Beauty Army May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure is taking a long time to actually RECEIVE my box this month. It's my 4th month now and it just seems so much longer a wait this time.  I got my shipping notice back on 5/22 and it's still 2 states away (or at least it hasn't updated in 2 days saying otherwise).

I nearly cancelled this month when I kept getting perfume and men's samples and only when they added the NYX and the Eye gel thingies did I decide to give it one more try... but perhaps my expectations were too high based off of my first box - at this point I'm not even excited about BA anymore. 

I have a particular issue with their "skip" process. It's called skip when really it's just "umm, I don't want it this month.. so go ahead and take my money and then when I click on the "lemme pass this month" option, go ahead and send my money back to me" process.  WTH?

I don't like Beauty Army's method of charging even if you skip, either. I hate having to try to remember to make sure I've been refunded.

And speaking of that, I went to look at my bank statement, and although I was charged on 5/14 for the month, which I skipped, I have still not been refunded more than two weeks later. They put me in the position of being a refund watchdog and make me feel distrustful of the company.

I emailed and outlined my reasons- the above and the disappointing selections of samples- and asked to be refunded and to cancel my subscription. I hope it goes smoothly!

I am not at all happy with BA- They charged me even though I skipped within 1 hour of receiving my selection. Then they were not to pleasant in their email response to me. Not cool BA, you have had long enough to fix this payment issue when skipping.

I'm getting tired of having to retake my profile a million times...no NYX shows up for me . All I'm getting is perfumes and eye coolers. The eye coolers is the one thing I want. I don't feel like taking the profile over and over-it's not fun anymore

I'm a huge Beauty Army advocate but I skipped this month. Between LBB and a searching for an awesome dress, I have no patience and little interest in taking BA's test 20 times for 5 days. On top of that I never get the Shea Terra or LaRocca items- the ones I want most. :[

When I emailed on Thurs the 31st to cancel my Beauty Army subscription, they replied very quickly and said they processed a refund, but as of earlier today on the 4th, it's still not in my account. Not loving this. I'm giving it until the end of the week and I suppose I'll contact them again. If they charge me for June, I'll be pretty angry.

Originally Posted by Maxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I emailed on Thurs the 31st to cancel my Beauty Army subscription, they replied very quickly and said they processed a refund, but as of earlier today on the 4th, it's still not in my account. Not loving this. I'm giving it until the end of the week and I suppose I'll contact them again. If they charge me for June, I'll be pretty angry.
It's pretty standard for credit cards to not show a refund for 3-5 business days. 

I was VERY patient on my last refund and finally did email them and they apologized and said I was never issued a refund. And here I was thinking my bank was taking forever, but it usually does stuff pretty quick, so I should have known :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BA was very nice about it, though, and I eventually got my refund, so it's not a big deal.

I was VERY patient on my last refund and finally did email them and they apologized and said I was never issued a refund. And here I was thinking my bank was taking forever, but it usually does stuff pretty quick, so I should have known :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BA was very nice about it, though, and I eventually got my refund, so it's not a big deal.  
But what if you had never emailed them? Or even noticed.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But what if you had never emailed them? Or even noticed.
Yeah, I didn't even notice for the month of May. I thought they had refunded me. I skipped June and it's been over a week but I was still charged. So I looked back at May and was never refunded. $24 stolen, basically. I've emailed them. This should be interesting. I asked to cancel.

I got on the waitlist and have been offered a box about 3 times, but each time I find I'm disappointed by the selection. Tonight, I logged on and saw my samples. I wanted the reusable cucumber eye pads and a rouge they offered, but nothing else. I redid my profile and those 2 items disappeared. Wtf?!?! I kept redoing my profile and eventually picked out 2 other items I wanted, plus 1 I could stand to take. For that, I figured I could find a 6th item. But, I never was able to reproduce my profile to get all 4 of my top choices to show up together. The really crazy thing? I got mad about not finding the eye pads offered to me again, so the only thing I selected that I wanted one time was eye care. The pads didn't show up that time!!!

I unsubscribed from the mailing list. I'm tired of wasting my time and playing Beauty Army lottery. I even suspect they may have it set up so the system will not offer certain items together. That way, maybe they'll reserve certain items to spread out among more customers and sell more boxes, if that makes sense. I do understand that, on the one hand, but on the other hand, I can't be the only one who is turned off by not being able to pull up all the samples we want at the same time. So, we just don't place an order in the first place.

I'm glad I found Beautyfix today, along with a discount code--BFBLOG I think it was. That's the best deal yet! I haven't even gotten my first box, and yet I think they are my new favorite for beauty products. (Still loving my Conscious Box though). The only sad thing is that I won't get it every single month, and like everyone else I do enjoy getting boxes as often as I can. But maybe it is time to put quality over frequency. I may cancel BB and perhaps even Glossy in a month or two. We'll see.

Back