and then the deeper notes show up lessening the sweet and making it smell more perfumy.  Perfumes are usually weird on me so it's probably different for most others (I've walked into a perfume shop and told them things always turn really weird on me, and spray something on my arm and have them smell me 10 minutes later and they have NO idea what I put on.  most things end up smelling like hand soap or body wash on me, and pink sugar sensual is one of the few perfumes I actually can wear)

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From sephora:

Pink Sugar: Oriental

Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

Pink Sugar Sensual: Soft Oriental

Notes: Black Currant, Tangerine, Bergamot, Orange Flower, Jasmine, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Black Sugar, Sandalwood.

I bolded the Bergamot, Orange(or similar), Vanilla, and "wood" scents because they're listed in both. (not sure if it's sandalwood in both)

------------

Pink Sugar original: from what I was reading, for a few people, it starts out smelling fruity, moves to cotton candy, then the licorice shows up making it spicier so it's not straight up cotton candy.  For me, it starts smelling like cotton candy, then it smells like sticky sugary cotton candy and doesn't move from there.

Pink Sugar Sensual: This smells like fresh squeezed orange juice on me for the first 10 minutes, until it starts to add the vanilla and jasmine...and then the deeper notes show up lessening the sweet and making it smell more perfumy.  Perfumes are usually weird on me so it's probably different for most others (I've walked into a perfume shop and told them things always turn really weird on me, and spray something on my arm and have them smell me 10 minutes later and they have NO idea what I put on.  most things end up smelling like hand soap or body wash on me, and pink sugar sensual is one of the few perfumes I actually can wear)

The original Pink Sugar is definitely sweeter than Sensual. It doesn't smell fruity to me but more like cotton candy left in a car on a hot summer day. It's that sweet to me. Sensual on the other smells warmer to me and not so sweet much less sickeningly sweet. Between the two I really like Sensual and dislike the original.

On me, Pink Sugar smells like a cross between lemonade and cotton candy. That's the only way I can describe it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sensual, I LIKE, but don't love.

All this talk about Pink Sugar, made me dig into my perfume sample box because I KNEW I'd gotten this from Sephora before. I put it on today and I actually like it. Smells like cotton candy, with a note of something else...that I don't like. Reminds me of the body fantasies cotton candy spray I used to wear when I was younger, only not as cheap smelling. I'm glad I already have one, so I wont choose it in my BA box

I love Pink Sugar, my favorite though is a spritz of that and a spritz of Fresh Sugar which is also a sugary, carmely (totally a word lol) lemon scent.. Mmm so good!

Back